Recent Article on Danley 10-14-2004

DKW 86

Link to Plainsman

Glory Days

This Week : Stacy Danley

By Carten Cordell

Sports Staff

October 14, 2004

Stacy Danley could arguably be the hardest-working man in Auburn’s athletic department.

If someone could be in the associate athletic director’s office for 15 minutes without the phone ringing, a colleague stopping by or Danley tweaking one of his many projects, that person would have witnessed a truly rare occurance.

After reading the article, I wonder why he was fired. I have heard on many occasions what a good job Dantley was doing. I hope these firing have nothing to do with politics. I think Dantley loves Auburn. Dantley was one of my favorite AU players. Him and Joseph were a good tandem.

The article was in 2004 before the firings.

Danely isn't saying this is about politics, he is claiming racism. Don't read into things.

And I hardly call one student's opinion of danely an expert opinion. Who at work isn't interupted every 15 minutes? It's called work for a reason.

i felt like john the baptist, you know,"a voice crying in the wilderness" when the AD search was going on because so many of you wanted him in that position....i told you that radacovich was the best man for the job....believe me now?....jacobs is just a screw-up waiting to happen....i told you so

And I hardly call one student's opinion of danely an expert opinion. 

146454[/snapback]

Yeah, you've got to read the Plainsmen just as you would any other paper. They can show a pretty heavy bias agaisnt the administration at times, regardless of how good a decision might have been.

And I hardly call one student's opinion of danely an expert opinion. 

146454[/snapback]

Yeah, you've got to read the Plainsmen just as you would any other paper. They can show a pretty heavy bias agaisnt the administration at times, regardless of how good a decision might have been.

146489[/snapback]

Its good to hear from all points of view when debating a matter....

from what I've heard, Stacy nor Eugene were good workers....lazy in fact.

And the choice to play the race card is ridiculous...it really irks me when folks do this.

I don't know much about the PLAINSMAN, but were they critical on the way things were handled with JETGATE? Did they break the JETGATE story? No.

Are they critical on anything? About Auburn? Just curious

Archived