2020 3* PG Mark Sears

cole256

5 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Got this one right, too! 😂😂😂

Funny you went searching for this because this is one of my best rights. See if you can find anybody else call out multiple D1 guys in high school before any offers 😂 

But since we're on the subject what do contribute 😭🤡

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Funny you went searching for this because this is one of my best rights. See if you can find anybody else call out multiple D1 guys in high school before any offers 😂 

But since we're on the subject what do contribute 😭🤡

Got it right he wouldn’t play for the Tide. Comprendo?🤡

4 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Got it right he wouldn’t play for the Tide. Comprendo?🤡

Oh the I don't know I don't think he will?  Lol ok you got me. 

Now what do you offer here? 😭🤡🤡😭

• 7 months later...

From not wanted, to second team sec, to declaring for the draft. God is good!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Good call on Sears! Just a guess on my part but I’m guessing Mark would’ve been at Auburn for 3 or 4 seasons.   It’s a shame that it didn’t work out.   Would have interesting seeing him with some of the talent that came through Auburn the last 4 years.  

Edited by aubaseball

• 7 months later...

Still wishing he had come here. Still a big miss for us in a position where we had a huge need. 

And an absolutely INSANE start to the season. Basically averaging 20 5 5 on 65% shooting from the field and 3 90% from the free throw! That's a crazy start and stat line

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 11:44 AM, cole256 said:

Still wishing he had come here. Still a big miss for us in a position where we had a huge need. 

And an absolutely INSANE start to the season. Basically averaging 20 5 5 on 65% shooting from the field and 3 90% from the free throw! That's a crazy start and stat line

It’s sad that people can’t see that this was a miss by Pearl.    Sears or Kd? I’ll take Sears everyday 

31 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It’s sad that people can’t see that this was a miss by Pearl.    Sears or Kd? I’ll take Sears everyday 

Anybody saying this wasn't a miss I promise you have a history with me and just don't want to say so, nobody objective on here looking at him and really coming to a conclusion he isn't good enough. He was the 4 year guy that some are sayingthey wish we had...

if we had brought in Mark as a freshman I'll go as far as to say we may have been a title contender when we had Jabari. The only thing we were missing from that team is everything he's great at.  All of those close games and games we had the lead but lost because we were frantic and out of control turns into wins IMO. 

Edited by cole256

On 4/9/2023 at 10:04 AM, cole256 said:

100%.  I haven't read all the posts, did Sears want to be at AU?

18 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

100%.  I haven't read all the posts, did Sears want to be at AU?

cole can answer better but I don't think he would have turned down a AU offer. He is related to the Sears brother from Russellville who played for AU and UTk. I think we were recruiting Sharife Cooper at the same time not sure.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

cole can answer better but I don't think he would have turned down a AU offer. He is related to the Sears brother from Russellville who played for AU and UTk. I think we were recruiting Sharife Cooper at the same time not sure.

That is disappointing.   My wife is from a Russellville suburb -- Phil Campbell.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Bobcats if I recall 

100% Golf.   She will be so happy when I show this to her.  She was a Bobcat Cheerleader, Homecoming Queen still beautiful as ever and the best mom 3 kids could ever have...   You remember the 2011 tornado event?   It took out the High School and the Chat and Chew.   They re-built the high school... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

100% Golf.   She will be so happy when I show this to her.  She was a Bobcat Cheerleader, Homecoming Queen still beautiful as ever and the best mom 3 kids could ever have...   You remember the 2011 tornado event?   It took out the High School and the Chat and Chew.   They re-built the high school... 

is that the one that took out the entire town of Hackleburg … the home of Sonny James 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

is that the one that took out the entire town of Hackleburg … the home of Sonny James 

Yes.  April 27, 2011.   That one tornado was the deadliest of all of them that hit the southeast that day. It killed 72 folks.   At the time it was the deadliest tornado since 1955 (maybe climate change caused that one nearly 70 years ago).   It was 1.25 miles wide at its widest mark and had winds that reached 210 mph.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

My grandfather's hometown.

Also, @cole256, Mark is playing today! 

Really just down the road from Russellville. Once played a junior high game at their gym damn fans were shooting BB pistols at us going in for a lay up.

Hurt like a mother.......

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Really just down the road from Russellville. Once played a junior high game at their gym damn fans were shooting BB pistols at us going in for a lay up.

Hurt like a mother.......

Yep, sounds like my family

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I'd say he played....... without him bama gets blown out

35 pts

8-16 3PT

16-25 FG

The entire rest of the team attempted 39 shots.

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

My grandfather's hometown.

Also, @cole256, Mark is playing today! 

Yeah I saw that.  He had like 35. I'm just so proud at how well rounded he turned out to be.  He literally can do whatever you ask.  I wish he could get the turnovers down a bit, but this year he has a bunch of new guys and all the teams are focusing on him.  

I wish you could meet him bro, you wouldn't believe how humble and just good person he is.  He's actually more quiet and shy type.  He's very strong in his faith, and talks about his relationship with God when he gets the chances to. 

The community and church, we are very proud of him.  Seems like yesterday I was pushing him down and stuff during drills. Even way back then he wouldn't cry or anything just get back up and go harder.  I really hope he goes to the nba but even if he didn't he needs to be on some type of stage for people to see there are plenty of good kids out here too. Still doing things the right way

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I saw that.  He had like 35. I'm just so proud at how well rounded he turned out to be.  He literally can do whatever you ask.  I wish he could get the turnovers down a bit, but this year he has a bunch of new guys and all the teams are focusing on him.  

I wish you could meet him bro, you wouldn't believe how humble and just good person he is.  He's actually more quiet and shy type.  He's very strong in his faith, and talks about his relationship with God when he gets the chances to. 

The community and church, we are very proud of him.  Seems like yesterday I was pushing him down and stuff during drills. Even way back then he wouldn't cry or anything just get back up and go harder.  I really hope he goes to the nba but even if he didn't he needs to be on some type of stage for people to see there are plenty of good kids out here too. Still doing things the right way

No matter where, he should be paid to play some where after he moves on.

His evolution has been fun to keep track of. 

• Like 1