AU vs. MSU Game thread...

War Eagle!

I can't provide updates, as in at work. However, I thought the game still deserved its own thread to discuss.

If anyone wants to update fans, feel free.

Not going to do play by play for WT as I am not going to be able to watch much longer. I will say that this game turned on a wide open missed dunk by Harris when AU was rolling and up 8-0. MSU has started filling up the basket with uncontested 3s and have a 10 point lead. AU can't even get shots off right now, expect by folks MSU is happy to allow to shoot.

Another AU turnover (7th) leads to a wide open 3 as Lang is caught flat footed, which than leads to an illegal screen on Spencer, which leads to another uncontested 3 by MSU as Keim walks around a screen instead of fighting.

Lots of quit on the floor for AU today. Not how you expect them to end the season. Looks like they will play UT on Wednesday.

Only one player sort of playing is Spencer, but as I type that, dumb, dumb foul on him (his 3rd with 2 min to go in the half) giving MSU a 3 point play.

MSU finishes with an oop going into the half and a 19 point lead (oh, waved off for clock malfunction so 17 point lead). All MSU today. I'm out.

How much lponger is it going to take for Bruce to turn this program around? Even UAT and their first year head coach has a better record then we do and they could end up in the SEC tournament and then have a chance to play in the big dance.

7 years.

Quick out in tourney...

Quick out in tourney...

Want to wager on that?

So maybe we won't be in it ?....I haven't checked to see if we qualify

OK...that's good...does that mean every gets in now ? UT...huh..someone will break a losing streak I see.

We MAY beat TN. I see a small chance of that but it's possible. That game or the next will likely be the end of season. Appreciate that these guys didn't just give up this year. We need TONS of improvement next year. The depth issue will hopefully be solved. Hopefully we don't have a bunch of outgoing transfers and injuries again. Just having more depth alone would, IMO, give Bruce enough of a team to make the postseason. Don't want to think about the possible repercussions of another terrible year.

I guess this can be the Tennessee game thread...I'll start with something positive.

5 is positive

Waiting to read an explanation as to why this is not BP's responsibility. A pitiful exhibition.

Disappointing end to another disappointing season. Injuries , suspensions and ineligible players didn't help.

Hoping for much better results next year.

Waiting to read an explanation as to why this is not BP's responsibility. A pitiful exhibition.

He has a roster full of guys who would have to walk on at most schools. The team is 2-3 years from being competitive. If Bruce can't turn it around in the next 3 years, AU can think of moving on. He's the best shot AU has right now. Barbee decimated AU basketball. It takes time to change that.

Archived