Georgia Recruiting

bmartin3228

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I agree with this thinking but first we have to establish ourselves as more of a pipeline to the NFL.

That strikes me as more myth than reality.  In 2017, AU was number 11 out of colleges with players on NFL opening day rosters.  Our Tigers send plenty to the next level.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-07/colleges-most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

That strikes me as more myth than reality.  In 2017, AU was number 11 out of colleges with players on NFL opening day rosters.  Our Tigers send plenty to the next level.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-07/colleges-most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters

Auburn players tend to have more longevity in the NFL than some other teams, but a large percentage make it as free agents, not on draft day. We need more 1st and 2nd rounders to turn kids heads.

UGA/Smart is bending Gus and many other coaches (including Saban) over in recruiting and demonstrating to be a coach that can adjust based on what happens on the field.  We should have hired Smart after the failed experiment that was Gene Chizik was exposed.  If only AU had not an idiot for an AD we could have prevented that.  But I know, we have Gus for a couple of more years as HC.

wde 

18 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Through free agency unfortunately.  

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

Through free agency unfortunately.  

agreed. If you are looking it just at pure numbers then SURE! we are close. BUT we have barely any true STARS we have put in the NFL recently besides cam. And his draft class was all the way back in 2011.

Man this is a star studded coaches clinic. Does Gus get anywhere close to these kind of names to come to ours?

vf.jpg

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man this is a star studded coaches clinic. Does Gus get anywhere close to these kind of names to come to ours?

vf.jpg

Good lord. Too bad they had to settle for Sean McVay- who just turned an offense featuring a certain former uga RB into a juggernaut- instead of Doug Pederson. 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

vf.jpg

Our offensive staff would be extremely confused if you brought NFL coaches in to do a clinic.  We must wait until spring break when the high school coaches can get away to come do ours lol.

Our offensive staff would be extremely confused if you brought NFL coaches in to do a clinic.  We must wait until spring break when the high school coaches can get away to come do ours lol.

OK I admit I got a great laugh out of this! Well done.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

OK I admit I got a great laugh out of this! Well done.

I like to laugh.  You can laugh or cry at this because depending on how you feel A) It's not a true statement but close or B ) It's pretty accurate.  Gus and Burns have only coached, played , and studied this offense.  NFL offenses probably would confuse them.

The one thing I wish Gus had on his resume is working under a few good coaches that run different types of offenses.  To me that is really the limiting factor for him becoming a great coach.  All of the good ones coached under some really good head coaches.

I like to laugh.  You can laugh or cry at this because depending on how you feel A) It's not a true statement but close or B ) It's pretty accurate.  Gus and Burns have only coached, played , and studied this offense.  NFL offenses probably would confuse them.

The one thing I wish Gus had on his resume is working under a few good coaches that run different types of offenses.  To me that is really the limiting factor for him becoming a great coach.  All of the good ones coached under some really good head coaches.

I agree. The list of coaches he has worked under is not impressive at all. He has no great coach he can pick up the phone and call for great advice. Not like he would anyways. He is to stubborn.

10 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree. The list of coaches he has worked under is not impressive at all. He has no great coach he can pick up the phone and call for great advice. Not like he would anyways. He is to stubborn.

Agree with you guys. I don't know if it will keep him from being a truly great coach, but I would love to know that he had more firsthand observation of how some other great ones do it. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree with you guys. I don't know if it will keep him from being a truly great coach, but I would love to know that he had more firsthand observation of how some other great ones do it. 

Nothing says greatness like Houston Nutt, Todd Graham and Eugene Chizik! lol Now if this was advice about  leather jackets man he would be all set up perfectly with gene! 

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nothing says greatness like Houston Nutt, Todd Graham and Eugene Chizik! lol Now if this was advice about  leather jackets man he would be all set up perfectly with gene! 

For real though, you look at that graphic up there, and see Dan Quinn who learned under Pete Carroll, and Sean McVay who learned under Jon Gruden and Mike Shanahan... pedigree matters sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For real though, you look at that graphic up there, and see Dan Quinn who learned under Pete Carroll, and Sean McVay who learned under Jon Gruden and Mike Shanahan... pedigree matters sometimes. 

Completely agree. Look at the Bill Parcells coaching tree. THE GOAT coaching tree. Belichik, Sean Payton and Tom Coughlin all served under him. Then you have self made great coaches like Urban Meyer and Dabo who did not learn from anyone that particularly great besides dabo for a cup of coffee with gene stallings but that is it. But those guys are rare. We have enough sample size to know Gus is NOT those 2 guys. He rose up the ranks to quickly honestly and we are paying the price for it with his inexperience and lack of great coaching mentors.

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Completely agree. Look at the Bill Parcells coaching tree. THE GOAT coaching tree. Belichik, Sean Payton and Tom Coughlin all served under him. Then you have self made great coaches like Urban Meyer and Dabo who did not learn from anyone that particularly great besides dabo for a cup of coffee with gene stallings but that is it. But those guys are rare. We have enough sample size to know Gus is NOT those 2 guys. He rose up the ranks to quickly honestly and we are paying the price for it with his inexperience and lack of great coaching mentors.

Yep. But maybe he'll get there. Like you and I have discussed before, his innate understanding of certain aspects of the job is uncanny. 

But, man, sometimes his instincts worry me.

Jesus mary and joseph Christ FRICK OFF kirby.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Gulp

l o l that sorry excuse for a division is going to have no chance from here on out. they will have a bye till the sec title game most years basically.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:43 AM, McLoofus said:

Yep. But maybe he'll get there. Like you and I have discussed before, his innate understanding of certain aspects of the job is uncanny. 

But, man, sometimes his instincts worry me.

I tell you what is impressive is the list of coaches Kevin Steele has worked under.  It is the who's who of great college coaches.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

l o l that sorry excuse for a division is going to have no chance from here on out. they will have a bye till the sec title game most years basically.

That's a BA move right there.  As soon as you know Quay ain't coming what do you do?  You go steal another 5* LB to take his spot.  That is on another level right there.  Most schools, us included, resort to a kid that just fits the need but is a much lower ranked kid.  Have I ever mentioned how bad I hate UGA.  IH8UGA with a passion.

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

That's a BA move right there.  As soon as you know Quay ain't coming what do you do?  You go steal another 5* LB to take his spot.  That is on another level right there.  Most schools, us included, resort to a kid that just fits the need but is a much lower ranked kid.  Have I ever mentioned how bad I hate UGA.  IH8UGA with a passion.

On the Rant they call Kirby a lesbian PE teacher. I must admit with the build and hair he looks like one. HOW IS HE RECRUITING LIKE THIS! It makes sense with urbs he is mr cool. He just oozes coolness and swag. Saban enough said. But kirby?! he looks like he does not shower and needs to lose 20 pounds and gets haircuts at the walmart lol. It truly will never make sense to me.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

On the Rant they call Kirby a lesbian PE teacher. I must admit with the build and hair he looks like one. HOW IS HE RECRUITING LIKE THIS! It makes sense with urbs he is mr cool. He just oozes coolness and swag. Saban enough said. But kirby?! he looks like he does not shower and needs to lose 20 pounds and gets haircuts at the walmart lol. It truly will never make sense to me.

Dude looks like a prison push and pull and he is tying every SEC Coach's hands to their ankles.  Their success is ruining my otherwise good day.  If I had a little more snowflake in me I could just be happy and sing Barney songs all day.  I'm just not built that way.

4 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Dude looks like a prison push and pull and he is tying every SEC Coach's hands to their ankles.  Their success is ruining my otherwise good day.  If I had a little more snowflake in me I could just be happy and sing Barney songs all day.  I'm just not built that way.

hahahaha same here fam!!! It is NOT just because of this year but I have always hated kirby more than saban. Especially when it was found out all those yearly charades and choreographed bama flips were kirby's doing and not saban. The evans grandfather birthday party was my boiling point. I HAAAAAAAAATE his guts! lol what he looks like makes it easy! lmao

Archived