End could be near for Jacobs

GwillMac6

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

first, you have no clue if its 90%, 80%, or even 50/50...it's just that a guess.

And to JJ, his inner circle of fans, alumni, peers, and PTB are the ones he is associating with, and they either support him because he has done things for them, or they see what he has done right, and to hell with the bad stuff surrounding him. That's normal for a high level position, who is shielded. JJ doesnt want to hear that much from those that want him gone.

Go out and ask 10 AU alums what they think about JJ and get back to me.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1856 said:

Chances are better than average that the 10 AU alums that people on this board know will be NO WHERE CLOSE to the alums and boosters that JJ is concerned about.  Sure the average alum may not care for him, but the ones with lots of money & lots of influence have a different opinion of JJ.  With that said, I don't think he is back next year because I think he has more than enough baggage around the sports programs to push him out.

6 minutes ago, 1856 said:

lol. Sorry, that's a very small sample.)) Let's try 11 (in case we need to break a tie). :)

While I am one of those that feel we need a change, I really feel there are those up there and in power who still come out and support him. If it was 90%, there would not be all this indecision and wishy/washy comments coming out both ways. 

I'm hoping its more of a decision as to WHEN to announce the change, and not IF...

Auburn Athletics as a whole has a black eye with the multiple off-the-field issues and numerous investigations.  And to be honest AU is bottom of the barrel when compared to the rest of the SEC in the Big 3 Men's programs over the last 10-11 years.  

I can't imagine President Leath is pleased or happy with the things he's been forced to address since he came on board in mid-July.  He has to think the AD needs a cleansing purge immediately, and I don't mean just flushing the head turd.

4 hours ago, keesler said:

Why is Phillip Marshall back stroking now?  A week ago he was emphatic that it was a done deal, JJ was gone and all that was left was the official announcement.

NOW he insinuates that AU just needs to make a decision on JJ and go with it?

One week it's a done deal and the next week decisions still need to be made?  What the hell Marshall?

Again, this is why many of us are in the camp, we will believe it, when we see it!

And oh by the way, the Auburn/Under Armour shoe and apparel deal?  The $10 Million Auburn got in stock is now worth less than 25% of that....

Under Armour’s terrible year just got worse

Americans, it seems, are over Under Armour.

The onetime darling of the athletic wear industry on Tuesday announced that sales are down for the first time since 2005, even as it makes an aggressive push to expand into mainstream chains like DSW, Kohl’s and Famous Footwear. The news sent shares of the company’s stock tumbling nearly 19 percent Tuesday.

“This is an abrupt about-turn for a company that, until recently, was on a mission to challenge the might of Nike,” Neil Saunders, managing director of the analytical firm GlobalData Retail, said in an email. “Under Armour has become just another brand in a sea of brands.”

Meanwhile Jacobs pitches his great idea for another "cool" big screen TV for the north end zone next week...because the BoT told him how poorly thought through the last north end zone renovation iteration was.  Maybe we'll get more funnel cake kiosks.  Good grief.

Rendering of proposed new videoboard in the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium. Auburn's board of trustees will hear a final proposal for the videoboard and other projects during its Nov. 10 meeting.

Rendering of proposed new videoboard in the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium. Auburn's board of trustees will hear a final proposal for the videoboard and other projects during its Nov. 10 meeting.(Auburn University)

7 hours ago, keesler said:

Why is Phillip Marshall back stroking now?  A week ago he was emphatic that it was a done deal, JJ was gone and all that was left was the official announcement.

NOW he insinuates that AU just needs to make a decision on JJ and go with it?

One week it's a done deal and the next week decisions still need to be made?  What the hell Marshall?

I don’t think he was backstroking. I think what has been said from High up is it is a done deal. JJ is wheeling trying to push it back in hopes he can get enough support to stay. To some degree JJ is just flipping off Auburn because he is mad.

19 hours ago, DAG said:

This seems simple enough . Fire him and be freaking done with it . My goodness 

I agree but Leath is the new kid on the block and is doing his best to be nice about it . Would be nice if JJ would just grow up and take his medicine. AD department is a cluster right now. He needs to realize Leath doesn’t have any choice for the good of AU Jacobs  needs to be gone and new blood brought in.

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Meanwhile Jacobs pitches his great idea for another "cool" big screen TV for the north end zone next week...because the BoT told him how poorly thought through the last north end zone renovation iteration was.  Maybe we'll get more funnel cake kiosks.  Good grief.

Rendering of proposed new videoboard in the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium. Auburn's board of trustees will hear a final proposal for the videoboard and other projects during its Nov. 10 meeting.

Rendering of proposed new videoboard in the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium. Auburn's board of trustees will hear a final proposal for the videoboard and other projects during its Nov. 10 meeting.(Auburn University)

Surely, the BOT will not approve something like this from a lame duck AD. There's already a one corner end-zone addition that will have to be worked into future plans.

If it means the NCAA has to slam Auburn for something to get Jacobs out of there, then so be it. Jay is a cancer on the Athletic Department.

16 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Auburn continues to go into a downward spiral... Can't wait for this to end.

If they are planning on trashing the NEZ scoreboard, I wonder if they'd let me have it?

23 hours ago, steeleagle said:

lol. Sorry, that's a very small sample.)) Let's try 11 (in case we need to break a tie). :)

While I am one of those that feel we need a change, I really feel there are those up there and in power who still come out and support him. If it was 90%, there would not be all this indecision and wishy/washy comments coming out both ways. 

I'm hoping its more of a decision as to WHEN to announce the change, and not IF...

I just don't understand the support from the higher ups for him...

I originally thought that it was a WHEN and not IF situation, but from what I am hearing, JJ isn't going down without a fight and it could get a lot nastier for us when he fights...

Jacobs has some nerve to throw this shart up to the BOT while his ass is in a sling and his job is in jeopardy.

He used "College's Largest Video Board" as a diversion tactic after the 2014 football season where AU lost 4 of its last 5 freaking games including a bowl loss to Wisky.  AU pumped sunshine all over the place to distract any negativity away from a poor '14 season while pumping Jeremy Johnson's promising future as a Heisman candidate for the upcoming '15 season and JJ advertising the "AubieTron" would "improve the game day experience."    

2015 rolls around and the new and improved game day experience allowed AU fans to view the AubieTron first hand along with losses to freaking MSU/OleMiss/UGA/UAT  in the process of finishing dead last in the division with our asses in Legion Field for the bowl game. :banghead:

Football fans are PISSED in early 2016 and JJ knows it, so he sheepishly decides to announce Gus Malzhan's contract extension while AU softball participates in the softball world series. :angry:

Now the goober has the balls to try another Jumbotron diversion tactic?  WTF?

Archived