JJ Replacement

weathergeakal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t believe this thread can actually get started and be for real. Finally!

Oh, and I have no suggestions. Just like to bash everyone else’s. :)

4 minutes ago, orangeblueau said:

I’ve rarely posted and haven’t signed in for many years (but visit regularly). I’m just curious....is Michelle McKenna-Doyle a possibility?

TOS posters think she is. I like the idea of hiring someone from the tech side of a pro league because the appeal to the customers (ie, fans and recruits) will increasingly be via technology. She can run a similarly sized budget and can think strategically about the tech side, which will be critical going forward. Can she manage and lead? IDK. 

9 minutes ago, orangeblueau said:

I’ve rarely posted and haven’t signed in for many years (but visit regularly). I’m just curious....is Michelle McKenna-Doyle a possibility?

She would be a home run in my opinion.  Totally new and different perspective in the position.

Don’t be surprised if JJ’s replacement looks a lot like him.  For real change, It’s who is behind the curtain that matters, not who they pick to stand in front of it.

I wish I could say I'm excited to think who our new AD will be, but I'm anticipating the typical middle aged Bible thumping Southern bumpkin with strong Auburn ties and a nice sense of "Family." 

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

I wish I could say I'm excited, but I'm anticipating the typical middle aged Bible thumping Southern bumpkin with strong Auburn ties and a nice sense of "Family." 

Serious question what is wrong with those qualities?

Just now, caleb1633 said:

I wish I could say I'm excited, but I'm anticipating the typical middle aged Bible thumping Southern bumpkin with strong Auburn ties and a nice sense of "Family." 

Less auburn men, more qualified leaders.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The PTB value those qualities over the more important qualities required to run a multi-million dollar corporation. Organizational skills, leadership, budgeting & fundraising, etc.

Nothing wrong with any of them, so long as they can do the other stuff with excellence too.

Many on here forget what value going to a major university is.  It’s about the friendships, The networking, and the degree.  If you eliminate the first 2 then you might as well get your degree from onlineU.com.  Plus family has keys to my house, not someone I have no idea who it is.  Perspective folks.  

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Less auburn men, more qualified leaders.

those things are not mutually exclusive.....but might be an Auburn woman perhaps...

Just now, AU64 said:

those things are not mutually exclusive.....but might be an Auburn woman perhaps...

Needs to be whoever has the qualifications to successfully run an athletic department , whether they have been associated with Auburn or not ,Whether they are considered a family person or not and Whether they have southern roots or not shouldn’t be qualifiers  

Names I like:

Scott Etheridge
Whit Babcock
Michelle McKenna-Doyle

I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable person on potential candidates, but I'd probably be happy with any of these.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Names I like:

Scott Etheridge
Whit Babcock
Michelle McKenna-Doyle

I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable person on potential candidates, but I'd probably be happy with any of these.

Titan you’re gonna get bombarded to many “Auburn” people.  Lol.  

Like that’s a bad thing.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Titan you’re gonna get bombarded to many “Auburn” people.  Lol.  

Like that’s a bad thing.

"Auburn person" is neither a plus nor a minus in my book.  I'm looking at resumes.

24 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I wish I could say I'm excited to think who our new AD will be, but I'm anticipating the typical middle aged Bible thumping Southern bumpkin with strong Auburn ties and a nice sense of "Family." 

24 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Exactly fits the definition of 'Homer'. We don't need any more 'Homers'. We need a  proven, qualified, and experienced AD to clean house.

what about Cole Cubelic? He seems to have it together from listening and watching him on the SEC Channel. He knows Auburn football and likely other sports well. He is young and has charisma. I could be way off on this one, but he seems to be worth it.

Archived