Rogers, Britt to miss Senior Bowl

MDM4AU

NBC 13 reported tonight that Carlos Rogers would miss the Senior Bowl with a hamstring injury and Wesley Britt would miss with a hairline fracture in his leg (not the leg previously broken). I will post a link when I find one.

I believe BOL is reporting a fibia problem with Britt. Early speculation is a hairline fracture. I hate it for these guys. Hopefully they'll recover quickly and go high in the draft.

No go for Senior Bowl

Hairline fracture will keep Alabama OT out of game

Posted: Wednesday January 26, 2005 9:19PM; Updated: Wednesday January 26, 2005 9:19PM

MOBILE, Ala. (AP) -- Alabama offensive tackle Wesley Britt sustained a hairline fracture of his foot in practice Wednesday and will miss the Senior Bowl.

Britt left the field at Ladd-Peebles Stadium about 40 minutes into the morning practice. The injury occurred during the first play of an inside-running period. The 6-foot-7, 309-pound Britt walked off the field under his own power, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, who coaches the South team, said the injury was not serious.

Gruden said Britt hoped to be ready to perform for scouts when the NFL Combine begins Feb. 23.

"We're looking forward to working with him," Gruden said. "He is a great kid, and he is a big guy."

Auburn cornerback Carlos Rogers and two other South players joined Britt on the injury list. Rogers, Virginia Tech cornerback Eric Green and UAB wide receiver Roddy White sat out Wednesday because of tight hamstrings and are expected to miss the rest of Senior Bowl week.

http://si.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/01/26...y.ap/index.html

That should explain it...

I hate to see any kid injured. Especially this close to the draft. I wish them both all the best and a speedy recovery. :au:

carlos went b/c he thought he was losing ground on other dbs. he's probably going to slip into the second round unless he absolutely wows people at the combines. i have to idea why, i just keep hearing other corners mentioned above him. i think he'll be the third or fourth corner taken.

Carlos' still got the Combine in Indy, but he'll be High to Mid 2nd Round.......Antrell Rolle (Miami) will be the first DB taken, Adam "Pac Man" Jones (West Virginia) will probably be the 2nd taken then Carlos Rogers, That's just my opinion though.

i think given a full week this week, he could've been the first guy off the board. he's the best corner in the draft. he's 10X the cover corner that rolle is, and antrelle has a problem keeping his hands off guys. with the new rules in the league, he's going to be the most penalized corner in the nfl next year. but i agree with you. those two and maybe justin miller (think that's his name) from clemson will go ahead of carlos.

Archived