No Excuse to not beat Texas A&M

doc4aday

man if we're even losing to them at any point I might turn the game off. Their passing game is several levels worse than the worst Auburn passing game in recent memory. They lived against Bama based off of one or two improvised busted throws and some busted runs. THats their entire offense. Busted plays. They shouldn't score 10 points on this defense, or at least the image of what this defense used to be 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Strychnine said:

If the other four conferences produce one loss champions, I can envision a one loss Alabama team that did not win the West watching the playoffs from home.  In that scenario, Alabama will have basically lost to the only good team they played.  One loss champions of the other four conferences will have all proven more than Alabama had, including winning another game that Alabama did not play.

In order to repeat what happened last year, Alabama would need at least one of the other conference champions to have two losses.

If Bama has only one loss, then they go if they beat UGA. If that loss was to AU, then they beat UGA in the championship. If that loss is to UGA, then UGA will probably go even if they lose to AU.

Against A&M, it all depends on which AU team shows up. I think our players play hard, what worries me is our game plan and adjustments throughout the game. I am not confident we win these coaching matches. We just cannot waste these opportunities like we did with LSU. LSU may surprise us and be a much improved team at the end of the season, however when we caught them we clearly had the better more experienced players. We were simply out-coached. The season and ultimately championships can ride on one game. Just a wasted game that contenders cannot afford to have. A&M is much the same.

18 hours ago, Strychnine said:

If the other four conferences produce one loss champions, I can envision a one loss Alabama team that did not win the West watching the playoffs from home.  In that scenario, Alabama will have basically lost to the only good team they played.  One loss champions of the other four conferences will have all proven more than Alabama had, including winning another game that Alabama did not play.

In order to repeat what happened last year, Alabama would need at least one of the other conference champions to have two losses.

I don't think you are taking in to consideration the amount of pull bama has with voters. 

Agreed we should win but aTm may give us a very hard time this weekend simply because over the last couple seasons our O lines have been frequently punked by defenses sporting multiple QB sacking machines - like aTm's right now. Hopefully Herb won't call a pulling block on Alaka or Dodson our first play from scrimmage like he did last year against Garrett.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I don't think you are taking in to consideration the amount of pull bama has with voters. 

Voters?  Not at all.  I was thinking of, and specifically talking about, the playoff committee and their criteria.  Ohio State's inclusion last year showed us what the playoff committee will do to fill the fourth slot when two conferences have two loss champions and there is a viable one loss non-champion.  Ohio State lost to Penn State, but they had wins over Oklahoma (Big 12 Champion), Michigan, Wisconsin, and a Nebraska that had climbed into the top 10 when they played.  One close loss, on the road, to the eventual conference champion (also a top 10 team) did not negate the rest of their resume.

That is where Alabama would be lacking, as they would have lost to the only good team they played.  If Auburn loses to Texas A&M or Georgia, but beats Alabama, then Alabama would still get to redeem their loss against another good team in the SEC Championship Game.  If they do not get to go to that game, what else is there to justify excluding a one loss champion from another conference?  If Ohio State and Penn State both win out, Penn State would have a much better case than Alabama.

Should the other four conferences have one loss champions, which is likely, then a two loss Auburn team winning the SEC Championship most likely leaves the SEC out of the picture (and it should).  A one loss Alabama or Georgia SEC Champion takes a slot, where the PAC 12 Champion is likely excluded.  It gets interesting if there are a few two loss conference champions, as that actually opens discussion for Auburn if they win out.  They would have closed the season with big wins over two top 5 teams, and would have beaten one of them twice.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Huge opportunity ahead for Gus!  

This is the most important 3 games (sec) stretch in his entire football coaching career. It can make him a legend or a failure. 

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think your wrong. Watch tonight probably be 1. Uga 2. Uat 3. ND  4.OSU  5. Clemson. So the media polls might have uat up but these polls will have uga . If uat loses to AU (which I truely doubt and AU goes to the championship game  then I highly doubt uat goes to the playoffs unless several other teams lose first. If your scenario was true PSU and OSU both would have been in last year.

Archived