NFL Thread

aujeff11

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. Should've been tossed. Winston too. Did you see what AJ green did in Jax game?

yep AJ usually low key but must be some history somewhere and Evans should have tossed

49 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Last play of the first half, Kansas City at Dallas. Creative

I saw it live. It was beautiful. It doesn’t seem to be all that unique of a play though. The cowboys first line of defense after the catch was well into FG range and all it took was a couple of blocks down the field. The Cowboys just gave up too much free ground in the beginning.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I saw it live. It was beautiful. It doesn’t seem to be all that unique of a play though. The cowboys first line of defense after the catch was well into FG range and all it took was a couple of blocks down the field. The Cowboys just gave up too much free ground in the beginning.

Looked like some kind of modified screen play....got the blockers down field ahead of the runner and he was smart enough to stay behind them and let the play develop which was pretty easy since there was basically no one chasing from behind.  Cool play...thanks for the video. 

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

Looked like some kind of modified screen play....got the blockers down field ahead of the runner and he was smart enough to stay behind them and let the play develop which was pretty easy since there was basically no one chasing from behind.  Cool play...thanks for the video. 

I just don’t know why the defense played so far back. The play started on the Chiefs own 43 and Hill didn’t meet the first defender until the 22 yard line, two yards from the redone... That’s 35 free yards basically to get momemntum going. The defense has to get after him way before that. Hill wouldn’t even be tackled if they were playing two hand touch.

@NolaAuTiger

How bout them ‘aints! Their offense is looking very impressive and once again, picking up Kamara in free agency is makin me look like a very smart man. Very very impressive. That’s on top of Ingram still getting his 75 plus yards per game. 

Edited by aujeff11

44 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I just don’t know why the defense played so far back. The play started on the Chiefs own 43 and Hill didn’t meet the first defender until the 22 yard line, two yards from the redone... That’s 35 free yards basically to get momemntum going. The defense has to get after him way before that. Hill wouldn’t even be tackled if they were playing two hand touch.

Looking for the Hail Mary I guess and the old adage about keeping the ball in front of you. 

Sometimes no matter what kind of mouse trap you have,  a smarter mouse shows up and comes up with a different approach. 

Edited by AU64

My wife and I stayed in Atlanta for the weekend for our anniversary and went to the Cowboys v Falcons game. The Falcons fans are equally as obnoxious as the leg humpers. Probably mostly the same group. I hate everything Atlanta sports teams. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday ticket free for the rest if the season. This Bills game is hilarious. Brr. 

Old man Jordan Stewart has 8 carries 86 yards, and 2 TDs against the Vikings. Pretty good to be against the Vikings huh?

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Old man Jordan Stewart has 8 carries 86 yards, and 2 TDs against the Vikings. Pretty good to be against the Vikings huh?

Just eclipsed 100. Panthers retake the lead with a Stewart TD with under 2 to go. 

Who the **** cleared this guy to go back out? They should be fired immediately. Gets hammered and displays a textbook fencing response. Obviously concussed. 

• Like 1

The Eagles are impressive. They don’t even hesitate to go for it on 4th and 1 in field goal range. 

The scouts got it right with both Wentz and Goff it seems.  Gurley is on my fantasy league and sadly he will be way underused this game as Wentz is raining down points on the Rams defense. 

The play in question didn’t look conducive to ACL injuries but we will see. 

Edited by aujeff11

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

well that sucks for eagles

In a better position than most. Foles is a good backup.

16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The play in question didn’t look conducive to ACL injuries but we will see. 

Wentz is officially gone for the season according to HC Peterson. 

I think Foles is the best backup but there will be a drop off. Eagles won’t be the favorite any more. I think the Panthers and Vikings can beat that ass now.

Edited by aujeff11

That city is truly cursed when it comes to football. They will never be in a position like this again to get home field for the playoffs and finally win a super bowl.

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Wentz is officially gone for the season according to HC Peterson. 

I think Foles is the best backup but there will be a drop off. Eagles won’t be the favorite any more. I think the Panthers and Vikings can beat that ass now.

Do not forget the packers if A Rod gets cleared today and they can sneak their way in by RUNNING THE TABLE the rest of the regular season. DANGEROUS!!!! lol. 

• Love 1

Rex Burkhead finds new life as an NFL Running Back with the Patriots. The Patriots make use of all their RBs. They seemingly bring in new ones each year. I wish Malzahn would bring in Josh McDaniels to teach Auburn some of the Pats offensive philosophy.

Edited by aufan57

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Do not forget the packers if A Rod gets cleared today and they can sneak their way in by RUNNING THE TABLE the rest of the regular season. DANGEROUS!!!! lol. 

Not allowing myself to get my hopes up too much but that would be something if they make it. ?

• Thanks 1