End could be near for Jacobs

GwillMac6

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Serious was JJ a bully during his time at Auburn. Man some of u really seem to dislike him on a personal level vs a professional one.

An appearance of self preservation above AU will do that.

30 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Serious was JJ a bully during his time at Auburn. Man some of u really seem to dislike him on a personal level vs a professional one.

I’m ready for a change in the AD, but I would venture to say that most of the people that complain the most about JJ never attended Auburn, don’t attend games and have never had any type of interaction with him. Our fan base seems to always pile on anything that seems negative about our University.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is as plugged in as any AU reporter. Are you serious right now?

Your joking, right?

Phillip is JJ's mouthpiece for public affairs. He gets little to nothing from the rest of the AD.

5 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I’m ready for a change in the AD, but I would venture to say that most of the people that complain the most about JJ never attended Auburn, don’t attend games and have never had any type of interaction with him. Our fan base seems to always pile on anything that seems negative about our University.

This AU grad wants him gone... Yesterday!

3 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I don't know about that. Most Auburn fans I met before I attended and graduated from Auburn were Auburn grads or university employees. The ones who weren't just had great taste in football teams.

I've had some interaction with JJ as a student, and I'll keep my reasons for disliking him to myself as I don't want to spread even more negativity about him. But I will say this: He is a Grade A buffoon. 

My criticism is purely professional. He is a parasite to the university that is, has been, and always will be lost in his job as AD.

Just now, bigbird said:

Your joking, right?

Phillip is JJ's mouthpiece for public affairs. He gets little to nothing from the rest of the AD.

P marsh is usually a big time sunshine pumper guy in the narrative he crafts in his columns. He always beats around the bush when people push him for concrete answers and takes on things. Clearly he is being fed something by people at AU for him to actually stick his neck out like this and be confident to say JJ is done and is just a matter of the timing of the announcement. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

P marsh is usually a big time sunshine pumper guy in the narrative he crafts in his columns. He always beats around the bush when people push him for concrete answers and takes on things. Clearly he is being fed something by people at AU for him to actually stick his neck out like this and be confident to say JJ is done and is just a matter of the timing of the announcement. 

Its not a stretch for him. Bears typically know when spawning season is over. His stream is drying up.

2 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Tuberville for AD!

How about Tubs and Jimbo as Co-ADs? When fans complained, they would both tell them to go get jobs.;D

I keep seeing Tuberville pop up in various locations about the AD. Is it an on-going joke or are people serious? If for real, in what way does Tubs qualify?

People always want Auburn to move past the inside good ol boy politics, yet always want someone associated with the program of the past to be put back into a prominent position.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I do not think Jacobs had anything to do with Gus' gameplan for Clemson 2016, Gus' tendencies, or things like the LSU game.

Unless Gus just hates being at AU with the current AD and is trying to get fired to get his big payday.PS not taking up for Gus one bit, it's just the only thing I could come up with.

2 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

I keep seeing Tuberville pop up in various locations about the AD. Is it an on-going joke or are people serious? If for real, in what way does Tubs qualify?

Well, people thought he was qualified to at least consider running for governor of Alabama.  AD could suit him if this article is accurate.

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Unless Gus just hates being at AU with the current AD and is trying to get fired to get his big payday.PS not taking up for Gus one bit, it's just the only thing I could come up with.

If Gus was tired of being AU’s coach, he could come up with some death threats like the U of F coach has.

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

PM beats around the bush because he has no concrete facts, only rumors.

PM doesn't have to be fed anything.  Is it really sticking your neck out when any logical person can surmise that Jacobs is on his way out?

No Athletic Director should be retained when 35% of his sports programs are under some type of freaking investigation.  Sewerage leaks out of this AD on a monthly basis, some substantiated some not - but he optics are really BAD right now. 

Softball/baseball/T&F/basketball/football have been in the media to some degree with negative headlines within the past 12-18 months.   A brand new President with no long time loyalties to the AU brass walked into a hornets nest 3 months ago and has been slapped up side the head with shart from the AD since day one. 

This definitely means Gus will be protected at least until we hire a new AD. The last thing we want is a fired coach with no A.D. No one will want to coach here under those conditions. Hopefully they already know who they want to hire for a new A.D. 

9 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

This definitely means Gus will be protected at least until we hire a new AD. The last thing we want is a fired coach with no A.D. No one will want to coach here under those conditions. Hopefully they already know who they want to hire for a new A.D. 

Yep - And a brand new President coupled with a brand new Athletic Director won't be willing to can the highest paid/highest profile Coach on staff (with a hefty buy-out) when they have zero background knowledge about him or who his successor should be.

My question is, why wait?  The reports are out there that he’s going to get fired.  Why not just go ahead and do it?  What is he doing right now anyway?  With all of these reports out there about his job, do you really think employees respect him?   How can he get anything done?  Meanwhile, he’s still on the payroll...

39 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Gus may hate being at Auburn because of Jacobs, and no one can really answer that.  That said, sandbagging in order to get fired would be committing career suicide.  No program would hire a coach that intentionally sabotaged another program because he was unhappy.  There are obviously things that go on behind the scenes, but all the evidence I have seen indicates that Gus has had relative freedom to do what he wants with Auburn football.  If nothing else, look at his assistant hires; they are quite clearly people he wanted.

1 hour ago, smackydoodle said:

People always want Auburn to move past the inside good ol boy politics, yet always want someone associated with the program of the past to be put back into a prominent position.

I don’t think head coaches coaches  active or former can be considered as ADs anymore.  That used to be the norm 40 or 30 years ago.   The AD job is so much different now and requires experience in that area  and at smaller schools before a person can be an AD at a major school.  I do think some experience as an assistant coach is needed, but not many years of it.   Learning to manage  athletic programs,  fund raising,  facility planning, personnel administration,  NCAA compliance, Title IX, etc. requires years of experience as an administrator in the AD department. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

That scenario kept Saban from going to UT Austin,  so it is claimed   The rest has been a disaster for Texas football 

The article quotes the differences between Auburn and UAT AD depts for senior staff and their salaries.   Something is out of wack if Auburn is spending 50% more on salaries.  Unless UAT just puts the extra money all on the football program 

Archived