NASCAR thread (Kyle Larson 2021 Champ)

AUBwins

39 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He runs really well on road courses as well.  I remember Gordon dominating those back in the day.  I love the Roval.  Very happy that Nascar added this race into the playoffs as an elimination race.  Last year's race was unbelievable.  I didn't watch all of this one, only the last quarter of it but watching Chase win was worth it. 

The Roval was unkind........was very disappointed in Wallace not so much the water for the comments........

P.S. Raced the Roval on Nascar Heat 3 on pro mode.....can never place higher than 25........crazy turns.

P.S.S.....M&M has taught us they'll sponsor anybody so Wallace should be fine........Also hoping Jimmy Johnson can find success again.........felt the same way about Boyer in his slump and not a huge fan of either.

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

was very disappointed in Wallace not so much the water for the comments........

Haven't heard what he said & not sure I want to. He flipped Bowman the bird numerous times before AB wrecked him. Kyle Petty & DJ (Dale Jarrett) said that's normal & AB needs to develop a thicker skin on it. Well I have never heard much Bird flipping going on before so it's news to me.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haven't heard what he said & not sure I want to. He flipped Bowman the bird numerous times before AB wrecked him. Kyle Petty & DJ (Dale Jarrett) said that's normal & AB needs to develop a thicker skin on it. Well I have never heard much Bird flipping going on before so it's news to me.

Said AB played the sick card otherwise he would have punched him in the jaw...........I don't think anyone from his crew followed him over to confront AB.......I know for a fact he wouldn't have confronted Ryan Newman in such a manner........Someone made a comment Wallace can barley make it around the track with 2 hands let alone 1 hand😂 

• 1 month later...

@AUBwins............5 laps or so in and Chase Elliot wrecks😢..........my youngest son hootin and hollerin for Harvick............with Chase all but out I would like to see Jimmy Johnson win....not that I am a huge fan per say.........would like to see him end his winless streak.

16 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

@AUBwins............5 laps or so in and Chase Elliot wrecks😢..........my youngest son hootin and hollerin for Harvick............with Chase all but out I would like to see Jimmy Johnson win....not that I am a huge fan per say.........would like to see him end his winless streak.

I turned it on late and was wondering what happened. I agree with Jimmy. He has had a rough go for a while. Chase will be in a win or go home for the final 2 races to take the Championship. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I turned it on late and was wondering what happened. I agree with Jimmy. He has had a rough go for a while. Chase will be in a win or go home for the final 2 races to take the Championship. 

You know out of the field of racers there is only 3 that it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they blow a motor.........One slapped the wall earlier, one slaps a driver on the shoulder and hides behind his crew, and the other loves M&M's.........does that make me a bad person😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

You know out of the field of racers there is only 3 that it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they blow a motor.........One slapped the wall earlier, one slaps a driver on the shoulder and hides behind his crew, and the other loves M&M's.........does that make me a bad person😂

Not at all when it comes to racing. 

• Love 1

@AUBwins what year did Jamie McMurray drive the Auburn Tiger car at Talledega 2011 or 2012?..........you know I think he actually won.

Update: 2013 

Edited by kevon67

7 hours ago, kevon67 said:

@AUBwins what year did Jamie McMurray drive the Auburn Tiger car at Talledega 2011 or 2012?..........you know I think he actually won.

Update: 2013 

That sounds right. I was at that race. I had to get back to work Monday so left about 20 laps remaining and listened on radio. I remember Jr was in the cat bird seat, and guarantee he would have won that race if a caution had not come out on the last lap. I was OK with it since was an Auburn car!

• Love 1

Well I hate it for Elliott..........tough hill to climb.........at least there is no Logano, Nascar's equivalent to footballs bammer.

• Like 1

Elliott’s team struggled this leg of the playoffs.  It’s hard to believe that three Gibbs cars are in the final four.   

I don’t like Harvick or Hamlin.  I used to not like Busch but he’s OK now.   That leaves Truex for me.  

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Elliott’s team struggled this leg of the playoffs.  It’s hard to believe that three Gibbs cars are in the final four.   

I don’t like Harvick or Hamlin.  I used to not like Busch but he’s OK now.   That leaves Truex for me.  

My youngest likes Harvick(only because we have Hunt's Brothers Pizza at the store) afraid if he knew the past 20 years he may not like him as much..........Truex the most class of the four by a long shot.......with that said more drawn to Harvick.

• 1 month later...

Respect Kyle a ton for this speech. He’s come a long way, once Samantha was a part of the picture. His touching tribute to his wife was heartwarming. 12:30 mark. The entire speech was good but the last minute and a half was straight from the heart. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

John Andretti passed away today.  He had 2 wins with one being at Daytona.  He was the last win for a Richard Petty car back in 2008. He fought colon cancer for 3 years and unfortunately It won.  I had been following him on twitter and hoped he would come through.  56 is too young.

• Sad 3

Anybody with the name Andretti resonates in auto racing.  RIP John. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear Ryan is awake and talking. These cars are very safe nowadays but this was a perfect storm scenario where it could very well have killed him.  I am most grateful the leaking gas didn't ignite before officials put out the fire. 

• Like 1

Newman was released from hospital and walked out on his own, hand in hand with his two girls. Remarkable result considering what we saw. Praise God! That was scary. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is extremely fascinating and a creative way to give NASCAR fans their love of racing. Kudos. I have given up my cable so I can’t watch it but it aired live on FS1 with the fox broadcast crew. Dale Jr was able to race in it, being no risk to head trauma, and got passed by Hamlin in turn 4 to come in 2nd. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2894874001

@Auburn KevWatching the virtual NASCAR race. My goodness this is awesome. Great racing, and a lot of the sponsors joined in this week. Presentation top notch. On Fox now. 

Also a chance for iracing regulars to make a name for themselves nationally. Michael Waltrip even reported from one of those iracing drivers homes. Such dedication. 

Edited by AUBwins

• 1 month later...

Woohoo, Chase wins! He's been on a heck of a roll since Nascar started back. He was wrecked by Kyle Busch with 28 laps to go at Darlington, while going for the lead. Chase was winning the coke 600 before a late caution erased his big lead with 1-1/2 laps remaining. You never want to be the leader on a late caution regarding pit strategy. Chase then got the true retribution on Kyle Busch by beating him in the truck race.  For those that don't know, it's been 2 full years since a Cup driver beat Kyle.  A 100k bounty was put on the race for charity and Chase took him up on it and won.  Then Chase wins the cup race tonight!!! In the playoffs and a hot streak. Woo!

@Auburn Kev Matt Kenseth is racing again, replacing Larson when he got fired. 

• 1 month later...

Basically hitting the halfway point in the season today.  It’s been interesting with no practice and qualifying but I’d argue that’s set up more compelling racing.  Kyle Busch struggling has to be the head scratcher of the year.  It’s been good to see Reddick, Custer, John Hunter, and the rest of the rookies do well.  IMO William Byron needs to win a race or at the very minimum be more competitive in the 24.  It’s gonna be a fun couple years watching Chase and Blaney battle as friends and possibly the next top drivers in the series.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Basically hitting the halfway point in the season today.  It’s been interesting with no practice and qualifying but I’d argue that’s set up more compelling racing.  Kyle Busch struggling has to be the head scratcher of the year.  It’s been good to see Reddick, Custer, John Hunter, and the rest of the rookies do well.  IMO William Byron needs to win a race or at the very minimum be more competitive in the 24.  It’s gonna be a fun couple years watching Chase and Blaney battle as friends and possibly the next top drivers in the series.  

A frustrated Rowdy usually turns into fireworks later, especially if he gets caught in a late bump when in the lead lol.  He finally won Xfinity race but failed post race and was DQd.