What do you think of the new staff?

Tigerdog007

Hello everyone. I have been out of touch for a while so pardon me if this has been posted.

I was wondering what the War Eagle Nation thinks of the new DC and D line coach hires at LSU. I feel like the most LSU fans are happy. What does everyone over here think?

Thanks,

:corndog:

Hello everyone. I have been out of touch for a while so pardon me if this has been posted.

I was wondering what the War Eagle Nation thinks of the new DC and D line coach hires at LSU. I feel like the most LSU fans are happy. What does everyone over here think?

Thanks,

145423[/snapback]

I'm ecstatic about the chance for Auburn to throw against Pelini's secondary.

I think we'll know more in a couple of years because with all the starters you guys have returning, even I would look like a brilliant coach next year.

Better question. What do you think of Perilous Ryan Perilloux dogging out your boy, Jamarcus before he even sets foot on the field?

I don't know much about Les Miles but he doesn't seem like half the coach saban is. If yall have any sort of transition period this season look out for auburn or bama to take the west in front of you.

As Esquire said anybody would look good given the Athletes at lsu.......We'll see how good he is three to four years down the road when it's His team.........I'm more impressed with the RB Coach at Mississippi State.........Freddie Kitchens, I'm not lieing about this one. He really is the New RB Coach..........Watch out SEC Defenses, the RBs are Coached by the Great Kitchens :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, I didn't hear who was the new D-line coach, so I can't comment on that one. Pelini is well-thought-of within coaching circles as far as I know, so even though I don't think he's as good as what you had before in Muschamp and Saban, he'll still probably do well. But I think as far as head coach goes, as ESPN said, "LSU settled for Les with Miles."

I think you should post it on a corndog board.  Around here, we tend to talk more about  :au:   and less about  :lsu: .

145471[/snapback]

Now that sounds like the kind of respose I would get on LSUTigerForum <_<

Thanks,

145423[/snapback]

TD007....is Pellini oficiall? I hen't seen anything to confirm it.

I can't comment too much on your new staff since I don't know much about them.

A better question is how do you feel since none were you first or even second choice.

Now that sounds like the kind of respose I would get on LSUTigerForum <_<

Yeah I was trying to picture how a thread like this would go over on TF.

"Eventhough Tuberville won national coach of the year and took his team to an undefeated season with a brand new OC, he's still good for nothing. Nobody but Auburn would want him. He was only given the numerous awards because everybody felt sorry for him after his own fanbase wanted him fired."

Yeah, sounds familiar. :big:

I don't want this to devolve into an LSU/Auburn hate fest, but for the record, please understand that nobody wants your coach. Without regard to all the bad blood, past incidents, etc. we still think he's pretty much a mediocre coach. Yes, you had a fantastic season (and should be congratulated) but the miraculous return of two senior running backs, and the even more miraculous transformation of the disaster that was Jason Campbell has a lot to do with why you went undefeated. Don't get all puffed up about Tubby's Coach of the Year award - he got it in large part because YOU TRIED TO FIRE HIM the year before. It was a feel-good story, sympathy award as much as anything else. So please get it through your head - Tubby is not a hot commodity. He's not a marquee guy that any top program wants. Auburn can keep him, and as an LSU fan I hope they do.

Better question.  What do you think of Perilous Ryan Perilloux dogging out your boy, Jamarcus before he even sets foot on the field?

145432[/snapback]

He "dogged out" Matt Flynn much more than JaMarcus. He said Russell struggled at times. That sounds about true to me... I think you AU folks would agree.

Plus, that was a mis-quote. He really didn't dog anyone.

Thanks everyone for the response.

Proud Tiger- The answer to your question is no it is not "official" because we haven't had the announcement yet, but it is a done deal. They should announce tomorrow.

For those of you who didn't like me starting this thread over here (kickerman97) check my record on this board. I come here to talk football. This is a football question on a football board. I was just trying to find out what the rest of the SEC thinks about the hire. If you don't like the thread then don't reply to it. I was not talking trash. I was simply asking a football question.

Thanks, :corndog:

Proud Tiger- The answer to your question is no it is not "official" because we haven't had the announcement yet, but it is a done deal. They should announce tomorrow.

For those of you who didn't like me starting this thread over here (kickerman97) check my record on this board. I come here to talk football. This is a football question on a football board. I was just trying to find out what the rest of the SEC thinks about the hire. If you don't like the thread then don't reply to it. I was not talking trash. I was simply asking a football question.

145550[/snapback]

Yeah, this guy's alright....for a Corndoggydogg. :poke:

145550[/snapback]

Yeah, this guy's alright....for a Corndoggydogg. :poke:

145551[/snapback]

I should have known!! How have you been? You got any plans to come to the corndog nation for the game this year? If you do, let me know. I have a place for you to stay!!

Better question.  What do you think of Perilous Ryan Perilloux dogging out your boy, Jamarcus before he even sets foot on the field?

145432[/snapback]

He "dogged out" Matt Flynn much more than JaMarcus. He said Russell struggled at times. That sounds about true to me... I think you AU folks would agree.

145540[/snapback]

lsu2006....I really don't know what Perilous said but as I undestand it some LSU paper said it was a misquote but the USA reporter had a tape and it showed Perilous said exactly what the guy reported......no misquote. In ant event I think ya'll got a great athlete but a big prima dona to deal with. it will be interesting to see how it plays out. :)

145432[/snapback]

145540[/snapback]

lsu2006....I really don't know what Perilous said but as I undestand it some LSU paper said it was a misquote but the USA reporter had a tape and it showed Perilous said exactly what the guy reported......no misquote. In ant event I think ya'll got a great athlete but a big prima dona to deal with. it will be interesting to see how it plays out. :)

145560[/snapback]

Yep.

I think the QB position needs to have somone with a lot of confidence but I don't think Perilloux understands what awaits him in the SEC. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see him beating out two QB's with two years under their belt. Both Russell and Flynn were highly ranked themselves coming out of high school.

You'd have to see video of Perrilloux but he's honestly not as confrontational as some of his quotes come accross. He's just very confident and it can come accross negatively. He's also not yet aware of how the media works. I hope that the new staff will teach him the art of humility and I also hope Miles keeps Saban's policy of not allowing Freshmen to talk to the media.

Perrilloux is going to have an interesting introduction I'm sure. He's not exactly walking into a team full of slouches. I'm sure they will let him know how it works in the SEC real quick.

I should have known!! How have you been? You got any plans to come to the corndog nation for the game this year? If you do, let me know. I have a place for you to stay!!

145555[/snapback]

Been good, how about you?

I'm considering making the trip, but haven't made any solid plans yet. Free housing, however, sweetens the pot a bit. :thumbsup:

What do you think of LSU's recruiting class this year?

145555[/snapback]

Been good, how about you?

I'm considering making the trip, but haven't made any solid plans yet. Free housing, however, sweetens the pot a bit. :thumbsup:

What do you think of LSU's recruiting class this year?

145855[/snapback]

Well the class was pretty small, however we did get some pretty good players. I am excited about RP coming here, but e still has a bunch to prove!!

If you are interested in staying let me know. I am sure I will be going to the game. You could come and party with us for the weekend. We may smell like corndogs but we party like horndogs!! :moon:

Well the class was pretty small, however we did get some pretty good players. I am excited about RP coming here, but e still has a bunch to prove!!

If you are interested in staying let me know. I am sure I will be going to the game. You could come and party with us for the weekend. We may smell like corndogs but we party like horndogs!! :moon:

145945[/snapback]

RP is a big pick-up. I just hope his head will fit into his helmet.

Party like horndogs, huh? Guess I'm leaving my girl in Atlanta that weekend. B)

Archived