Georgia Recruiting

bmartin3228

3 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

It may not match tOSU but Kirby is serving up an arse whoopin to everyone in the SEC.  That class is unreal in OL talent and RB talent.  Whats even more amazing is what youth they have on the roster at positions that they are killing it at.  The RB recruiting is off the charts.

He's building a beast, learned it from the best I guess.

But how is he able to do it without the help, resources, and advantages of the REC? (SARCASM)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, keesler said:

He's building a beast, learned it from the best I guess.

But how is he able to do it without the help, resources, and advantages of the REC? (SARCASM)

That's easy... 11 of 16 are from Georgia. Georgia has a bumper crop of talent this year.  On the other hand, bama has a total of 1 recruit from Alabama.  Auburn has 5 and 3 of those are 3-star.  Georgia's only out of state pulls were from North Carolina, Tennessee, 2 from the same high school in Florida, and a 3-star from Oklahoma. The one he landed that I don't get is Zamir White. He could have gone anywhere.

Incidentally, Auburn also has the top athlete from GA, the #4 outside line backer and is in the running for 2&3, the #3 cornerback, and the #1 inside linebacker.

Georgia’s SEC competitors are in down years, UGA is a playoff team, and they lose 30+ seniors. Really was an aligning of the stars for Kirby this year.

Some if you don’t seem concerned; it’s expected becsuse they are a state school.  Well so is USCe and they can’t compete with Clemson.  My UGA friends say KS learned how to “cheat under the radar” at UAT.  We can put all kinds of reasons/excuses out there and stay asleep at the wheel.  But I had heard whispers about olemiss when they cleaned up and I suspect there are some underhanded things going on at UGA. “ They all cheat” is another response I get.  To those I say keep your head in the sand.  The rest if us understand that unless we make some coaching changes (Dell come home) we are going to fall behind a wall of red.

53 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Some if you don’t seem concerned; it’s expected becsuse they are a state school.  Well so is USCe and they can’t compete with Clemson.  My UGA friends say KS learned how to “cheat under the radar” at UAT.  We can put all kinds of reasons/excuses out there and stay asleep at the wheel.  But I had heard whispers about olemiss when they cleaned up and I suspect there are some underhanded things going on at UGA. “ They all cheat” is another response I get.  To those I say keep your head in the sand.  The rest if us understand that unless we make some coaching changes (Dell come home) we are going to fall behind a wall of red.

With all due respect, South Carolina (the state) does not have near the number of blue chip recruits that the state of Georgia has.  The Atlanta area is a hotbed of top-notch recruits.  I'm not saying Kirby isn't cheating, just that your comparison is flawed.

15 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's easy... 11 of 16 are from Georgia. Georgia has a bumper crop of talent this year.  On the other hand, bama has a total of 1 recruit from Alabama.  Auburn has 5 and 3 of those are 3-star.  Georgia's only out of state pulls were from North Carolina, Tennessee, 2 from the same high school in Florida, and a 3-star from Oklahoma. The one he landed that I don't get is Zamir White. He could have gone anywhere.

Incidentally, Auburn also has the top athlete from GA, the #4 outside line backer and is in the running for 2&3, the #3 cornerback, and the #1 inside linebacker.

Not so much a bumper crop in Georgia this year as Georgia has legitimately become one of the recruiting Super heavyweight states. They are arguably #2 this year behind Florida.

8 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

UGA is a playoff team,

Doesn't really have an impact on this class. I hate to steal a phrase from Triple H here but Kirby is just "that damn good" in terms of recruiting.

1 hour ago, mom2kid said:

they are a state school.  Well so is USCe and they can’t compete with Clemson.

With all due respect mom the 2 situations are not remotely comparable. Georgia has 41 4* or better recruits & South Carolina has 4. Even if UGA gets all theirs, which they have done, there is still talent to go around. It's a concern but we have to get what we can and grind away. Also as strong case can be made that Clemson is the state school athletically.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doesn't really have an impact on this class. I hate to steal a phrase from Triple H here but Kirby is just "that damn good" in terms of recruiting.

Normally I would agree but I think the impact of the abrupt 8-5 to 12-1 transition has played a factor.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With all due respect mom the 2 situations are not remotely comparable. Georgia has 41 4* or better recruits & South Carolina has 4. Even if UGA gets all theirs, which they have done, there is still talent to go around. It's a concern but we have to get what we can and grind away. Also as strong case can be made that Clemson is the state school athletically.

I agree with all this but the point is that Clemson is not the state school yet far above USCe.  So we shouldn't use the state school banner as an excuse for AU not to be as "worthy" as UAT or UGA.  I am just sounding the alarm; UGA is a huge concern with Kirby and we need to figure out how we best match their recruiting intensity or we will be playing every year for 3rd place in the SEC.  I think there are some coaching upgrades we need to make and I am definitely in the bring Dell home camp.

2 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

UGA is a huge concern with Kirby

He's a good recruiter but he was able to take advantage of several programs that are going through changes.  Tennesse, Florida, and FSU all have new coaches coming in, and they all had a bad year.  I don't think it'll be the new norm to see UGA grab six 5* players each recruiting cycle.  Once Tennesse, UF, and FSU get cranked up again we should see it level out more.

50 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Normally I would agree but I think the impact of the abrupt 8-5 to 12-1 transition has played a factor.

It doesn't. Relationships do.  A good number of his staff was already recruiting the area at their jobs before Kirby hired them. What it will allow Kirby to do if they continue to win big is go national like Bama has done for any recruits they may like better than some Georgia boys if he wants.

6 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

So we shouldn't use the state school banner as an excuse for AU not to be as "worthy" as UAT or UGA.

Not sure anyone on this board is doing that but reality is it's an obstacle. Clemson doesn't have the same obstacle in SCe because SCe for the most part have never been a major power nor have the tradition UGa does. Heck Clemson has a much better tradition than SCe.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It doesn't. Relationships do.  A good number of his staff was already recruiting the area at their jobs before Kirby hired them. What it will allow Kirby to do if they continue to win big is go national like Bama has done for any recruits they may like better than some Georgia boys if he wants.

It validates the sales pitch was my point. Makes kids buy in to the vision and makes them want to be a part of it. It is a factor.

Kirby to Auburn several years ago made a hell of a lot of sense due to his connections in Georgia.  He is a beast recruiting in that state and that was the case when he was at Alabama as well.  Why would anyone be surprised that he's cleaning up now that he's the HC at the state school in Georgia?

Kirby is a very good recruiter and going to continue to be a good to great coach. He has a superb personality and I can understand why kids would love to play for him.

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

Kirby is a very good recruiter and going to continue to be a good to great coach. He has a superb personality and I can understand why kids would love to play for him.

not gonna lie. that personality does not shine through ANY time I have seen him in interviews. He just seems weird to me. Dabo? O yah absolutely! I think he has the best personality of all the top coaches I have seen. I can easily see why he has become arguably THE elite recruiter in the business.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

not gonna lie. that personality does not shine through ANY time I have seen him in interviews. He just seems weird to me. Dabo? O yah absolutely! I think he has the best personality of all the top coaches I have seen. I can easily see why he has become arguably THE elite recruiter in the business.

He was absolutely respectable and gracious in victory post SEC championship 

Just now, DAG said:

He was absolutely respectable and gracious in victory post SEC championship 

gus is probaly one of the nicest, respectable and gracious coaches in the business and that has not got us anywhere down the stretch. I guess in living rooms kirby's great personality comes out and gus is well gus. not dynamic enough and kinda aloof. Regardless I HATE IT. it is bad enough we have to play a team as loaded as bama each year. Not we got bama jr to deal with talent wise.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

gus is probaly one of the nicest, respectable and gracious coaches in the business and that has not got us anywhere down the stretch. I guess in living rooms kirby's great personality comes out and gus is well gus. not dynamic enough and kinda aloof. Regardless I HATE IT. it is bad enough we have to play a team as loaded as bama each year. Not we got bama jr to deal with talent wise.

Lol chill. We don't even know if these guys are going to pan out. They're not going to just walk in and be able to compete in the SEC. it's all about player development 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Lol chill. We don't even know if these guys are going to pan out. They're not going to just walk in and be able to compete in the SEC. it's all about player development 

That is the thing not all of those guys have to. When you get as many highly rated guys as they do it all they need is for a handful of them to pan out.  I mean not all of them are going to be busts. Bama has plenty 4 and 5 stars who never see the field then transfer out and never realize their potential at bama. But that is because the cupboard is stocked full of guys who did pan out who are 4 and 5 stars. That is what kirby is building. We basically will have 2 bama's to deal with now with the way he is recruiting. Lets just say it is a lot harder to do what Wiscy is doing which is being the premiere player development program in the country. 4 and 5 stars are not exactly flocking there and they still win 10 games each year. They have no margin for error really when it comes to developing the players like bama and now georgia has because those 2 schools have the cupboard stocked to the brim.

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus wasn’t very gracious when we defeated UGA. Just saying. Not that I blame him. I like like how even keel Kirby Smart was even in their loss. He knew the journey wasn’t over and he kept preaching . Even when his team was talking trash on the pondium , he hushed them. I like how he went out of his way to thank the fans , and all the people of UGA as soon as he spoke. I just think he is a good character guy. Just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus wasn’t very gracious when we defeated UGA. Just saying. Not that I blame him. I like like how even keel Kirby Smart was even in their loss. He knew the journey wasn’t over and he kept preaching . Even when his team was talking trash on the pondium , he hushed them. I like how he went out of his way to thank the fans , and all the people of UGA as soon as he spoke. I just think he is a good character guy. Just my opinion. 

I mean he was telling his players they beat the dog crap out of them. I mean for a sec coach that is super pg and tame. It just is unfortunate it was picked up. lol really? that is the vibe you get from kirby? Never got that. He just seems slimy to me. Probaly because of the greasy bowl cut he has hahaha

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Eh, with all his negative recruiting tactics I think that he probably pretends to be someone he isn't. 

Archived