Special week for Stidham

Scotty2Hotty

1. Stidham goes back to compete in his home state.

2. Stidham attended games @ A&M, which were not recruiting visits, so he had to have had some level of love for A&M.

3. A&M recruited Stidham, but Sumlin stopped when Mond (father I believe?) began wavering with Mond's commitment.

In some of Stidham's quotes, he was obviously bummed by Sumlin's cold shoulder.

Would Stidham have signed with A&M had Sumlin continued the pursuit? Perhaps, but we'll never know.

Because of these factors, Stidham has to want this victory a little more than the others.

I'm sure he'll want to prove to Sumlin he made the wrong choice. The 'ol chip on the shoulder.

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

1. Stidham goes back to compete in his home state.

2. Stidham attended games @ A&M, which were not recruiting visits, so he had to have had some level of love for A&M.

3. A&M recruited Stidham, but Sumlin stopped when Mond (father I believe?) began wavering with Mond's commitment.

In some of Stidham's quotes, he was obviously bummed by Sumlin's cold shoulder.

Would Stidham have signed with A&M had Sumlin continued the pursuit? Perhaps, but we'll never know.

Because of these factors, Stidham has to want this victory a little more than the others.

I'm sure he'll want to prove to Sumlin he made the wrong choice. The 'ol chip on the shoulder.

Thoughts?

Kevin Sumlin is 5-3 and about to get ran out of town. JS has nothing to prove to him . More importantly , needs to continue to improve since we actually have important games down the road.

I think Stidham is mature enough (and confident enough) to know that he has nothing to prove, a quarterback with his ability wants to play lights out every time he steps on the field.  But if he saw what I saw from College Station last Saturday night then he knows all he has to do is mix in a completion every now and then and look for Johnson and Pettway's taillights.  The Aggie run defense is pretty porous.

Doubt JS worries about not getting recruited at TAMU.....but Sumlin has not been short on top rated QBs in recent years....just has had problems keeping them. 

Hope POD is right about the running game this week....and that our D can keep Mond from running the ball. 

Jarrett isn't the only Auburn player that's from Texas. There's Jarrett Stidham isfrom Stephenville, Texas. Spencer Nigh is from Magnolia, Texas. Darius James is from Killeen, Texas. Kam Martin is from Port Arthur, Texas.

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Jarrett isn't the only Auburn player that's from Texas. There's Jarrett Stidham isfrom Stephenville, Texas. Spencer Nigh is from Magnolia, Texas. Darius James is from Killeen, Texas. Kam Martin is from Port Arthur, Texas.

It is a pretty big state,

with a lot of people in it.

5 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I think Stidham is mature enough (and confident enough) to know that he has nothing to prove

I don't believe Stidham is harboring ill feelings towards Sumlin but I do believe he wants to show Sumlin what he missed out on and will give extra effort.

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Big is an understatement.  It takes me 5 hours in a car just to reach the freaking state line.  Still grosses me out when crossing into Texas from Louisiana on I-10 and seeing that it's nearly 900 miles across.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Big is an understatement.  It takes me 5 hours in a car just to reach the freaking state line.  Still grosses me out when crossing into Texas from Louisiana on I-10 and seeing that it's nearly 900 miles across.

When asked why he adopted the nickname "Tex," 

the Lake Charles resident replied,

"Never got no respect when I went by 'Louise.'"

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I am originally from TX. So I have dealt with this my whole life having relatives that live all across the state. 

My boss is from Scotland and a few years ago I needed to go to El Paso  (from Houston), I started looking at flights immediately. He was wondering why did I want to fly since it was in TX!!! LOL

It is a 1:55 hr flight from Houston to El Paso.......

I can fly to Birmingham from Houston in 1:35 hr flight.

5 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I think Stidham is mature enough (and confident enough) to know that he has nothing to prove, a quarterback with his ability wants to play lights out every time he steps on the field.  But if he saw what I saw from College Station last Saturday night then he knows all he has to do is mix in a completion every now and then and look for Johnson and Pettway's taillights.  The Aggie run defense is pretty porous.

46 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I don't believe Stidham is haboring ill feelings towards Sumlin but I do believe he wants to show Sumlin what he missed out on and will give extra effort. 

Something going wonky with the quote/time-stamp feature???

13 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I think Stidham is mature enough (and confident enough) to know that he has nothing to prove, a quarterback with his ability wants to play lights out every time he steps on the field.  But if he saw what I saw from College Station last Saturday night then he knows all he has to do is mix in a completion every now and then and look for Johnson and Pettway's taillights.  The Aggie run defense is pretty porous . Ihope 

So was LSU's but they made adjustments while Gus countered with his tried and true run up the middle on first down 17 STRAIGHT times. Later he said the meltdown by the offense in the second half can't happen again, it won't happen again. We'll see.

Stephenville isn't far from College Station (in terms of being in same region).   I am sure it will be like a homecoming for certain.  

Auburn wins easily against a bad defense.

I just want the OL to block and give JS a chance to do his thing. If that happens, and we don’t go bonkers with the play calling, dude will have a great return to his home state and they’ll be no mass chaos on this board for another week. 

12 hours ago, Beaker said:

Stephenville isn't far from College Station (in terms of being in same region).   I am sure it will be like a homecoming for certain.  

Auburn wins easily against a bad defense.

Not being argumentative but thought I heard Texas a and m was a sack machine (like top ten in the nation). Sorry can’t get those eleven Clemson sacks out of my brain?

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Not being argumentative but thought I heard Texas a and m was a sack machine (like top ten in the nation). Sorry can’t get those eleven Clemson sacks out of my brain?

I haven't scoured their data....last year they were with Miles Garrett.  Hey no worries, we have the most experienced OL in the nation!  That's what I said when I mixing and drinking the kook aid back in August.  Today, I wouldn't trust our staff with all all-conference roster to beat Mercer.  

Archived