Penn State at Ohio State

aufan57

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

This play by play guy is terrible. Hope I never have to hear him call another game

WOOOOOOOOO what you doing fam?!?!?!?!? Why you hating on the most fun play by play guy in the business?!?!?! This is literally the first time I have ever heard anyone not like Gus Johnson. I am shocked!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Ohio State is going all the way this year, just like a couple of years ago.  

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This play by play guy is terrible. Hope I never have to hear him call another game

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

I believe Ohio State is going all the way this year, just like a couple of years ago.  

elite staff. Schiano as DC and Kevin Wilson as OC is big time.

Why did the announcer suddenly stop at “The!!” Was he about to say “THE Ohio State” before he got pinched? 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Did JT Barrett just re-enter the Heisman race? 

Coming in to this game he had 1.8k yards, 21 tds and only 1 int so I would def say so! lol.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

elite staff. Schiano as DC and Kevin Wilson as OC is big time.

Speaking of coaches not cut out for the NFL...Schiano was an even bigger jerk to NFL players than Saban was.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Speaking of coaches not cut out for the NFL...Schiano was an even bigger jerk to NFL players than Saban was.

heck of a talent eval guy. Impressive group of guys who went to the NFL in his tenure at Rutgers. But yah his style does not work in the NFL AT ALL!

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOOOOOOOOO what you doing fam?!?!?!?!? Why you hating on the most fun play by play guy in the business?!?!?! This is literally the first time I have ever heard anyone not like Gus Johnson. I am shocked!!!!

As a guy that has done play by play and color for several years and eventually want to start my own podcast, this guy is annoying as hell. When I took sports  announcing at AU, these are the type of people we laughed/cringed at in class

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

As a guy that has done play by play and color for several years and eventually want to start my own podcast, this guy is annoying as hell. When I took sports  announcing at AU, these are the type of people we laughed/cringed at in class

hahaahaha mav come on!!!! This is the kind of stuff my younger generation wants to hear!!!! I love a guy who actually calls a play with some passion!!! Please no more boring Jim Nantz type!

Franklin looked lost in the 4th quarter and his team paid dearly for it. That was pathetic. Even Gus like.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

hahaahaha mav come on!!!! This is the kind of stuff my younger generation wants to hear!!!! I love a guy who actually calls a play with some passion!!! Please no more boring Jim Nantz type!

Like the announcer in the FSU vs GT game that screamed “what a time to be alive!!!” With a voice crack. I’m not even 30 yet lol. So calm down when talking about generations lol

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Whoa...Gus Johnson is one of the best to do it.

Like the announcer in the FSU vs GT game that screamed “what a time to be alive!!!” With a voice crack. I’m not even 30 yet lol. So calm down when talking about generations lol

hahaha I am 28 but you are coming off like a get off my lawn guy!!!! 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm an older guy and I like the emotion he has for the game.  Instructors won't tell you that.  Everything has to be prim and proper.  nahhh!  Excitement is good for keeping the interest of the viewer. 

hahaha I am 28 but you are coming off like a get off my lawn guy!!!! 

You’re older than me so hush about generation ahaha!

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I'm an older guy and I like the emotion he has for the game.  Instructors won't tell you that.  Everything has to be prim and proper.  nahhh!  Excitement is good for keeping the interest of the viewer. 

Excitement for one team in particular isn’t great either, btw I announced for several years before I took announcing at AU. I took it Bc it pertained to sports journalism

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Whoa...Gus Johnson is one of the best to do it.

Maybe Bc it was OSU, but I didn’t appreciate the orgasm every time the ball was snapped for OSU. Lol

Excitement for one team in particular isn’t great either 

True unless you are the play by play for that team.  I think Johnson does a good job of keeping his emotions impartial. He lets it flow with the game. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Maybe Bc it was OSU, but I didn’t appreciate the orgasm every time the ball was snapped for OSU. Lol

to be fair he does it for every team! He is not a traditional college football guy so he did not grow up with any bias towards any good college football team! lol.

Just now, around4ever said:

True unless you are the play by play for that team.  I think Johnson does a good job of keeping his emotions impartial. He lets it flow with the game. 

YES!!! He lets the excitement fly regardless of who the team is.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Haha, Unfortunately, that is how he is in every game. I might have to look up so Gus highlights for your annoyance now.

to be fair he does it for every team! He is a new york guy so he did not grow up with any bias towards any good college football team! lol.

I personally didn’t hear the same for PSU so it seemed like an announcer that wanted a certain team to win. As an announcer you want to sound objective, and show the passion for both teams. I heard the passion for OSU but not PSU

Just now, DAG said:

Haha, Unfortunately, that is how he is in every game. I might have to look up so Gus highlights for your annoyance now.

No Dag, I beg of you. Lol

Archived