Jacobs stepping down

WDE0007

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought we could've done better, but regardless he should've stepped down years ago.  Its clear the job became too much for him with all these terrible black clouds over several athletic programs.

24 minutes ago, CR said:

My money would be on a replacement named  way before June 2018. Hopefully this postpones any stadium "plans" JJ was heading up.

They were already postponed for the time being.

23 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

This is my official application for the position of Director of Athletics at Auburn University. I think I could handle the gig :laugh:

Let's get the ball rolling and get him out Auburn Fast.

I'll take Associate AD/Liaison to AUFamily.com

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just suggesting that there is no reason not to be gracious about getting what you want. 

Gotta remember 64 there are some on here that have said they will be mad if we win out and Gus saves his job. Can you imagine that. Being mad if you beat UGA and Alabama.

While I agree it was time for JJ to move on, he is an Auburn man through and through.

2 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Gotta remember 64 there are some on here that have said they will be mad if we win out and Gus saves his job. Can you imagine that. Being mad if you beat UGA and Alabama.

While I agree it was time for JJ to move on, he is an Auburn man through and through.

1D274906400241-gif-roker-eyes-big-140721

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He ain't gone yet..We all knew this was coming. I won't start celebrating until double bubble is gone. What is the evaluation period like for finding another AD and for how long? Gus should not be able to step down also. Fire him! But as long as JJ is still AD he won't be fired...So whatever..smh

I hate to break it to you but regardless if JJ were AD or not Gus is safe for now as long as he gets 1 of the last 3 conference games & isn't blown out in the losses.

Just now, ellitor said:

I hate to break it to you but regardless if JJ were AD ore not Gus is safe for now as long as he gets 1 of the last 3 conference games & isn't blown out in the losses.

yep

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Gus is safe for now as long as he gets 1 of the last 3 conference games & isn't blown out in the losses.

I have low confidence of that happening.

7 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

My only request. Could we get someone with prior experience as a qualified AD at a D1 school this time?

I'd take a very successful businessman like former AU kicker Scott Ethridge since FBS athletics is big business organizatiion now-a-days.

What if Gus becomes the wizard head coach everyone initially thought now that JJ is gone?!  

I imagine their strained relationship didn’t help things. And yes, it doesn’t matter the circumstances - always play to win. I get that, but love that sunshine! Haha. 

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I have low confidence of that happening.

With our D if they stay healthy...At least win 1 & stay in all 3 seems likely IMO.

Must we always look to someone with Auburn ties? I want the BEST person for the job...Auburn ties or no Auburn ties.

Bring in the next sacrificial lamb...

Granted that the recent string of controversy looks bad, I'm still not in the camp that Jacobs has done anything deserving of his release or resignation. To argue otherwise is to argue based on emotions.

That said I believe we are in a unique position that we must make the most of as we look to replace Jacobs.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Must we always look to someone with Auburn ties? I want the BEST person for the job...Auburn ties or no Auburn ties.

I don't care that he has AU ties. My point was you won't find many resumes better. & Scott isn't in whatever cliche AU has. He should have & would have been the hire in 2004 when we hired Jacobs if Mike Hubbard had not stepped in and essentially blocked.

9 minutes ago, api1957 said:

We'll probably screw this up and hire the Iowa St AD.

or CIO?

Archived