End could be near for Jacobs

GwillMac6

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Really? Your goal is to be in better shape than 3/4 of the teams in the WEAKEST the sec has been in years? Not terrible? I dunno about you but that is not even close to where I want this program to be and not close to where we should be as a program with all the talent we have accumulated. You are settling. Why? Auburn is the biggest sleeping giant in college football. If we just get our s&*t together and stop this underdog mentality so many of the admin and fans have we can be the hunted instead of the hunter and be a consistent top 10 team every year winning 10 games.  If Gus continues to be the coach we will continue to look great against the sec bottom feeders and also continue to lose every year to our biggest rivals. WE ARE AUBURN we are a really good to great program and we can and need to do better than Gus. Everything is in place for us to have sustained greatness. Just have to find the coach to get us there. Gus is not that. We know what we have in gus. A 7-5 and 8-4 coach. AU needs to stop settling get off our butts and quit falling behind as our 2 biggest rivals are on a collision course to be undefeated in the sec title game. Georgia took a big chance firing richt after a 10 win season and it is paying off in recruiting and on the field. Not terrible is a attitude that is simply unacceptable.

I'm curious as to who you would like to see as our next head coach?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jluvah said:

I'm curious as to who you would like to see as our next head coach?

My avi.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

we-find-its-always-better-to-fire-people

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Besides annoy Golf?

2014officespace11.gif

57 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If it were Tubs, I might throw myself off of a bridge.

If it were Tuberville, I would push you off the bridge before jumping myself.  Nothing personal, you would just be in the way.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Didn’t say he was great.  Auburn is in better shape than 3/4 of the teams in the SEC.  That’s not terrible.

I'm with you man. I'm ready for gus to be gone and all but I'm level headed enough to recognize he's done some good stuff here. Terrible would be if he was losing to the cup cakes. 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'm with you man. I'm ready for gus to be gone and all but I'm level headed enough to recognize he's done some good stuff here. Terrible would be if he was losing to the cup cakes. 

Auburn is not in the business of just being ok because he is not losing to cupcakes. We measure ourselves against our 3 biggest rivals: Lsu, Georgia and Bama. He just lost to the worst LSU team talent wise imo since 99. The last time we beat lsu in death valley.

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

While we did not actually lose to a cupcake teams like JSU come to

mind. Had it not been for some very lucky circumstances last year it would have. Even our worse list ever as it is, it will go down as our worse win ever.

down as our worse  win ever

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn is not in the business of just being ok because he is not losing to cupcakes. We measure ourselves against our 3 biggest rivals: Lsu, Georgia and Bama. He just lost to the worst LSU team talent wise imo since 99. The last time we beat lsu in death valley.

I don't disagree with any of that. There's just a difference to me between ok and terrible. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

While we did not actually lose to a cupcake teams like JSU come to

mind. Had it not been for some very lucky circumstances last year it would have. Even our worse list ever as it is, it will go down as our worse win ever.

down as our worse  win ever

Still can't believe that coach didn't go for 2 instead of overtime. No way we stop them. Worse I've felt after a win since the 3-2 state game  ?

My final declaration:

Gus has already systematically lowered the expectations of the fan base if we think beating the likes of the SEC bottomfeeders is "good" or "ok" and always losing to teams like UGA without equal talent, Ed O and LSU playing 25 % freshman and bama annually "isn't the end of the world".  

folks, the worst era in modern Auburn football: Barfield; and he was 3rd in the SEC, 3 of his 5 years at Auburn!  

I don't expect to be in Atlanta every year.  I do expect to win half the games against our rivals and 80-90% of the games where we have more talent.  If not, we are losing b/c of coaching.  PERIOD!   Today we lose to every team that has equal or near equal talent and some that don't:  UGA last year, UGA 2015, UGA 2014, LSU 2017, Wisconsin 2015, Miss St 2014, TAMU 2014....you get my point.  We were favored in all.  I could dig up more I promise.

GWill is right, Auburn is a sleeping giant.

53 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I don't disagree with any of that. There's just a difference to me between ok and terrible. 

Still can't believe that coach didn't go for 2 instead of overtime. No way we stop them. Worse I've felt after a win since the 3-2 state game  ?

It’s a thin line . You start to be okay with that and slowly but surely , you start overlooking other things .

11 hours ago, DAG said:

It’s a thin line . You start to be okay with that and slowly but surely , you start overlooking other things .

There is a thin line between 'ok' and 'terrible'?  Is there also a thin line between 'ok' and 'great'?  Can you define great, ok, and terrible so I can understand the razor thin differences?  Maybe my eyes need the training LOL

2 hours ago, DunwoodyTiger said:

There is a thin line between 'ok' and 'terrible'?  Is there also a thin line between 'ok' and 'great'?  Can you define great, ok, and terrible so I can understand the razor thin differences?  Maybe my eyes need the training LOL

i know there seems to be a confusion on here that if you don't agree Gus is the worst coach ever then that means you want him to coach at AU for the rest of time. 

No one is saying ok is good enough for AU. No one is saying (atleast i'm not) that we are satisfied with Gus' record. Geez 

3 hours ago, DunwoodyTiger said:

Great- Consistently getting 9 wins or more. Minimal down season. A NC to multiple NCs.

Good- 8-9 win mark. More so 9 wins, however, Struggles to win the conference. Rarely makes an appearance in the NC, if any.

Ok - 6-8 wins. Barely any traction against quality opponents.

Terrible - 6 wins or below. Might win against a quality opponent if the stars align (Gus has already had 2 or 3 of those moments).

Oh, Welcome to AUFamily from your friendly neighbor,  Dag.  

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

JUST HEARD A RUMOR THAT JACOBS WAS AXED AND TUBERVILLE IS THE NEW AD!  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY NEWS AS  TO WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS TRUE?

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

JUST HEARD A RUMOR THAT JACOBS WAS AXED AND TUBERVILLE IS THE NEW AD!  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY NEWS AS  TO WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS TRUE?

I am generally a Tuberville fan, but he is not qualified to be our AD.  That would be such an AU thing to do though.  

wde

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

I want that to be the joke that it should be, and I hate that I cannot immediately dismiss it as such. 

Archived