NFL Thread

aujeff11

The NFL season is finally here so let's talk NFL. Game threads, favorite players/ teams, matchups,  fantasy, smacktalk, etc. I'm a Panthers fan (since the Stephen Davis days) and my favorite player is Cam Newton. 

To start the thread off, just yesterday morning on the radio somebody said this year's Pats team was going to be stronger than the Pats team that almost finished undefeated a few years ago.  So what does Alex Smith and the Chiefs do to them week one? They disrespect and embarrass the Pats on their own turf. So take the L, Pats and anonymous radio guy on the zone. 

Edited by aujeff11

Stefon Diggs is doing work. I wish we could've gotten him way back when.

Dalvin Cook is running hard as well. Sam Bradford played like a baseball hitter on a ten game hitting streak seeing beach balls for fastballs.

I guess the 'aints are going to suck at D again.

Edited by aujeff11

I feel bad for Adrian Peterson now; he had a bad, humbling night. He was barely used all game ( 18 yards) and he threw a fit with Sean Payton for not putting him in(The aints have AP, Ingram, and Kamara...and Kamara is starting to eat the carries.)

And then last regular play of the day, Dalvin Cook breaks AP's Viking rookie record on a long run. 

DONT DISRESPECKT THE MAN LIKE THAT!

Edited by aujeff11

16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I feel bad for Adrian Peterson now; he had a bad, humbling night. He was barely used all game ( 18 yards) and he threw a fit with Sean Payton for not putting him in(The aints have AP, Ingram, and Kamara...and Kamara is starting to eat the carries.)

And then last regular play of the day, Dalvin Cook breaks AP's Viking rookie record on a long run. 

DONT DISRESPECKT THE MAN LIKE THAT!

Yep....kind of interesting ....Payton just ignored him and continued walking.......so how long can AP get away with that?   I'm guessing not long. Also guess AP is paying for enough "love children" that he can't afford to quit....

Edited by AU64

Very surprised last night by the Vikes, the OLine did work and give Bradford time to actually make a read/throw the ball and made the Saints pay.  D Cook looked like he's the real deal too.  They continue this and they could be a force in NFC with the D they have.

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Browns are just a doomed team feel bad for anyone who plays for them as well as there fans and this is coming from a Steelers fan

Can't blame it on Cleveland either. Their basketball team just recently won a championship two years ago and their baseball team is the hottest team in baseball and went to the WS last year. 

Edited by aujeff11

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can't blame it on either Cleveland either. Their basketball team just recently won a championship two years ago and their baseball team is the hottest team in baseball and went to the WS last year. 

true  poor browns

Right now I mostly just watch to see how many of the idiots will take a knee during the National Anthem and then I head for a baseball game. .

Sorry Jeff but about the only good reason to watch an NFL game ....any NFL game...... is to see Cam play..  And unfortunately, the Panthers seem to be in the process of wrecking his career by making him just another ordinary drop back passer with no OL.    When he's gone, my NFL watching hours will fall off dramatically.    

Nice to see the Auburn names on the rosters but I'm not going to spend an afternoon hoping to see if one of our former DBs actually breaks up a pass..... or hoping that Sammy will catch a pass. . :gofig:

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The Thursday night NFL game has been amazing. Best Thursday night game I've seen in a while. 

Goff, Gurley and the Rams offense looked good tonight. Dallas next week might be a good game.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:08 AM, aujeff11 said:

Danny was suspended for two games. I guess I should work for the NFL. 

Yeah, I’d take Funchess over Benjamin. He’s too slow to get open. He’s got to beat DBs high. Funchess finds space and makes catches. 

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, I’d take Funchess over Benjamin. He’s too slow to get open. He’s got to beat DBs high. Funchess finds space and makes catches. 

Ditto. I started Funchess over Bengamin today because he is much more reliable but really, he has a talent level of a WR2. He gave me 18. 

Bengamin got 15 on the bench but he’s not reliable. Even his high is only 16. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Why was Jordy Nelson out on the GW drive? @GwillMac6

guessing he got nicked up.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m surprised it wasnt announced 

joe buck just mentioned he was not out there that last drive and the training staff was looking at him. He had his helmet on though.

14 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I think he meant KB was hurt all last season. Which he was.

Link it. I see he had a sprained knee in week 5 and a back contusion in 12 but otherwise, started 13 games.

Every NFL player plays dinged up. Kelvin Bengamin was dinged up the past couple of weeks as well. Is the narrative next year going to be that he was hurt again? 

Edited by aujeff11

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Link it. I see he had a sprained knee in week 5 and a back contusion in 12 but otherwise, started 13 games.

Yikes, I guess he was so mediocre last year that I forgot it was actually 2015 when he missed the whole year.

• Like 1