How many offensive linemen did we lose?

PowerI

I work with this bammer fan, and today he said that he had hoped that Marcus McNeil would have left because he is all we have on our offensive line because we lost three starters. I thought that we only lost Danny Lindsey and Jeremy Ingle. But I could be wrong.

you're right. he's wrong (imagine that). marcus comes back at left tackle. troy reddick comes back at right tackle. ben grubbs comes back at left guard. not to mention that steven ross returns, and he's started at center and left tackle previously.

O line is going to be a Bama weakness since they lose Britt and another starter (Mathis?)and they are thin there like rest of the team which means the QB's are gonna have to work on the quick release and dump off pass if the o line isn't gelling well.

O line is going to be a Bama weakness since they lose Britt and another starter (Mathis?)and they are thin there like rest of the team which means the QB's are gonna have to work on the quick release and dump off pass if the o line isn't gelling well.

146110[/snapback]

They are SO not gellin'

And Leon Hart.  He said that our offensive line would be a weakness.  I think it will be a strength.  JMHO.

146094[/snapback]

Not to mention King Dunlap. I think we will see Reddick possibly moved to a guard opposite Grubbs. At least that is what I would do if coach. When Dunlap was in there his foot work was impressive. It will be a battle b/c Hart could wind up at C beating out Ross. I think our OL will be our strength!! Giving Cox or Booker time in the pocket to sling it down field to one of our 5 or 6 good WRs!!

I hope it is as good as this year because this past years offensive line wasn't too great. We honestly didn't run the ball well at all. We had decent pass blocking, but our running game (trademark) just wasn't there this year. I saw us get shut down a lot. I hope our line is as good as the 2002 offensive line.. I thought they were awesome!

BTW.. Our center from this past year is back right?

Why do I ask? Because when he got hurt in the SECCG.. Lindsay came in to play C (our other center was injured).. and our line played much better. :-/ I don't know if it was just his foot problems that caused him to get knocked back on most of the plays.. but I hope it was.

BTW.. Our center from this past year is back right?

Why do I ask? Because when he got hurt in the SECCG.. Lindsay came in to play C (our other center was injured).. and our line played much better. :-/ I don't know if it was just his foot problems that caused him to get knocked back on most of the plays.. but I hope it was.

146169[/snapback]

Wrong both Jeremy Ingle and Danny Lindsey were SR's and graduated.

But they are moving Leon Heart to center this spring which could be a great move for Leon & AU.

Returning OL. There are also several RSF that will be added to this list. Plus the2 or 3 signed this year.

Rhett Autrey OG

Jarrod Britt OL

Joe Cope C

Antwoin Daniels OG

Timmy Duckworth OL

King Dunlap OL

Ben Grubbs OL

Leon Hart OL

Marcus McNeill OT

Jonathan Palmer OG

Troy Reddick OT

Steven Ross C

William Sullivan OL

William Ward C

I agree with the observation of the running game this past season, Carnell didn't have any long runs like he had in 03. It felt like the backs were gettting hit at the line of scrimmage or just beyond more often than not. Thank the lord Tubby made the running game a staple when he was hired, Tater Tot's 165 pound bruisers make me cringe to this day.

Archived