FINAL: Auburn 42 Texas A&M 27

RunInRed

Any problems with Carlson ?....two blocked FGs (one pretty low) and most kicks not going out of the end zone.   We sure don't cover KOs well and would be nice to never have to defend one. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Any problems with Carlson ?....two blocked FGs (one pretty low) and most kicks not going out of the end zone.   We sure don't cover KOs well and would be nice to never have to defend one. 

Can't blame Carlson for the blocked FGs. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Yeah, I think he had a hold early on that negated a play.

Was asking because he wasn't on the stat sheet at all. Smh I can't understand him at all.

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Can't blame Carlson for the blocked FGs. 

One for sure...the other I was not so sure ...whether the play was slow or what.....just surprised by them....and the relatively short kicks....just wondering? 

People would rather be negative than positive. I agree that there were some rough patches in the game, but there were also flashes of some creative play calling. KJ is a warrior and it did not look like he wanted to come out of the game at all.

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

One for sure...the other I was not so sure ...whether the play was slow or what.....just surprised by them....and the relatively short kicks....just wondering? 

48 and 52 yarders aren't exactly short. Within his range but the angle has to be  lower for that distance. Line has to block better. I've not gone back to look to see what exactly happened on his end, but no reason they should have allowed two blocks in one game. 

10 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I am amazed at the relative lack of activity on the boards when we win vs when we lose.  

You shouldn't be. There's less to talk about when we win. Plus the boo birds have no reason to be here. 

But there were still some questions. Questionable play calls as usual, same tendencies, until we started to get away from them at least slightly after halftime. Also why run KJ into the ground? Let him rest. But these have all been mentioned so I'm just a broken record. 

Also there's actually several good games today that are keeping people distracted. SC playing the Dawgs tight and NC State is up on Clemson. 

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

People would rather be negative than positive. I agree that there were some rough patches in the game, but there were also flashes of some creative play calling. KJ is a warrior and it did not look like he wanted to come out of the game at all.

That one handed catch though...........

After that hit I was like get him into a protective bubble for next week.

Just now, wdefromtx said:

48 and 52 yarders aren't exactly short. Within his range but the angle has to be  lower for that distance. Line has to block better. I've not gone back to look to see what exactly happened on his end, but no reason they should have allowed two blocks in one game. 

I was talking about kickoffs.....the FGs were plenty long...one was a clear block...to me on TV looked like the kick did not get up on one of them...But have gotten used to kickoffs going through the end zone.....hated to give those speedy return guys any opportunity at all. 

12 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

That's because it seems this forum consist of a many bmc types.

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

You shouldn't be. There's less to talk about when we win. Plus the boo birds have no reason to be here. 

But there were still some questions. Questionable play calls as usual, same tendencies, until we started to get away from them at least slightly after halftime. Also why run KJ into the ground? Let him rest. But these have all been mentioned some I'm just a broken record. 

Also there's actually several good games today that are keeping people distracted. SC playing the Dawgs tight and NC State is up on Clemson. 

Maybe but the negative nancy's bail out pretty quickly once AU seems to take control.  Yep....some good games on the second shift but rest assured, if AU had lost or only won by 3, this board would be full of people calling for Gus's head....some people are predictable either way.....positive or negative

As for play calling or whatever, I'm back to my example of doing a book review page by page.   It's the total game that counts....plays are called to set up other calls or to see how a defense reacts.  Some of the basically same plays that got stuffed also went for 10-15 yards on other occasions.   In my view, anyone who analyses a game play-by-play is just looking for something to talk about ....or second guess.    JS looked good over all...had me worried when he had a little stretch of bad passes but shook it off and got his mojo back and did what needed doing and had a very good day.  . 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I was talking about kickoffs.....the FGs were plenty long...one was a clear block...to me on TV looked like the kick did not get up on one of them...But have gotten used to kickoffs going through the end zone.....hated to give those speedy return guys any opportunity at all. 

He kicked 4 touch backs out of 6 kickoffs. One of the returns was from in their end zone. The other 62 yards.

It's not all that off from his normal game.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True, but I am certain that most teams have speedy return guys that a competent ST coach would have his kick coverage teams ready for in case the kick was returnable.  Don't blame it on Carlson for not kicking out of the endzone for God's sake.

wde

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'll also say that it's not Carlson that makes you think he is giving more opportunities for returns.

Missed tackles and that one 72 yard return will skew your (everyone's) memory in a hurry. If he only was able to return that one say 25 yards or so you probably would not have noticed his kickoffs today.

4 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

True, but I am certain that most teams have speedy return guys that a competent ST coach would have his kick coverage teams ready for in case the kick was returnable.  Don't blame it on Carlson for not kicking out of the endzone for God's sake.

wde

Not blaming anyone.....but I  don't care who is ST coach, nobody wants to make kicks that guys like that can return. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not blaming anyone.....but I  don't care who is ST coach, nobody wants to make kicks that guys like that can return. 

LOL, of course Carlson did not want to make the kick that was returnable.  Hello McFly.  But the job of the ST is to prevent a return like that if the kick is returnable.  Coaching

wde

1 hour ago, weathergeakal said:

I love 2:30 kicks. Just because the game is on CBS doesn't mean gameday won't come.

I like the 2:30 kicks, but I definitely like the 6:00 kicks more.

This was a great team win! I am so proud of the players and coaches for their hard fought victory. Great start to November!

Archived