Marlon Character, Jr. transferring to South Carolina

abw0004

I thought Auburn was blocking the transfer to SEC schools along with Ohio State for Character and Jackson?  Or was Marlon mis-typing and purely committing for the following season?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/former-auburn-db-marlon-character-jr-‏-transferring-south-carolina/

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I thought Auburn was blocking the transfer to SEC schools along with Ohio State for Character and Jackson?  Or was Marlon mis-typing and purely committing for the following season?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/former-auburn-db-marlon-character-jr-‏-transferring-south-carolina/

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that Jackson was blocked because he was voluntarily leaving AU whereas MC was dismissed for misconduct. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What did Character do? 

Missed the reason for why why he left.

Marlon Character Jr. had an "argument" with a teammate in the weeks leading up to his transfer from the Auburn football team, according to a source.

The school announced Character and fellow redshirt freshman Antwuan Jackson Jr. are transferring from the program on Thursday.

The incident did not involve Jackson, the source said.

Multiple sources said the argument occurred on campus and became heated.

Via a spokesman, Auburn had not comment regarding the matter and Character Jr. has not returned a message from AL.com.

17 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that Jackson was blocked because he was voluntarily leaving AU whereas MC was dismissed for misconduct. 

Are you saying he was dismissed for character issues? 

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Marlon Character Jr. had an "argument" with a teammate in the weeks leading up to his transfer from the Auburn football team, according to a source.

The school announced Character and fellow redshirt freshman Antwuan Jackson Jr. are transferring from the program on Thursday.

The incident did not involve Jackson, the source said.

Multiple sources said the argument occurred on campus and became heated.

Via a spokesman, Auburn had not comment regarding the matter and Character Jr. has not returned a message from AL.com.

Who was the argument with? 

We cannot block a player from transferring anywhere. What blocking a guy does is make him pay his own way for his transfer year instead of his being able to be on scholarship while he sits out his transfer year.

Don't recall him being a potential factor at AU and thus don't see that he's gonna be a problem for AU at another SEC school...but wondering if he was recruited by CWM....which might be why he ended up there.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Don't recall him being a potential factor at AU and thus don't see that he's gonna be a problem for AU at another SEC school...but wondering if he was recruited by CWM....which might be why he ended up there.

Well...actually indications were that he was looking pretty good in practices and might see some time in the rotation. On the other hand, we need team chemistry and togetherness so he can take whatever his tude was to Columbia.

Yeah, TRob and CWM actually got him to flip from USCe to Auburn during the recruiting cycle. So he was real familiar with both.

Hopefully he'll get it turned around and do good over there, unless we play em.;)

This was actually expected from the time he decided to transfer. All Gus did was delay the inevitable by making him go to Juco for a year in order to get to South Carolina. The question has been whether anyone on South Carolina's staff was breaking the rules, or using ways to get around the rules, to recruit him while he was at Auburn, since they recruited him to Auburn originally. 

Archived