Auburn vs A&M Commentators

weathergeakal

This isn’t the first time. She has done AU games before. I think 2012 AU vs Arkansas (not that anyone would have a reason to remember that game). 

4 hours ago, TigerOne said:

just listen to the Auburn Network if possible

Unfortunately for me, the Auburn Network is usually way ahead of the delayed TV time. Always bugs me hearing what happens before seeing it

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

As long as Rod Gilmore isn't doing the game I'm good. 

He's who I was afraid it was going to be. 

I usually try to sync the radio broadcast to the TV 

I totally disagree. It should be fun with her doing the call. Everything is super exciting with her so if we try to run the ball up the middle 17 times in a row it should be fun to see her try to make that super exciting.  

Ive watched her before and thought she was a cut above some of those monotones available that don't seem to have readied themselves for the game they are calling.

I guess I'm just an outlier because I don't usually pay too much attention to what the announcers say most of the time. I get to engrossed in the action and they could have Charlie Brown's teacher calling the game saying "wah, wah, wah wah wah wah"and I'd not realize it right away. The bottom line to me is that if we play well then they can only be complementary or positive. When we look flat and give up 20 point leads then you get what you deserve. 

Sync Radio and TV signal if you have cable package with a DVR:

1. Stream the radio brodcast from the www, to a bluetooth speaker or a wire to some nice speakers. It's true the radio signal is in front of the cable broadcast, but the streaming version of the radio show is as much as 10 seconds behind  the cable broadcast. And it's a very good sound, to boot.

2. Mute the tv, pause the DVR right when the kick goes up. but be ready--You'll then un-pause the tv when you hear the eminent Waaaaaaaaaar (hit button) Eagle, from the radio show. This should line the two signals, if you miss it slightly, mess with the dvr some, only takes a little effort to sync the two.

*They won't stay together throughout the game, every now and again (commercials) you'll have to mess with it a little. By q2 you'll be a pro and it's a non-issue

Hint: If you have old school 5.1 surround from your cable- If you eliminate the center channel (unplug) Beth Mowins will disappear entirely, but the stadium sounds will be live in your other speakers, to be blended in. Coolest part is when you can hear the ref from the web and the cable tv in perfect sync. 

This is a dorky post, but we've been doing this for a couple years and it's 100% worth it if you dislike Beth Mowins as much as I. War Eagle.

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

1. Stream the radio brodcast from the www, to a bluetooth speaker or a wire to some nice speakers. It's true the radio signal is in front of the cable broadcast, but the streaming version of the radio show is as much as 10 seconds behind  the cable broadcast. And it's a very good sound, to boot.

2. Mute the tv, pause the DVR right when the kick goes up. but be ready--You'll then un-pause the tv when you hear the eminent Waaaaaaaaaar (hit button) Eagle, from the radio show. This should line the two signals, if you miss it slightly, mess with the dvr some, only takes a little effort to sync the two.

*They won't stay together throughout the game, every now and again (commercials) you'll have to mess with it a little. By q2 you'll be a pro and it's a non-issue

Hint: If you have old school 5.1 surround from your cable- If you eliminate the center channel (unplug) Beth Mowins will disappear entirely, but the stadium sounds will be live in your other speakers, to be blended in. Coolest part is when you can hear the ref from the web and the cable tv in perfect sync. 

This is a dorky post, but we've been doing this for a couple years and it's 100% worth it if you dislike Beth Mowins as much as I. War Eagle.

I do this almost every game now.

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I know I'm in the minority but Rod Bramblett really gets on my nerves. Not sure why everybody seems to like him so much. I love Stan though.

Mine too!  I know everybody loves him because he's an Auburn broadcaster, but actually as far as a play-by-play man goes he is just not very good. I enjoy catching some of the  radio broadcasts of the games of the week on Westwood One, some of their play-by-play guys are outstanding

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Mine too!  I know everybody loves him because he's an Auburn broadcaster, but actually as far as a play-by-play man goes he is just not very good. I enjoy catching some of the  radio broadcasts of the games of the week on Westwood One, some of their play-by-play guys are outstanding

Me too really. But he's with us. And he has no chance of ever being as annoying as Beth Mowins

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Me too really. But he's with us. And he has no chance of ever being as annoying as Beth Mowins

I'll give you that one man. Beth mowins is actually a pretty good play-by-play announcer, it's just her voice drives me crazy!

just thought I would throw this in, at least a lot of you don't have to listen to the Georgia radio broadcasts. That guy they have now is awful. I never thought anybody could be as bad as Larry Munson, but this guy is terrible. I lived in Athens for about 15 years, and really liked Larry, but as a radio play-by-play guy he was terrible. you could listen to Larry for half an hour, and not have any idea what the hell was going on in the football game

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

just thought I would throw this in, at least a lot of you don't have to listen to the Georgia radio broadcasts. That guy they have now is awful. I never thought anybody could be as bad as Larry Munson, but this guy is terrible. I lived in Athens for about 15 years, and really liked Larry, but as a radio play-by-play guy he was terrible. you could listen to Larry for half an hour, and not have any idea what the hell was going on in the football game

Are you talking about "chubby time"

13 hours ago, jAUSon said:

I wish there was a way to save a post as a favorite.  I am totally going to try this on Saturday and see if I can get it to work.  What is the website you use?

3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I wish there was a way to save a post as a favorite.  I am totally going to try this on Saturday and see if I can get it to work.  What is the website you use?

Google "Auburn Radio Network", click on the tunein link within the results. Your laptop will play it from the browser, your phone may require the tune in app, idk. 

Archived