FINAL: Auburn 42 Texas A&M 27

RunInRed

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed some of the game due to taking my sister to the Asheville NC airport for her trip home after a nice visit. I was pleased for the most with this game. Even with some boneheaded plays from Gus/Chip in the 1sr half, he did a decent game of offensive play calling.

Gus/Chip needs to be in top form Saturday to beat the mutts. From what I have seen today with USC/UGA, we can beat the mutts with a superior effort. I am so sick of hearing the Uga band. They have to be the most annoying band in all of the SEC. The mutts have one decent season in 50 years, and you would think they are bammer junior. Same goes for Lsu.

I have a good feeling my fellow Tigers, I think we will beat the mutts 38-24 and do it with a vengeance of nothing less than extreme prejudice. That "go Georgia bullturds" chant is driving me crazy watching this game. I hope to hear mostly Auburn victory chants early and often! I am tired folks and my mind is taking a break tonight, but will be in full force asap! Beat the mutts and send them hope with their tail between their legs!

44 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Defense is going to have to play better. ALOT better.  

Say it again, ALOT better.

56 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I saw a half ass effort on defense. Poor reads and tackling . They would hate me this week if I was coach Steele 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Defense seems to have fallen off the past few games. They have slipped back to some old bad habits. Hopefully this will be corrected quickly. That being said the offense was sleep walking in the first half and seem to wake up the second half. I am very happy for the young men for the win, however Texas AM is hardly a good team more of an average team. I still believe that a change is needed and not because of this year but the general direction of the program has been to settle for 8-4 seasons year end and year out. 

First congrats to our Auburn tigers good solid win. Offense did a good job...hope the defense especially the secondary steps it up a bit. Kerryon was a work horse and Stidham connected on some long balls..good job Slayton you were good catching the ball today, way to step it up. Special teams looked horrible as usual....good blocked punt though...still a D- for ST.

I’m not disagreeing that the defense needs to play better but the yards by a and m against Alabama and Auburn is nearly the same and they are supposedly the best. They also had a big percentage of their yards on two big plays and the one drive when the other qb came in. Just sayin 

4 hours ago, msza said:

If this season ends as anything but 8-4 and a bowl loss to Wisconsin, I will be thrilled.

Daaaaamnnnn.

It's like you're reading my mind.

Went to the game today and haven't read through threads.  Quick thoughts here:

* Stidham's TD to Slayton was gorgeous because he actually threw Slayton open.  Led him to the open field with the ball where no safety help could be found.  I also love that we called the deep shot in a logical situation: 2nd & 1.  Made total sense there.

* Credit where its due: we made positive offensive adjustments after the first quarter today.

* KJ is a beast.  Enough said.

* Some of Carlson's kickoffs were shorter than normal but I'm not shocked.  Wind was swirling all day.

* Blocking on the 2nd field goal block was atrocious.

* The back-breaking 95 yard drive in the 4th was our single best drive all year.  Ran clock when we needed to and still scored.  It was a thing of beauty.

* Been to Kyle Field every time we've played here since its a day trip for me.  Stadium itself is great, but I'm not in a rush to come back after we move next year.  Very sterile environment for 102k and the fans are actually a little too nice.

WDE all.  Let the Dawg hate flow!

There was an article my husband was reading about the O-Line today and the adjustments that had to be made due to injury (James and Horton). He read part of it to me, but I didn't read it. Apparently, it was on 24/7. 

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I am amazed at the relative lack of activity on the boards when we win vs when we lose.  

I'm not surprised at all. What a loser you must be to cheer for a loss against the team. Pathetic.

We collectively can be disappointed, but to cheer against our team is stupid. To live vicariously through these kids is stupid and selfish. True sign of a real loser. 

So to the real losers, stay home. And get a life!  It is a freaking game! 

I was ecstatic that we did not continue to ram our heads into the wall after the script ended and after our bad 1st Q. That is something Gus coached teams usually do not play themselves out of. And we did it against a team that has the same caliber of athletes as us. I was extremely pleased to see this.

Also Kerryon Johnson and Jeff Holland are beasts

Archived