Praise for Coach Malzahn

AUJedi

20 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

The head part of me gets this. I really do. But I guess the heart part of me wants to find some hope in still having a chance to make this season special. After the 1st quarter today, I thought our players may have already started mailing it in for the rest of the year. That maybe all the crap that's gone on this year is starting to affect them. But they found a way to fight and claw and get the win. Wasn't the prettiest but a win. And even if it's just for the players who deserve it ( and maybe I'm overestimating the impact we fans can have) maybe we could at least help create a positive vibe for them because they really do deserve it the way they have fought this year

Amen and amen. You and I share the same sentiment. I was mad after Clemson and I was mad after LSU, but I don't want to add to the negative attitude that surely has to affect the players. They hear this stuff. There is no doubt about that. Staying positive doesn't mean you aren't realistic. It just means you choose to be positive.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think its likely both teams would be undefeated to this point.  

Very likely

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Do you really trust K-Mart to block the D-Line that is 2nd in the nation in sacks (as much as I love K-Mart)?  Not defending the decision to keep KJ in a long as he did, but I can see why he did it.  In the first half it was because KJ could protect and in the second he was on a tear and wanted to stay in.

I would have preferred to see Malik Miller pass protect some though.  I really believe he is the next Pettway for us.  

There is a reason he isn't playing. He isn't in the same class as Bubba. 

If/when we get to the point of needing Miller to RB1, we will be in trouble.  He has absolutely no speed/quickness.

1 hour ago, AUJedi said:

He gets a little love and praise for the win TODAY! This board man!! You're either a Pollyanna sunshine pumper or a negative train wreck of a human being! There is no middle ground. You know when my kids did something that deserved an ass whipping I gave them an ass whipping and when they deserved praise, I gave them praise. Gus deserved the ass whipping he got after LSU. Today he deserves a little (just a little maybe) love. Some of you want to continuously beat on him every chance you get. You're just as tiresome to me as the sunshine pumpers 

As others have said, we won against a bad team who is about to lose their coach. This game does nothing to install any confidence Gus has learned from past mistakes.

1 hour ago, creed said:

That's the same thing some experts have said about the coach across the state...lol

No team has the talent as "the team across the state." So that argument lacks credibility. 

1 hour ago, Aucater said:

Thing is the coach across the state is never in the position of not having equal or better players than everyone else.

Exactly

1 hour ago, creed said:

Nope. Just relaying what I've heard before. But it would be interesting to see what kind of season each would  have if Saban was the coach of AU with our existing talent and Gus the coach at Bama with their existing talent.

I would love to have Saban and his staff coaching this AU team. We would be undefeated.  If Gus were the coach at spuat, they would have lost the FSU game and won the rest.

wde

8 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I would love to have Saban and his staff coaching this AU team. We would be undefeated.  If Gus were the coach at spuat, they would have lost the FSU game and won the rest.

wde

Sorry, but FSU wasn't beating bama. 

Praise can be earned this Saturday. Based on this afternoons game, a hell of a lot will be riding on next weekend. Of course we need Bama to beat freaking LSU now.

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Sorry, but FSU wasn't beating bama. 

With Gus as HC, I bet they would have, especially in game 1.  

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

With Gus as HC, I bet they would have, especially in game 1.  

wde

Totally disagree. Hell, with bama's talent we would be undefeated.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Totally disagree. Hell, with bama's talent we would be undefeated.

Not with Gus as HC.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Not with Gus as HC.

wde

Wrong. He  would be like, I ran 17 straight times on first down and made you like it.  Bank that.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Wrong. He  would be like, I ran 17 straight times on first down and made you like it.  Bank that.

They Don't have a ton more talent. They're just better coached and developed. 

I would tip my hat to Malzahn tonight. I will save the praise for a win against UGA. If he wins out the next male in the family can be named Gus. 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I would tip my hat to Malzahn tonight. I will save the praise for a win against UGA. If he wins out the next male in the family can be named Gus. 

damn

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

damn

It may be the next dog. :)

We could win out and lose a playoff game and people will still want him fired. All I want is at least 1-1 vs UGAy and OBama.  We do that and it has been a good season, with promise for next season. 

Several interesting comments and perspectives here. But again we could've won this game and would have probably won this game more convincing way if Gus have been locked in a random janitors closet two hours before kick off and left there until right about now after the team plane had already departed Texas.   Our head coach, wide receivers coach and special teams coach are incompetent. I would love to see us upset Georgia or Alabama, but the completion of either or both of those accomplishments does not negate the aforementioned incompetence in those three positions, especially in Gus who still has a general stupor on his face the majority of the time he's on the sidelines. 

1 hour ago, murpjf88 said:

They Don't have a ton more talent. They're just better coached and developed. 

This couldn't be any further from reality.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Praise can be earned this Saturday. Based on this afternoons game, a hell of a lot will be riding on next weekend. Of course we need Bama to beat freaking LSU now.

Doesn't that suck? I was rooting for LSU before it hit me.....wait,  if LSU wins, even if we pull off a miracle and beat both UGA and UA....we likely wouldn't go to the SEC champ game. 

Obviously they could lose another, but I don't see it happening against Arkansas, Tennessee, and A&M.

Welp, today we beat a team we were supposed to beat..that does not earn praise in my book. As someone said earlier, a pat on the back and a “way to take care of business” at best. Next week is a different story. Rubber meet road. 

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

All I want is at least 1-1 vs UGAy and OBama.  

I'd take this too IF we look competitive in the loss. But if I had any pull with the football gods, I'd dearly love for the loss to be UGA. I am so sick of Alabama football right now 

16 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This couldn't be any further from reality.

The reality is Alabama can extrapolate  more talent/potential out of their 4 and 5 star recruits than Auburn could ever dream of getting out of theirs and that's in large part due to coaching. Auburn is a perennial top 10 recruiting team but you wouldn't know it year in and year out by looking at the standings. The Tide literally have a guy named Jalen Hurts Qb'ing that offense. Jalen Hurts is basically a different strokes version of SW. If he was on Auburn, he'd be an 8 win quarterback with no chance at a national championship.

Don't get caught up in the hype just because Rivals or ESPN has a guy pegged as a 5 star athlete and rated higher than a 4 star athlete. They still have to be coached/developed.

44 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Doesn't that suck? I was rooting for LSU before it hit me.....wait,  if LSU wins, even if we pull off a miracle and beat both UGA and UA....we likely wouldn't go to the SEC champ game. 

Obviously they could lose another, but I don't see it happening against Arkansas, Tennessee, and A&M.

Yep this is why we can’t root for them. They need to lose 

Not much praise from me. Can't imagine beating GA with running KJ all game or subbing in a newbie RB with no real pressure with game time experience. Sucks knowing we're gonna get creamed by #1 & #2 at home again. I'm done with believing in Gus. 

Goodness reading most comments sounds like we lost. We put close to 500 yards on this team (incidentally Bama put 350).  I have no idea if we can win either game coming up but I enjoyed the win today. And I guess some ghost made adjustments after the first quarter to slow down the pressure on stidham. Geez

Archived