Time to earn your pay Gus

AUIH1

The important key here: no injuries after this Texas A&M game.  I, for one, am very excited for the UGA game.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

The important key here: no injuries after this Texas A&M game.  I, for one, am very excited for the UGA game.  

Gus tried his best to find a way to get KJ injured.  No excuses no matter what.  Gus must win this one. 

wde

• WarTiger changed the title to Time to earn your pay Gus
3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Gus tried his best to find a way to get KJ injured.  No excuses no matter what.  Gus must win this one. 

wde

I would have preferred to see other running backs more.  I think the reason why however, was due to protection concerns. Kam Martin would not have stopped those Texas A&M D-Linemen, as much as I love K-Mart.  I would have liked to see Malik Miller in protection though.  Either way, KJ, very proud of you.  

I saw some things today that would help against UGA, like a slant or two, great fullback blocking, and some more traditional play concepts.

things I saw today that won’t help........silly 4th and 1 shenanigans in the first half, our tackling is regressing......toward 2013 bad, some of the 1st down runs up the middle were free zero yard plays for the D.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I would have preferred to see other running backs more.  I think the reason why however, was due to protection concerns. Kam Martin would not have stopped those Texas A&M D-Linemen, as much as I love K-Mart.  I would have liked to see Malik Miller in protection though.  Either way, KJ, very proud of you.  

You think? Gus has no clue how to manage personel.  But we won and WDE.  Next week is when rubber meets the road.

wde

It’s going to be hard to convince Gus how big the Uga , UAt games are.  He still got his sight set on the Bham bowl.  Gus’ potential 8-5 record is still well and alive.  

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

It’s going to be hard to convince Gus how big the Uga , UAt games are.  He still got his sight set on the Bham bowl.  Gus’ potential 8-5 record is still well and alive.  

Sadly, this has been proven to be the truth although to give Gus credit, he does seem to coach far better against spuat than he does against UGA.

wde

UGA was not a good team last yr.  How they did they go from bad to #1?  First, Fromm has been great. Has not played like a frosh and its not just who they played.   Second, KS has coached them hard and instilled the confidence of a winner.  They believe and they play hard and with a swagger.  Third, they have great players on O and D who are playing very well.

AU?  Inconsistent on O; and many of our top recruits have not stepped up.  Last few games the D has shown some weakness.  They have to stop bruissing backs.  Have to keep the pressure on qb and cover T Godwin.

I believe because we play at home but I pray GM stops overthinking the offense.

We need to be there in force, LOUD and proud!!! We need to make that stadium the most intimidating place that the dawgs have played this year. I've got to shake this cold so I can scream really loudly.

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

We need to be there in force, LOUD and proud!!! We need to make that stadium the most intimidating place that the dawgs have played this year. I've got to shake this cold so I can scream really loudly.

I have complete confidence that the AU crowd will be loud and proud against UGA.

wde

54 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. This is the game. I have no confidence that we can get it done but Gus has his chance and I will be screaming like crazy. 

We just need to do what South Carolina is doing currently

4 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Show a sign that you acknowledge that UGA is a must win every year Rainman.

wde

Every year? Must win? You do realize the overall record is like 55-57 right? :dunno:

I'd settle for a split. 

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I have complete confidence that the AU crowd will be loud and proud against UGA.

wde

I'll be there! I have a  client who has given me 2 FREE tickets. Taking my dad for his 51st birthday. I hope some way we can pull off the W..

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Every year? Must win? You do realize the overall record is like 55-57 right? :dunno:

I'd settle for a split. 

Unfortunately, that’s Gus’ mindset. It IS a must-win every year if you approach it correctly but it only works out about half the time, historically. If you approach it with the Gustav mentality, the success rate is much lower, no matter how poor the UGA team is....e.g. “it’s not the end of the world” if we lose(which is true but, just....damn....)

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'd settle for a split. 

we used to have a decent lead... now they are stretching it out. UNACCEPTABLE

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

Unfortunately, that’s Gus’ mindset. It IS a must-win every year if you approach it correctly but it only works out about half the time, historically. If you approach it with the Gustav mentality, the success rate is much lower, no matter how poor the UGA team is....

how do u know Gus mindset?

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I'll be there! I have a  client who has given me 2 FREE tickets. Taking my dad for his 51st birthday. I hope some way we can pull off the W..

Win or lose I hope that you have a great time with your dad at the game. Despite both my father and I being AU alumni I never got to go to a game with him in Auburn. Something I would have loved to of done. Hopefully Auburn will take care of business.

Archived