First Auburn Game

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

1972 Auburn vs. GA Tech.

Auburn won 24-14. I was four years old and the main thing I remember is tailgating and seeing a yellow jacket buzzing around. One of the older kids killed it and predicted that it was an omen that we would win that day. It came true.

War Damn Eagle.

1996 :au: vs :lsu: ....The Fire Game, or The Game from Hell as my mom calls it. The weather was horrible the whole time riding down I-65, then we get to the game and the old building burns down and then on top of all that we lost to the corndogs :puke: Plus our seats were right next to the :lsu: section and boy were they "happy" during the game, later on I learned it was because of all the pints of bourbon they snuck in. Even though it wasn't the best experience one could have I was hooked on Auburn and college football ever since. War Eagle!

'72. "Punt uat Punt" ~ ~ ~ ~

My Dad took me and , needless to say, we hung around for a while after the game was over. :D

The ONLY time I was glad to be in bamaham (The armpit of the State.)

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

2003 :au: vs. :ua: First Auburn play from scrimmage Cadillac goes 80yds. I thought I was going to pass out. it seemed surreal. The perfect moment. I am still smiling :big::big::big:

1979 :au: vs Southern Miss. :au: won 31-9. I was 10 years old and I went with my Dad.

The memories I have from that game are a RB named Sam DeJarnette and the famous orange jerseys

--------------------------------------------

Welby :au:

1983 Auburn vs Texas. Unfortunately, we lost 20-7, which cost us the national title due to both polls losing their collective minds after the bowls and disregarding the ridiculously tough schedule we played that year.

Mine was 1966 or 67. We played Miss State for homecoming and won 36-7 (or something like that). In 1968 my older sister and her boyfriend took me to the TENN game in Bham. UT was ranked #4 in the nation and only needed to beat us to go to the Orange Bowl. They were 3 TD favorites. Well, before you could say Shug, Mike Currier had scored 3 TD's and we were up 21-0. Each time he scored he threw the ball way up into the stands (there were no penalties for that in those days). Ole Shug was really pi$$ed because AU never got any of the footballs back. Anyway, we won 28-14. Made many games during the Sullivan/Beasley era as a Boy Scout. We were ushers. It was great.

1987 Auburn vs Mississippi State

I was a freshman in High School, and my Dad (Auburn '67) took me. Hooked ever since.

First game watched as an Auburn student:

Auburn vs LSU in 1992 - Auburn won 30-28. I was drilling in Belle Chase, LA at the time, and everyone in my unit was giving me a hard time (mostly LSU students and fans in my unit), as we were watching it in the MP shack on JP. When Scott Etheridge kicked that Field Goal as time expired, I had the biggest grin on my face.

First game in person as an Auburn student:

Auburn vs Southern Miss in 1992 - Auburn won 16-8

Well...............my first Auburn game as an incomming student......

1993:

Auburn 55 - New Mexico State 7

My first college game period:

Clemson v/s N.C. State in the mid 70's. I was 5 years old.....it was in Raleigh, and all I know is that Clemson won and I repeated the curse words that the N.C. State fans were shouting at us......

Uh, does it count when your parents take you as an UF fan to an Auburn-UF game in Gainesville? That would be be mid-70's. I then graduated from high school, threw off those parental influences and enrolled at Auburn; so, my first game was Pat Dye's first game too, in 1981. But the one that sticks out is of course, 1982, Bo-over-the-Top...

My mom took me to some homecoming game in like 1985 when I was 3, but I don't remember much about it, other than that we blew out whoever it was. I didn't get to go to another until the 1997 Iron Bowl. Good times.

17-16 1972

My Dad was so mad that Bama lost, we sat in the North Endzone. He almost walked us from Legion Field to Southside. I kid you not!!!

My first game was nothing special---SW Lousiana in 85. Big W for Au. The first game I went to that I really remember was the 4th game that year against Ole Miss. The AU defense had probably the best game I have ever witnessed. Miss had negative yards and no 1rst downs in the first half and not many by the end of a 41-0 rout. The bad thing was that a friend of mine from my high school started at QB for Ole Miss that night(not good- even though he didn't look bad)!

The next game made an impression too! FSU, it was a 31-28 game in the 4th and was very much up in the air. Then AU scored 4 touchdowns in about 7 minutes and the crowd was booming. I was in the student section and could see the seems in the concrete actually expanding and contracting from the fans jumping and screaming. Man, I miss those days sometimes!

Archived