Please Stop

icanthearyou

Agree..drives my computer nuts....and me too.

An auto-aural ad invoked on my computer yesterday.  I have no problems with static ads on the forum.  I recognize that income needs to be generated to keep the forum going. 

That said, here is a truth.  If the auto ads proliferate, so will ad blockers.  That would not be good for the health of the forum.

• 1 month later...

So is there any way to stop these ads?  At one time there was a donation to remove them.  Is that still available?  I can't even type a response because the ads keep taking focus from the comment box.

They are back. Returned from the dead. Zombie-like creatures that steal bandwidth without the unwary traveler even knowing it until.....you get the dreaded notice that you'll have to get offline or pay extra t the Zombie-god of the intrawebs. I suspect gremlins!

And just like that, they are gone! Vanished into the depths of hell, one can hope. Kudos to the ghost buster that exterminated the little grems!

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

And just like that, they are gone! Vanished into the depths of hell, one can hope. Kudos to the ghost buster that exterminated the little grems!

OOPS! I spoke too soon. They are back! See ya' after 2AM and before 8 AM.

• 1 year later...

Archived