It Only Gets Worse for Hillary and the DNC

Proud Tiger

Just now, homersapien said:

Trump has a long history of stiffing people.  People get hurt in bankruptcies, but not Trump.  

Very risky business. Trump kept head own head above water. What's your point? You sure wouldn't think much of people on Wall Street. But then again, that's why big business isn't for everyone

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Very risky business. Trump kept head own head above water. What's your point? You sure wouldn't think much of people on Wall Street. But then again, that's why big business isn't for everyone

Being a successful businessman does not require structuring things to consistently screw over those in business with you.

Being legal and being ethical are not the same thing.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Being a successful businessman does not require structuring things to consistently screw over those in business with you.

Being legal and being ethical are not the same thing.

Some of his ventures took off, some struggled. He structured his ventures in ways that would protect him. A primary objective of the business formation lawyer is to keep client shielded, to best extent possible, whether that be corporation or natural person, from liability. 

Being legal and being legally ethical go hand in hand

Some of his ventures took off, some struggled. He structured his ventures in ways that would protect him. A primary objective of the business formation lawyer is to keep client shielded, to best extent possible, whether that be corporation or natural person, from liability. 

They consistently protected him even if that meant causing others to go out of business.  That's not a person you want to get into business with.

They can.  They should.  They frequently do not.

Yeah, that's something Roy Cohn taught Trump.  :laugh:

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He kept his head above water on the backs of people he drowned.

Your attitude reflects one of the moral problems that afflicts this country.  

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

They consistently protected him even if that meant causing others to go out of business.  That's not a person you want to get into business with.

They can.  They should.  They frequently do not.

I also don't want to go into business w/ someone who doesn't cover their own butt. Then again, I've always believed its better to go in alone if you can. 

I also don't want to go into business w/ someone who doesn't cover their own butt.

If their method of covering their own butt consistently means sticking everyone else with the bill, I don't want to go into business with them.

Just now, homersapien said:

He kept his head above water on the backs of people he drowned.

Your attitude reflects one of the moral problems that afflicts this country.  

What an eloquent picture Homer.

Then make a personal attack. That's the standard these days. Keeping it classy

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

If their method of covering their own butt consistently means sticking everyone else with the bill, I don't want to go into business with them.

Which is your right, Titan. Some see it as sound business decision, some see it as cruel. Big business often appears cruel to outsiders

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What an eloquent picture Homer.

Then make a personal attack. That's the standard these days. Keeping it classy

That wasn't a personal attack.  It was an objective statement regarding your attitude about morality in business.  In this country, far too many people are willing to believe that might (money) makes "right".

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Which is your right, Titan. Some see it as sound business decision, some see it as cruel. Big business often appears cruel to outsiders

I think part of the problem is that we've swallowed the philosophy that the only obligation business has is to make money.  And that is never how it was supposed to be, and capitalism cannot survive long term if that is how everyone operates.  It will cannibalize itself.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

And sometimes big business is cruel and immoral.  It all depends who is in charge.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That wasn't a personal attack.  It was an objective statement regarding your attitude about morality in business.  In this country, far too many people are willing to believe that might (money) makes "right".

It's not my attitude, it's the way things are. Part of big business competency is knowing that it can be cut-throat and risky. Doesn't mean its immoral. Could mean you need to always cover your butt and have a detached eye. 

It's not my attitude, it's the way things are. Part of big business competency is knowing that it can be cut-throat and risky. Doesn't mean its immoral. Could mean you need to always cover your butt and have a detached eye. 

You are using "the way things are" to excuse Trump's behavior. 

That's indistinguishable from displaying your own attitude in my mind.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are using "the way things are" to excuse Trump's behavior. 

That's indistinguishable from displaying your own attitude in my mind.

You would prefer a business partner who doesn't cover own butt, because doing so would be immoral. Seems logical

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You would prefer a business partner who doesn't cover own butt, because doing so would be immoral. Seems logical

That's the sort of weaseling response that will sooner or later prompt me to ignore you.

There is no conflict between "covering your own butt" and acting morally.  At least to moral people.

6 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I mean employees. Do you understand that concept? Someone starts a business, people work there... thus, jobs created. For example, I stayed in Trump Hotel. People worked there. Those people are called employees. 

He didn't create those as POTUS. 

And doesn't he have illegals working for him? 

6 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

He didn't create those as POTUS. 

And doesn't he have illegals working for him? 

Unemployment is down Elle. Surely that infers SOMETHING

And the Wall will create jobs as well ;)

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Unemployment is down Elle. Surely that infers SOMETHING

And the Wall will create jobs as well ;)

But that is because of Barry and not President Trump is it not? Good stuff NOLA. New on the board and Homer already threatening to "ignore" you. he tells all of that so don't worry, especially if he has missed his nap or did not get his meds.

he is really ok;)

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

But that is because of Barry and not President Trump is it not? Good stuff NOLA. New on the board and Homer already threatening to "ignore" you. he tells all of that so don't worry, especially if he has missed his nap or did not get his meds.

he is really ok;)

For some reason, I predict that might not be a bad deal!

Archived