End could be near for Jacobs

GwillMac6

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Click-bait.  Lame.

That is not click bait in the least. When P marsh speaks and sticks his neck out you listen. He is as plugged in as any AU reporter. Are you serious right now?

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

GWM is my hero again tonight.  

DR. Steven Leath is all of our heroes. Proving once again all heroes do not wear capes.

It's click-bait because it's a tweet linking to an article behind a pay-wall, and said article is something everyone has known about for a month+ now...

And the fact that you titled your post as such... well it's kind of click-bait for you as well.  Sorry, those are my opinions.

EDIT: The title has since been changed to be less click-baity; thank you, Moderator.

1 minute ago, MCPeePants said:

It's click-bait because it's a tweet linking to an article behind a pay-wall, and said article is something everyone has known about for a month+ now...

And the fact that you titled your post as such... well it's kind of click-bait for you as well.  Sorry, those are my opinions.

lol so you want me to break the rules of this forum and post the whole article of something that is behind a pay wall just for your benefit? Yah people have known for months but the jay jacobs fired/retired rumors has been around for years. It is the boy cried wolf pertaining to Auburn. When a guy is going on the record saying he will be gone.... UM YAH def not click bait.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol so you want me to break the rules of this forum and post the whole article of something that is behind a pay wall just for your benefit? Yah people have known for months but the jay jacobs fired/retired rumors has been around for years. It is the boy cried wolf pertaining to Auburn. When a guy is going on the record saying he will be gone.... UM YAH def not click bait.

Nobody said a word about you breaking the rules of this forum and posting the whole article.

Keep crying wolf, bro.  Get that attention you seem to think you deserve.

Just now, MCPeePants said:

Nobody said a word about you breaking the rules of this forum and posting the whole article.

Keep crying wolf, bro.  Get that attention you seem to think you deserve.

so please tell me in your mind. how this would NOT be click bait in your eyes? I would just love to hear this rationale.

Thanks for posting . Could Gus run a better football program with a AD he actually likes and communicates with? Who knows this could be the shot in the arm the athletic department needs 

I don't see it as click bait because Phillip's reputation is he doesn't go to print with something unless he believes his source is righteous and/or another source is in agreement. However, from time to time, over the years, he has been taken advantage of by those who he trusts and given misinformation. This could well be one of those times, but I opine that Phillip doesn't believe at this time that is the case. Just sayin'.

4 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Tuberville for AD!

Personally would rather a current AD or someone along the lines of Scott Ethridge who has ran large companies. We need someone to run an efficient and tight ship and not all this “Auburn fit” stuff. We need the best guy for the job be it someone who has ties to the program or not. 

9 minutes ago, warhogone said:

I don't see it as click bait because Phillip's reputation is he doesn't go to print with something unless he believes his source is righteous and/or another source is in agreement. However, from time to time, over the years, he has been taken advantage of by those who he trusts and given misinformation. This could well be one of those times, but I opine that Phillip doesn't believe at this time that is the case. Just sayin'.

The thread title has been changed. Don’t know if you saw the original one or not. The current one isn’t click bait.

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Thanks for posting . Could Gus run a better football program with a AD he actually likes and communicates with? Who knows this could be the shot in the arm the athletic department needs 

Maybe some place else because he is also gone at the end of the year or sooner.

1 hour ago, warhogone said:

I would wager that PM is close enough to JJ that if he prints this , he knows.

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I do not think Jacobs had anything to do with Gus' gameplan for Clemson 2016, Gus' tendencies, or things like the LSU game.

It's always "when" and not "if" in that line of work.  Not many coaches or ADs seem to hold onto their jobs for very long these days.  

Meanwhile,  JJ is about the last of the old breed.....a guy who is up from the ranks at his own school and has survived numerous coaching changes other problems....and yet has not been a victim of a successful coup d'etat from inside or outside. .   

I'm guessing the next guy will not have AU connections.

Archived