WAAAAARRR EAGLE Hoff

LKEEL75

The Hoff and his War Eagle!!  link

David Hasselhoff gave the loudest, longest 'War Eagle' you'll hear today

Jeremy HendersonBy Jeremy Henderson 
Follow on Twitter 
on May 08, 2017 at 3:47 PM, updated May 08, 2017 at 3:52 PM

BAYWATCH: HAWAIIAN WEDDING, David Hasselhoff, 2003, TM and Copyright (c) 20th Century Fox Film Corp. ADavid Hasselhoff, shown here in "Baywatch" in 2003, happily gave his best, "War Eagle!" (20th Century Fox Film Corp./Everett Collection)

I co-host a new morning radio show in Auburn, Rich and Jeremy in the Morning. You should check it out. We've already won two ABBY Awards. Life is good.

Sometimes we interview celebrities. And sometimes we ask them to say "War Eagle." They have all obliged, with varying degrees of enthusiasm. We got the guy who played Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off to shout it in his fake George Peterson voice, and that was cool. We got Julie Andrews -- that Julie Andrews -- to say it, which was wild.

But I doubt if anyone will ever be able to top David Hasselhoff's "War Eagle."

We had the Hoff on Monday to promote Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (he has a cameo), as well as his new-ish Netflix mockumentary Hoff The Record, which you can stream on Netflix.

But I also asked him about his brief stint as the University of Arizona's unofficial mascot. (Remember that viral video of him leading cheers at a Wildcats game back in 2008? I do.) Then I asked if he would trade teams, just to help us out with that thing we do. It would only take a second, I said.

I was wrong. It took him six seconds. Because he owned it beyond our wildest dreams. It just kept going. And going.

Sure, David Hasselhoff admittedly says "yes" to pretty much everything these days (including, he told us, performing "an X-rated rap"). But the Hoff's "War Eagle" wasn't a sure, whatever courtesy to some jerks on the radio. It was a barbaric yawp from the throat that toppled the Berlin Wall.

It honestly sounds like he's in Jordan-Hare, soundtracking another through-the-end zone bomb from Daniel Carlson along with 87,450 of his closest friends, as the T-shirt says.

If Auburn is smart, they will sample that thing posthaste, blast it from the USS JumboTron at the start of every home game, and trademark a new uniquely Auburn tradition: The KickHoff.

• 1 month later...

Archived