Praise for Coach Malzahn

AUJedi

28 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Goodness reading most comments sounds like we lost. We put close to 500 yards on this team (incidentally Bama put 350).  I have no idea if we can win either game coming up but I enjoyed the win today. And I guess some ghost made adjustments after the first quarter to slow down the pressure on stidham. Geez

Suppose to win today . Get excited about next week. Don’t know why you same guys get here and complain when most of our fans know this is a playoff caliber team and understand that the defining games were between two and three opponents.

uga fans feel the same way. It’s cool they beat USCe but if you go on there board the consensus is, this is what we are paying Kirby for. To win games like next week

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Anyone else remember back when threads use to involve so what if Tuberville beats Alabama and Georgia! Then they made some excuse of why he should and why those teams were not impressive or worth beating. Then would complain about him losing to Arkansas and not winning the games he should win.

Just be honest. No Auburn coach should lose a single game ever regardless of the caliber of the team he has or who he is playing.

11 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol. Anyone else remember back when threads use to involve so what if Tuberville beats Alabama and Georgia! Then they made some excuse of why he should and why those teams were not impressive or worth beating. Then would complain about him losing to Arkansas and not winning the games he should win.

Just be honest. No Auburn coach should lose a single game ever regardless of the caliber of the team he has or who he is playing.

Whatever man. Teams can lose games any old time. Our coach loses ours for us. 

21 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Whatever man. Teams can lose games any old time. Our coach loses ours for us. 

Yup and Tuberville always found a way to lose that one that kept us from the next level. Often it was Arkansas. Should we even discuss Nallsminger offense? Or another of the Tuberville classic's people hated and that was referring to OOC games as pre-season types and losing to USC, Georgia Tech, South Florida.

So why did he keep losing early season games and to Arkansas? Did he lose those or were they just any old time?

Fans are going to find ways to complain about a coach regardless of record. Just the way it works.

55 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Let's be honest. We should be talking about the players and the play on the field, not the coaching staff.

10 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Yup and Tuberville always found a way to lose that one that kept us from the next level. Often it was Arkansas. Should we even discuss Nallsminger offense? Or another of the Tuberville classic's people hated and that was referring to OOC games as pre-season types and losing to USC, Georgia Tech, South Florida.

So why did he keep losing early season games and to Arkansas? Did he lose those or were they just any old time?

Fans are going to find ways to complain about a coach regardless of record. Just the way it works.

Tuberville's had a tendency to play down to the level of the competition. However, they also played up to the level of the competition. He was 5-2 against teams ranked in the top 5 and he was ultra competitive against LSU, Goergia and Alabama even when he was an underdog. Gus on the other hand.....

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Tuberville's had a tendency to play down to the level of the competition. However, they also played up to the level of the competition. He was 5-2 against teams ranked in the top 5 and he was ultra competitive against LSU, Goergia and Alabama even when he was an underdog. Gus on the other hand.....

You are correct, and people complained about it.

I thought if anything, people here would’ve given him praise for the timeouts before the end of the first half. He could’ve let the clock expire knowing we had the ball to start the third quarter but he didn’t. We got a blocked punt from it which likely blew the game open for us.

I fully understand A&M was a must win, but our team went on the road and put up over 40 points for the third time this season. That hasn’t happened before. 

Man I’m just happy that for the first time since 2014, we enter UGA with our starting QB and RB healthy. USCe gave UGA a good game, so I expect our defense to be up to the task as well. Very interested to see if we can move the ball in the air on them. Mizzou and USCe both found success through the air. 

50 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

I thought if anything, people here would’ve given him praise for the timeouts before the end of the first half. He could’ve let the clock expire knowing we had the ball to start the third quarter but he didn’t. We got a blocked punt from it which likely blew the game open for us.

I fully understand A&M was a must win, but our team went on the road and put up over 40 points for the third time this season. That hasn’t happened before. 

Man I’m just happy that for the first time since 2014, we enter UGA with our starting QB and RB healthy. USCe gave UGA a good game, so I expect our defense to be up to the task as well. Very interested to see if we can move the ball in the air on them. Mizzou and USCe both found success through the air. 

Possibly, his best coaching decision of the season.  I won't praise him but I will give him credit for that. 

For me, this season came down to 4 games; Clemson, LSU, UGA, and UA.  I thought we would win 2 to 3 out of those 4.  We very easily should be 2-0 in those game right now. However, due to stubbornness, unpreparedness, bad play calling, lack of adjustments, and bad personnel usage we sit at 0-2.  Each of those causations come down to one area of the team, coaching.  Throughout the season I've been hoping to see some type of shift away from those issues. I haven't seen it...except maybe in preparation. 

We now are facing the #1 and #2 teams in the country, who happen to be our biggest rivals and perennial season defing games. Athletically we match up across the board with both teams. However, nothing that I've seen so far from the offensive staff gives me confidence that we can go toe to toe with them.  Saban and Smart are defensive masters that adjust on the fly and make teams one dimensional and easy to defend.  Will our offensive master be willing or be able to make the adjustments necessary? I hope so, but nothing so far has reinforced that hope.

Pressure, paranoia, and an incessant need to try and prove he is the smartest coach on the field lead Gus to coach from a strange place. Unfortunately, I expect at some point to see the statue of liberty 5 minute deep post, a hidden player, or a tackle split wide waving his arms calling for the pass. 

I hope we win and I hope Gus proves me wrong.  

Well said and ditto. I saw nothing yesterday, or at any point this season, that makes me think we have any chance of scoring enough points to beat either Georgia or Alabama. Maybe Georgia has a letdown after clinching the East and beats itself, but Auburn's offense isn't going to beat Georgia.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

For me, this season came down to 4 games; Clemson, LSU, UGA, and UA.  I thought we would win 2 to 3 out of those 4.  We very easily should be 2-0 in those game right now. However, due to stubbornness, unpreparedness, bad play calling, lack of adjustments, and bad personnel usage we sit at 0-2.  Each of those causations come down to one area of the team, coaching.  Throughout the season I've been hoping to see some type of shift away from those issues. I haven't seen it...except maybe in preparation. 

We now are facing the #1 and #2 teams in the country, who happen to be our biggest rivals and perennial season defing games. Athletically we match up across the board with both teams. However, nothing that I've seen so far from the offensive staff gives me confidence that we can go toe to toe with them.  Saban and Smart are defensive masters that adjust on the fly and make teams one dimensional and easy to defend.  Will our offensive master be willing or be able to make the adjustments necessary? I hope so, but nothing so far has reinforced that hope.

Pressure, paranoia, and an incessant need to try and prove he is the smartest coach on the field lead Gus to coach from a strange place. Unfortunately, I expect at some point to see the statue of liberty 5 minute deep post, a hidden player, or a tackle split wide waving his arms calling for the pass. 

I hope we win and I hope Gus proves me wrong.  

Amen!! Preach it!!  Gus has a tremendous opportunity this week. I doubt he is up to it, but I am pulling for him not to screw it up.

wde

19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The fact that people are complimenting Gus for calling timeouts at the end of the half, so validates how bad of a coach he is.

If any coach outside of Gus had done it..some would have anointed them as brilliant and say something like “why can’t Gus think like that” Bottom line it was a good coaching call. If you can say he makes a bad call you can also say he makes a good one.

32 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The fact that people are complimenting Gus for calling timeouts at the end of the half, so validates how bad of a coach he is.

It’s the opposite really. No one complimented those decisions until I made a remark about it. 

If he didn’t do it, that would validate how bad of a coach he is. There is plenty to be upset about, but the piling on has become tiresome.

38 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

It’s the opposite really. No one complimented those decisions until I made a remark about it. 

If he didn’t do it, that would validate how bad of a coach he is. There is plenty to be upset about, but the piling on has become tiresome.

Then He needs to win next freaking week. It is that simple. If he had won the LSU game, he would be at a fine spot right now. If you can't handle the criticism he is getting, then you should probably not even show face because if he blows it next week, this place is going to explode.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Then He needs to win next freaking week. It is that simple. If he had won the LSU game, he would be at a fine spot right now. If you can't handle the criticism he is getting, then you should probably not even show face because if he blows it next week, this place is going to explode.

Who said anything about handling criticism? Like I said before, he has plenty of stuff people can complain about, but it seems the majority in here like to pile on. Just figured at some point it would become tiresome for them.

Had he beaten LSU, people would be just as critical so it wouldn’t really change much other than a UGA loss causing more of a meltdown than it would now. 

Let me ask you this, how many members here could handle a straight up loss to UGA this weekend? Or is any loss considered blowing it?

18 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Who said anything about handling criticism? Like I said before, he has plenty of stuff people can complain about, but it seems the majority in here like to pile on. Just figured at some point it would become tiresome for them.

Had he beaten LSU, people would be just as critical so it wouldn’t really change much other than a UGA loss causing more of a meltdown than it would now. 

Let me ask you this, how many members here could handle a straight up loss to UGA this weekend? Or is any loss considered blowing it?

No, not really. The mood would've been 10x better being 8-1 going into the UGA game with college game day on the plains. Chances are it would've been a top 4 or 5 battle. Only a fool would say otherwise. A loss to UGA is going to cause a chain reaction AS IT SHOULD.  He would be 0-3 this year in games that most people had circled. This is a freaking known commodity. Even he should know this by now. UGA is a huge rival. He cannot afford to lose.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, not really. The mood would've been 10x better being 8-1 going into the UGA game with college game day on the plains. Chances are it would've been a top 4 or 5 battle. Only a fool would say otherwise. A loss to UGA is going to cause a chain reaction AS IT SHOULD.  He would be 0-3 this year in games that most people had circled. This is a freaking known commodity. Even he should know this by now. UGA is a huge rival. He cannot afford to lose.

The “mood” might’ve been better, but there would still be the negative comments from the usual suspects being made on the weekely threads. 8-1 or 7-2, our stance going into this week is the same. Beat UGA, and the path to the SEC title is still open.

Im not advocating that we should be okay with any of the poor decisions that have been made over this season, but you would think that reading some of these comments that we were producing results like Arkansas. 

I think our teams mantra is perfect for the situation. Remembered In November. We either win and Gus saves his job for the next year, or he will be fired for his November struggles should we lose. To come into a positives thread and pile on is fruitless. Everyone knows what’s at stake this weekend. It’s not a surprise.

I can’t get over decisions like the one made in the 1st half. 4th and 1 and rather give it to KJ, we run a fake FG with the holder running the ball. We also punt on 4th and a chain link to go. Another 8-4 season is unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, Cotton_Chase said:

I can’t get over decisions like the one made in the 1st half. 4th and 1 and rather give it to KJ, we run a fake FG with the holder running the ball. We also punt on 4th and a chain link to go. Another 8-4 season is unacceptable.

The only time I can ever remember Gus going for it (as a head coach) on 4th and inches was the 2013 Iron Bowl. We didn't convert, but i was glad we still attempted it.

Just now, Cotton_Chase said:

Yeah especially with the way we had run the ball at that point. However, wasn’t the 4th and inches on our side of the field though? IIRC that was around our 35 or so. Don’t blame him for punting there. 

3 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

The “mood” might’ve been better, but there would still be the negative comments from the usual suspects being made on the weekely threads. 8-1 or 7-2, our stance going into this week is the same. Beat UGA, and the path to the SEC title is still open.

Im not advocating that we should be okay with any of the poor decisions that have been made over this season, but you would think that reading some of these comments that we were producing results like Arkansas. 

I think our teams mantra is perfect for the situation. Remembered In November. We either win and Gus saves his job for the next year, or he will be fired for his November struggles should we lose. To come into a positives thread and pile on is fruitless. Everyone knows what’s at stake this weekend. It’s not a surprise.

We have beaten every time that we SHOULD'VE beaten. Gus has shown progress, but the end results are can he win the big games? Until he does, he will have harsh criticism. He does not deserve praise. He definitely deserves a tip of the hat though.

Archived