No Excuse to not beat Texas A&M

doc4aday

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Are you talking about TAMU or us?

ATM.  Our defense will get plenty of pressure just as much as MSU.   Chavis can’t get their D to execute consistently from week to week.  AU wins this one on the back of our D, and a relentless running game.  

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, keesler said:

ATM.  Our defense will get plenty of pressure just as much as MSU.   Chavis can’t get their D to execute consistently from week to week.  AU wins this one on the back of our D, and a relentless running game.  

Our defense has been good enough to win every game we have played and will play. Our problem is when Gus interferes with the offense. Then our offense starts giving up points with turnovers and repeated three and outs. 

IMHO, some of it is Gus’ interference and some of its Chip as well.  But against the Aggies, I think a really good defense with a heavy dose of reliable running can get a Win.  We will need solid execution on the lines and I think they step up big time after a week off to heal up and recharge.

We pretty much had this mindset going into the LSU game. After LSU lost to Troy on their home field, we were thinking there’s no way the streak of losses in Baton Rouge doesn’t come to an end. I’m hoping Gus doesn’t prove us wrong again.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

We pretty much had this mindset going into the LSU game. After LSU lost to Troy on their home field, we were thinking there’s no way the streak of losses in Baton Rouge doesn’t come to an end. I’m hoping Gus doesn’t prove us wrong again.

I literally hated seeing MSU win fairly handily last night...the same bad vibes I had after Troy won at LSU. Hope Gus proves me wrong on this one!

Watch us stomp A&M and get Sumlin fired. There COULD BE 4 or 5 SEC HC vacancies before we can even fire ours. Might as well keep Malzahn for another year.

We did say "NO EXCUSES" before the LSU game...& look what happened. Now A&M is the next "NO EXCUSES" game. Man, I'm just along for the ride now. All of my expectations went out the window a few weeks ago. Now, I'm just hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. 

29 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Watch us stomp A&M and get Sumlin fired. There COULD BE 4 or 5 SEC HC vacancies before we can even fire ours. Might as well keep Malzahn for another year.

No to tell you the truth I rather just fire Gus even if we lose 12 next year. At least we can stop this mad descent that we are presently experiencing with Gus driving, and start back rebuilding.

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No to tell you the truth I rather just fire Gus even if we lose 12 next year. At least we can stop this mad decent that we are presently experiencing with Gus driving, and start back rebuilding.

descent or decent?  I do think you meant descent like spiraling down a slope with no chance of getting a grip on the walls of the falls!

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

descent or decent?  I do think you meant descent like spiraling down a slope with no chance of getting a grip on the walls of the falls!

You are correct. Working from my phone with my fat fingers and failing eye sight. Old age is hell. ?

10 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No to tell you the truth I rather just fire Gus even if we lose 12 next year. At least we can stop this mad descent that we are presently experiencing with Gus driving, and start back rebuilding.

I disagree. If Tennessee, Arky, Florida, and TAM are searching for HC’s as well, it puts us at risk of not getting the coach that we want (I’m guessing Ole Miss stills wants a permanent coach as well or is Luke already the permanent coach?) Either way, we cannot be firing people just to be firing people without doing the necessary due diligence. We have to make sure we have contingencies in order once we pull the trigger. Why? Because I still think Malzahn is building something. He’s got some good offensive recruits committed( Joey Gatewood just called Malzahn “my guy” on Twitter,) and he’s got a great defense backing him right now. The status quo isn’t bad if the offense can get cleaned up. No need to get rid of the status quo if we don’t have any clue how the coaching dominoes will fall. 

Same as LSU. And about the same quality of opponent. To A&M, this is the "nothing to lose" game. The MSU blowout means nothing. The fact we are way heavey handed in this match-up also means almost nothing (for a certain unbelievable reason). Still- we should run them off the field.

As for UGA, they're awesome. But haven't they just been pounding the losers just like us? Our team is built better than any team since I don't know when. Imagine how the '17 Auburn tigers would approach UGA with such a head of steam, had we not.....ahem....laid a deuce at LSU.

No comment on the playoff situation whatsoever.

It is hard to get my hopes up for winning the rest of our games. We may even revert to the LSU gameplan. You never know with Gustard. He is probably still evaluating personnel. 

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

Same as LSU. And about the same quality of opponent. To A&M, this is the "nothing to lose" game. The MSU blowout means nothing. The fact we are way heavey handed in this match-up also means almost nothing (for a certain unbelievable reason). Still- we should run them off the field.

As for UGA, they're awesome. But haven't they just been pounding the losers just like us? Our team is built better than any team since I don't know when. Imagine how the '17 Auburn tigers would approach UGA with such a head of steam, had we not.....ahem....laid a deuce at LSU.

No comment on the playoff situation whatsoever.

No. They beat a top 5 ND team at south bend . We lose to every equally match opponent 

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

How about a decent won loss record in the 5th year....10-2. :nopityA:

8 hours ago, DAG said:

No. They beat a top 5 ND team at south bend . We lose to every equally match opponent 

When was the last time we actually beat a team that ended the season in the top 5? 2013?

This game mainly comes down to one thing.  A&M defense.  Gus does not do well against a good defense with a pulse.  If we run all long developing routes with no check down and A&M can stop the run and get pressure on #8 then they win.  If we can run the football and use the big play as a big play instead of an every down route then we win easy.

On 10/29/2017 at 7:04 AM, caleb1633 said:

I don't think we'll need to concern ourselves with winning out. Georgia looks legit. They're like Bama, but wearing a lighter shade of red. It would take relentless effort and flawless execution of a stellar game plan by our coaching staff to beat them. I have faith in our players having relentless effort and flawlessly executing a game plan, but the game plan the coaches will call on them to execute is what I lack faith in.

Uga would beat Bama today and it would not be close I don't think.  When you have an O-Line so good that you only complete 4 passes during the whole game you are dang good.  That Oline just destroys teams.  The backs get the credit but every back on their roster puts up big numbers and makes it look easy.  If Bama wants to beat Georgia then Hurts will need his best game to date passing.  I hate Georgia worse than any team but I see them wearing us down and winning big.

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Why? Because I still think Malzahn is building something. He’s got some good offensive recruits committed( Joey Gatewood just called Malzahn “my guy” on Twitter,) and he’s got a great defense backing him right now. The status quo isn’t bad if the offense can get cleaned up. No need to get rid of the status quo if we don’t have any clue how the coaching dominoes will fall. 

I agree with all of this. Gus needs to stay out of the way. If we score 60+ points who cares, let the kids play and let the coordinators do their job.  Gus needs to worry about winning championships and building the program.

1 hour ago, auskull said:

When was the last time we actually beat a team that ended the season in the top 5? 2013?

2013 for sure. That seems to be Gus’s saving grace 

Archived