Television Shows

On 8/17/2016 at 9:11 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Seems we're discussing a few across multiple topics. Why not have a catch-all thread?

I'm in dire need of a new show to watch. I'm primarily interested in shows available on the streaming services. We typically like to alternate nights of comedy and drama  

Before any recommends Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Wire, True Detective, Stranger Things: I've watched them all. 

We recently finished Mr. Robot season 1 and Love(Netflix Apatow show). 

I have no interest in comic book universe shows. 

Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I recently finished watching the BBC-produced SAS Rogue Heroes, streaming on EPIX.  Also, I finished the book of the same title which the series is derived.  The series was created by Steven Knight, the same guy who created the Peaky Blinders series.  It's really well done -- although some cinematic or literary license is taken, naturally.  But it doesn't detract at all from telling the origin story.  Highly recommend it.  SAS Rogue Heroes

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

New Amsterdam concluded its series last week. Actually forgot this was the last season until the final episode. But other than 1 thread, everyone had a true conclusion to their story. Nice ending to a series. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How many saw the mini-series A Small Light?  It was on the National Geographic Channel earlier in the spring, and I think it's on Hulu & Disney+ now, plus on Youtube.  It tells the story of the woman (Miep Gies) who was instrumental in hiding Anne Frank's family in Amsterdam.  8 episodes, very well done, especially casting.  Spoiler alert:  at the end, they show pictures of the real-life people with the cast members who played them and the similarities are just remarkable.  

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, AUloggerhead said:

How many saw the mini-series A Small Light?  It was on the National Geographic Channel earlier in the spring, and I think it's on Hulu & Disney+ now, plus on Youtube.  It tells the story of the woman (Miep Gies) who was instrumental in hiding Anne Frank's family in Amsterdam.  8 episodes, very well done, especially casting.  Spoiler alert:  at the end, they show pictures of the real-life people with the cast members who played them and the similarities are just remarkable.  

I have not watched it, but will put it on my watch list. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For the OG Walking Dead fans.  Rick is back.

• 1 month later...

Watched two episodes so far.  It’s very good!

It is now going to a mind twisting stage. I will add that one can always count on Noomi Rapace to give a stellar performance. 

Edited by Mike4AU

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Watched 3 episodes so far. It’s outstanding!

I have been anticipating this one.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It’s already clear that it is an award winning series. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Same here hasn't disappointed so far

• Like 1