No Excuse to not beat Texas A&M

doc4aday

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I understand your reasoning but isn't that the point of having a human committee? The reason they put in Ohio St. last year was because they passed the "eye test" meaning even though Penn St. beat them head to head and won the BIG 10 they still thought Ohio St. had better talent and was the better overall team. If we beat the number one and two team in the nation late in November and beat thuga again who will probably be around 7 at that point there is no way that the committee would leave us out. The strength of schedule and close loss to clemson would be in our favor too. JMO. 

Penn State had 2 losses, the Ohio state had 1 loss. A very close loss to Penn state @ Penn state. Penn State had a terrible blow out loss to UM, who tOSU beat and a loss to a unranked Pittsburgh squad. Even though, they did beat tOSU. That was their ultimate undoing. That Loss to LSU can potentially be our undoing. That is why I am saying do not assume just because we might win the SEC that we ABSOLUTELY will get in. We can argue we beat both UGA twice and Bama. But We also lost to LSU, who will drop 1 or 2 more games. IF it is someone like OU, They will argue that they lost to Iowa State, who also beat TCU, but they also had a great win at tOSU. Oh, and they only have 1 loss. There is a lot of variables between the two, which is why I am saying do not ASSUME, we will just get in if we run the tables without any help from the outside. This fanbase has a terrible time with that. Assuming we would run all over Clemson. Already got people assuming that UGA isn't all that cracked up to be.

I agree the committee would have a decision to make, but beating the #1 team once and the presumed #2 team twice, in a 3 week period....... I couldn't even imagine being passed by.

57 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Actually the playoff selection committe has jumped teams ahead of others in the past for big wins.  If we win out and win the SEC championship, we would have beaten 3 top 10 teams (Georgia, Alabama, and then Georgia again).

It is possible and with all of these teams losing today we will most likely sit at 15th.  That is 11 places we need to jump by winning out, with us guaranteed to be ahead of Alabama and Georgia if we beat them.

Not guaranteed to go to the playoff, but definitely doable.

Possibility and the assumption are two different things. I never said it wasn't a possibility. I am saying it is foolish to absolutely assume we will get in if we do somehow win out. The absolute way for us to get in was not LOSING to LSU. 

This is fun! As recently as 12 hours ago there were posts on here saying Auburn (Gus) couldn't beat A&M. I hope it's not those same people that are now saying "no excuses for a loss to A&M". Being a hater must get so confusing at times. Myself, I wouldn't know. I'll always pull for and respect the AU head coach. When his time here is over, I'll pull for the next guy.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Penn State had 2 losses, the Ohio state had 1 loss. A very close loss to Penn state @ Penn state. Penn State had a terrible blow out loss to UM, who tOSU beat and a loss to a unranked Pittsburgh squad. Even though, they did beat tOSU. That was their ultimate undoing. That Loss to LSU can potentially be our undoing. That is why I am saying do not assume just because we might win the SEC that we ABSOLUTELY will get in. We can argue we beat both UGA twice and Bama. But We also lost to LSU, who will drop 1 or 2 more games. IF it is someone like OU, They will argue that they lost to Iowa State, who also beat TCU, but they also had a great win at tOSU. Oh, and they only have 1 loss. There is a lot of variables between the two, which is why I am saying do not ASSUME, we will just get in if we run the tables without any help from the outside. This fanbase has a terrible time with that. Assuming we would run all over Clemson. Already got people assuming that UGA isn't all that cracked up to be.

And have we been blown out yet? And I don’t see LSU losing to anyone other than bammer. So we lose to the acc champ at their home by 8 and lose to a most likely ranked LSU team by 4 at the end of the season. I see the big 10, acc and big 12 getting someone in. I doubt the committee will put in a one loss pac 12 team over us. And sorry but I didn’t assume we’d run all over Clemson and realize we will have our hands full with uga and bammer. It’s gonna be unlikely we run the table but if we do yes I assume we get in because that’s my opinion. 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

And have we been blown out yet? And I don’t see LSU losing to anyone other than bammer. So we lose to the acc champ at their home by 8 and lose to a most likely ranked LSU team by 4 at the end of the season. I see the big 10, acc and big 12 getting someone in. I doubt the committee will put in a one loss pac 12 team over us. And sorry but I didn’t assume we’d run all over Clemson and realize we will have our hands full with uga and bammer. It’s gonna be unlikely we run the table but if we do yes I assume we get in because that’s my opinion. 

Did I say you? Pac 12 team? No. Oklahoma like I said though is a different story. And sorry, but I never said @tbone1430 said we would run all over Clemson. I said this fanbase, a general concept. Trust me, I have no problem being a meanie and directly calling folks out. That is your opinion you say? Cool. And it is of my opinion that such assumption is foolish. Guess what? At the end of the day, we will see which one of us was right.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Did I say you? Pac 12 team? No. Oklahoma like I said though is a different story. And sorry, but I never said @tbone1430 said we would run all over Clemson. I said this fanbase, a general concept. Trust me, I have no problem being a meanie and directly calling folks out. That is your opinion you say? Cool. And it is of my opinion that such assumption is foolish. Guess what? At the end of the day, we will see which one of us was right.

And I’m completely fine with that. I know you’re not calling me out just telling you what I’m thinking. To each his own. Either way gonna be slim chance of us running the table either way. Hope we do though. 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

And I’m completely fine with that. I know you’re not calling me out just telling you what I’m thinking. To each his own. Either way gonna be slim chance of us running the table either way. Hope we do though. 

That we can agree on.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is fun! As recently as 12 hours ago there were posts on here saying Auburn (Gus) couldn't beat A&M. I hope it's not those same people that are now saying "no excuses for a loss to A&M". Being a hater must get so confusing at times. Myself, I wouldn't know. I'll always pull for and respect the AU head coach. When his time here is over, I'll pull for the next guy.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Man I tell ya Mikey, you are so much more enlightened and evolved than us. You really are just a better person. Congrats sir. Now that you’ve achieved nirvana, I can’t imagine you would spend another second arguing with the rabble about football. Its been fun. Enjoy the peace you’ve so rightfully earned.  Namaste to you sir.

oh, and tell Gowebb we said hi, he has also apparently achieved the higher understanding 

Well with all these teams losing in front of us if we win this game at least the UGA game will look like a good matchup before the game starts and gustavo calls 16 straight runs up the middle. :beer2:

I don't think we'll need to concern ourselves with winning out. Georgia looks legit. They're like Bama, but wearing a lighter shade of red. It would take relentless effort and flawless execution of a stellar game plan by our coaching staff to beat them. I have faith in our players having relentless effort and flawlessly executing a game plan, but the game plan the coaches will call on them to execute is what I lack faith in.

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Disclaimer: we won't.

HOWEVER I just want to win the SEC cuz that would mean 2 wins over the Dawgs and denying Bama a shot of the Natty. 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Not the end of the world, Keesler.

Arthur Gustavo "Gus" Malzahn, III

Those words should be painful to say. I guess we are getting too use to saying that nowadays. I would offer that to get to where we should be by the 5th year, we don't blow games. The LSU lose will define our season....again.

We are not winning out so forget that.  Hopefully we can beat A&M and ULM and have some chance at winning one of the other two.  But we will not beat UGA, Bammer, then UGA again.  Ain't happening.  Every time we lose one like the LSU debacle the season is over, fire Gus now, Birmingham bowl, and on and on and on.  Then we blow out a horrible Arky team, have a week off and now all of a sudden we are running the table and getting in the playoff.  We have enough talent to win them all but, as this team has shown, it takes more than talent.  The likely scenerio is we beat A&M and ULM, lose to UGA and Bammer, and take an 8 - 4 record into a nice bowl game on New Year's Day.  If we can manage to beat UGA or Bammer we get an upgraded bowl and cause some chaos for the playoff committee folks.  That's where we are.  

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Mikey I guess I am not there yet. We are so unpredictable that you just don't know which AU team will show up. I will always pull for AU and the HC even in times like these, when I just don't think he is up to the job. Looking at our loses over the past two years it is apparent to me that we don't have the resume to get AU to consistently compete for the playoffs. Those loses either look like we are out of control on game day or over our heads playing a chess match with the other team. We may win a championship but I suspect it may be in-spite of our HC. After the ridiculous performances in loses last year, the LSU lose kinda broke my will to continue believing in this coaching staff. Hopefull I will be proven an idiot which will only confirm my wife's assertions.

7 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Man I tell ya Mikey, you are so much more enlightened and evolved than us. You really are just a better person. Congrats sir. Now that you’ve achieved nirvana, I can’t imagine you would spend another second arguing with the rabble about football. Its been fun. Enjoy the peace you’ve so rightfully earned.  Namaste to you sir.

oh, and tell Gowebb we said hi, he has also apparently achieved the higher understanding 

I'm one of the few sensible people that will still try to communicate with, or at lest comment on the haters. I could (but will not) name several rational members here who no longer post, or seldom post. The "better win this game or else" statements from people that are totally powerless do anything about a loss gets tiresome for some.

I come here primarily to read the analysis from Stat, Coarch and a few respected others. Many long time fans are checking those few out and then signing off. I guess I have a higher tolerance for crybabies than those who have gone into "read only, then move on" mode.

For those that watched the game last night between MSU and TAM and are so confident of us winning, I might remind you just two weeks before the LSU game MSU beat LSU 37-7 after we clobbered MSU then we went into LSU and got beat. So I wouldn’t put much faith in the game last night. Sumlin will be playing for his job.

AU should beat the Aggies handily, their defense didn’t look anywhere close to how they performed vs uat a couple of weeks ago.  That team is inconsistent.

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

AU should beat the Aggies handily, their defense didn’t look anywhere close to how they performed vs uat a couple of weeks ago.  That team is inconsistent.

I agree they should but our team has been inconsistent also. It all comes down to can Gus leave Chip alone and if Gus can help from shrinking back into his cowardly ways in a big game like this. He knows that if he loses the shoe will fall. 

18 to 22 year olds play differently each week.   You can’t judge how one team will play a game based on how they have played the previous week.   If Auburn’s defensive front can get pressure like MSU did, I believe AU will win.   As far as the next big two games, it will take better game planning and execution then we will have played all year

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm one of the few sensible people that will still try to communicate with, or at lest comment on the haters. I could (but will not) name several rational members here who no longer post, or seldom post. The "better win this game or else" statements from people that are totally powerless do anything about a loss gets tiresome for some.

I come here primarily to read the analysis from Stat, Coarch and a few respected others. Many long time fans are checking those few out and then signing off. I guess I have a higher tolerance for crybabies than those who have gone into "read only, then move on" mode.

You do realize thus is a message board right? People express frustration on message boards. If it were just one big sunshine pump then what would be the point? What does it matter what we say on here? Just because some fans say “we better win or else” on a MESSAGE BOARD why does that upset you? Our words on here have nothing to do with whether the team wins or loses or whether or not they fire a coach. If you or “those others who no longer post here” don’t like it then don’t come on the board. You’re not special because you can act high and mighty and preach about how “sensible “ you are on a MESSAGE BOARD. Basically you’re saying unless we come on here with sunshine and bells on and agree with your blind loyalty to a coach policy then we shouldn’t post? I disagree with your stance but you have every right to post it.  Because you know, ITS A MESSAGE BOARD. 

Archived