AD Replacement Candidates (merged threads)

JFDTiger80

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a wild, way out of the box, thought...Jerry Jones Jr.

Jerry wants to pass the business over to Jr and this would give him a good job to cut his teeth on. He is exec VP of marketing and sales for the cowboys and could do a great job "rebranding" AU's image.

Doubt it would ever get a mention, but fun to kick it around and talk about.

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

What can go wrong?

We would know his first priority as AD.

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Resign and name Tuberville his successor?

Only after firing Gus, hiring Jimbo with that ridiculous buyout, and filling our schedule with 12 power-5 games a season. 

a lot of money at to right the sinking AU AD ship.  Strickland just showed a lot of intestinal fortitude for firing McElwain immediately when it was obvious that McElwain was not the answer for UF.  I understand that now is probably too late for AU to hire Strickland, but hopefully AU can hire someone with enough guts to do what Strickland just did.

wde 

I would say it was an easy decision and needed very little intestinal fortitude. In fact, McElwain did all the work. So please explain your position.

17 minutes ago, creed said:

I would say it was an easy decision and needed very little intestinal fortitude. In fact, McElwain did all the work. So please explain your position.

I would say that Gus has demonstrated to be a less accomplished of a coach the past two years compared to McElwain. McElwain did make it to the SECCG for two years in a row.  We will see what happens against UGA and spuat, but chances are Gus is going to be embarrased as has been the trend since 2013.  That trend is likely to continue going forward as long as Gus is HC.  Remember, according to Gus, losing to LSU the way we did is not the end of the world.

wde

• WarTiger changed the title to AD Replacement Candidates (merged threads)

Ya'll are assuming we are getting rid of JJ.  That is far from a done deal and I really doubt it is going to happen.   If it does I think Tubby would be a good choice.  

There's more fuel to the fire....

Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs’ attempt to intervene after two AU football players engaged in a raucous fistfight during a fraternity party over the third weekend in October is just the latest episode in a death spiral of controversy surrounding the beleaguered Jacobs.

Trouble arose when Jacobs hired an attorney to represent the two young men at a student disciplinary hearing. This led to a showdown between Jacobs and Auburn President Steven Leath.

According to a university official not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, Leath vetoed Jacobs’ decision to hire an attorney, which has only added to the existing tension between the administration and Jacobs. The Alabama Political Reporter learned that Leath informed the two student-athletes that if they felt they needed legal representation, then they would need to pay for it. According to APR’s source, Jacobs, who sought to pay for the attorney with athletic department funds, was acting contrary to school policy and acted beyond his authority as the athletic director.

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/10/30/ill-wind-blows-across-auburn-plains-jacobs-latest-actions/

13 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Who was in the fight ? 

Considering we were playing at Arkansas that weekend, doesn't seem to be anyone that was on the traveling squad.

30 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Considering we were playing at Arkansas that weekend, doesn't seem to be anyone that was on the traveling squad.

Or it could have been some of the starters that didn't travel because of injury

It's not the "who" that is the issue necessarily, it's the "what".  Surely our dumbass athletic director knows that he would be providing impermissible benefits by having the athletic department hire and pay for an attorney for said "whos".  Or no?  I guess the whole Lightfoot, Frankln & White on retainer deal is something Jacobs just doesn't get.

Archived