Praise for Coach Malzahn

AUJedi

32 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Had he beaten LSU, people would be just as critical so it wouldn’t really change much other than a UGA loss causing more of a meltdown than it would now. 

Let me ask you this, how many members here could handle a straight up loss to UGA this weekend? Or is any loss considered blowing it?

Why the hell would people be critical of Gus if he had beaten LSU?

AU would likely be ranked in the top 5 going into the UGA game with very little doubt that Auburn was a true contender.  Critics wouldn’t have that LSU second half meltdown to revert back to and throw doubt towards our coaches.

A loss to UGA is unacceptable,  AU shouldn’t lose 4 in a freaking row to our rivals.  At some point this Head Coach has to step up and prove he can handle the job.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Not much praise from me. Can't imagine beating GA with running KJ all game or subbing in a newbie RB with no real pressure with game time experience. Sucks knowing we're gonna get creamed by #1 & #2 at home again. I'm done with believing in Gus. 

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, is probably a duck.

Looks like a bammer troll, acts like a bammer troll, talks like a bammer troll, is probably a bammer troll.

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

AU would likely be ranked in the top 5 going into the UGA game with very little doubt that Auburn was a true contender.  Critics wouldn’t have that LSU second half meltdown to revert back to and throw doubt towards our coaches.

A loss to UGA is unacceptable,  AU shouldn’t lose 4 in a freaking row to our rivals.  At some point this Head Coach has to step up and prove he can handle the job.

So he loses to UGA...it’s unacceptable, everybody gets that.. It’s like the rallying battle cry for the Torch and Pitchfork crowd. Beat UGA or else. Everyone knows that. It’s just exhausting to here in every thread.  I know if Gus does not do what he needs to do to keep his job, he will lose it. For the first time in two years Auburn has a healthy starting QB going into this game. The OP was just trying to shine a little optimism on the last two games. It’s enough Fire Gus threads around already.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Looks like a bammer troll, acts like a bammer troll, talks like a bammer troll, is probably a bammer troll.

Sounds like it....

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

If he beat LSU people would of been critical. They would have been another of the should of beat teams, that is down, that doesn't prove anything.  People were critical going into the game and they have been critical in every victory we have had since the Clemson game.

Yes he deserved criticism for LSU and if he gets slapped by UGA he deserves criticism.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

For me, this season came down to 4 games; Clemson, LSU, UGA, and UA.  I thought we would win 2 to 3 out of those 4.  We very easily should be 2-0 in those game right now. However, due to stubbornness, unpreparedness, bad play calling, lack of adjustments, and bad personnel usage we sit at 0-2.  Each of those causations come down to one area of the team, coaching.  Throughout the season I've been hoping to see some type of shift away from those issues. I haven't seen it...except maybe in preparation. 

We now are facing the #1 and #2 teams in the country, who happen to be our biggest rivals and perennial season defing games. Athletically we match up across the board with both teams. However, nothing that I've seen so far from the offensive staff gives me confidence that we can go toe to toe with them.  Saban and Smart are defensive masters that adjust on the fly and make teams one dimensional and easy to defend.  Will our offensive master be willing or be able to make the adjustments necessary? I hope so, but nothing so far has reinforced that hope.

Pressure, paranoia, and an incessant need to try and prove he is the smartest coach on the field lead Gus to coach from a strange place. Unfortunately, I expect at some point to see the statue of liberty 5 minute deep post, a hidden player, or a tackle split wide waving his arms calling for the pass. 

I hope we win and I hope Gus proves me wrong.  

god hate to say this could be the best post you ever made.............did I say hate to say this.............

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

For me, this season came down to 4 games; Clemson, LSU, UGA, and UA.  I thought we would win 2 to 3 out of those 4.  We very easily should be 2-0 in those game right now. However, due to stubbornness, unpreparedness, bad play calling, lack of adjustments, and bad personnel usage we sit at 0-2.  Each of those causations come down to one area of the team, coaching.  Throughout the season I've been hoping to see some type of shift away from those issues. I haven't seen it...except maybe in preparation. 

We now are facing the #1 and #2 teams in the country, who happen to be our biggest rivals and perennial season defing games. Athletically we match up across the board with both teams. However, nothing that I've seen so far from the offensive staff gives me confidence that we can go toe to toe with them.  Saban and Smart are defensive masters that adjust on the fly and make teams one dimensional and easy to defend.  Will our offensive master be willing or be able to make the adjustments necessary? I hope so, but nothing so far has reinforced that hope.

Pressure, paranoia, and an incessant need to try and prove he is the smartest coach on the field lead Gus to coach from a strange place. Unfortunately, I expect at some point to see the statue of liberty 5 minute deep post, a hidden player, or a tackle split wide waving his arms calling for the pass. 

I hope we win and I hope Gus proves me wrong.  

Perfectly said!

I don't think we match up as well as some hope, wish or think. If we line up and blow them off the ball I will acknowledge I am wrong. These games, like most, will be won or lost at the point of attack. Can we man up? 

Look, bama is winning with a handful of offensive plays. They man up and punch you in the mouth. They  execute. They win their battles. Period. 

Our oline has to step it up. Our dline, uh overall D has to step it up. Don't get me started on special teams. 

4 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

So he loses to UGA...it’s unacceptable, everybody gets that... It’s like the rallying battle cry for the Torch and Pitchfork crowd. Beat UGA or else. Everyone knows that. It’s just exhausting to here in every thread.  I know if Gus does not do what he needs to do to keep his job, he will lose it. For the first time in two years, Auburn has a healthy starting QB going into this game. The OP was just trying to shine a little optimism on the last two games. It’s enough Fire Gus threads around already.

Oh, so you are one of those guys

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh, so you are one of those guys

He's not wrong though. A healthy sw wins last year going away.

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's not wrong though.

Never said he was wrong. I will say that is not an excuse, as UGA has not been good the last two years. UGA had a hurt QB in 2015 and beat us running the wildcat. Isn't that a staple of Gus Malzhan offense? Last year UGA team lost to Vanderbilt. They had a true freshman QB playing against us. They beat us without scoring one offensive TD. Why wasn't the JUCO Gus recruited ready?

i have never seen an AU coach misuse talent like this guy....this team is talented enough to be 9-0, and should be 9-0 except for our idiot savant doing things that a good high school coach would know better than to do....granted, we have problems at both OT spots,but i blame that on the fry cook that is coaching them

Time for Auburn fans to get behind this team and coaching staff for this Georgia game. Forget your hate, dislike, selfishness or personal issues and get "All In". The Auburn Tigers need us Saturday, get on or get out of the way. Pickup your dislike on Sunday.

Auburn will beat Georgia Saturday November 11, 2017.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, djg0017 said:

Gus did some good things today. Far from perfect game, but better calling and decisions than other games this year. Take that how you want lol

good to see a fellow NO Saints fan!

On 11/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Amen and amen. You and I share the same sentiment. I was mad after Clemson and I was mad after LSU, but I don't want to add to the negative attitude that surely has to affect the players. They hear this stuff. There is no doubt about that. Staying positive doesn't mean you aren't realistic. It just means you choose to be positive.

The players and coaches absolutely do hear this stuff.....and so does everyone else. Beth Mowins and her side kick were saying things on the broadcast that came directly from AU fan forums. Anthony Brecht was practically quoting posts from here verbatim. These TV people are too lazy to do any research on their own so they just use what we give them. 

I think this was Gus' best coached game this season. I have been on his case all season and 99% of it was deserved. However, I am a man who will give credit when it is due, and this game does deserve some credit.

Next week will tell the tale no doubt when we face Uga. I hope we see a full 60 minute well coached game. I think we can hang with them and win if we play a game that is equal to the first half of the Ole Miss game and the 2nd half of the TAMU game with a little improvement. This could bring a win. The talent is there no doubt. It looked like JS is throwing some better balls over the middle here and there, but still no where as where it should be. I watched a game the other night that had Toledo and another team that eludes me. Toledo ran a fast spread offense that had a lot of passing over the middle mixed in with just enough other passing zones to keep the other team off balance enough to have success in Toledo's passing game.  I like Toledo's coach a good deal.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Those bammers have a bad case of barn envy don't they!

11 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

If any coach outside of Gus had done it..some would have anointed them as brilliant and say something like “why can’t Gus think like that” Bottom line it was a good coaching call. If you can say he makes a bad call you can also say he makes a good one.

You do realize that he made the call hoping to get the ball back and try to take a shot. I doubt seriously he had a lot of faith in getting a block into the end zone and 7 points since we haven’t done that under him that can remember. Worked out nicely for him but just don’t think that was his plan. If he gets any credit it would be that he stayed out of the way starting the third quarter and let Chip continue to play for the win instead of telling him to go into prevent mode.

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Time for Auburn fans to get behind this team and coaching staff for this Georgia game. Forget your hate, dislike, selfishness or personal issues and get "All In". The Auburn Tigers need us Saturday, get on or get out of the way. Pickup your dislike on Sunday.

Auburn will beat Georgia Saturday November 11, 2017.

Fans will always be behind the players. That won't stop and hasn't. The coaching staff needs to do what they get paid to do because after all, most of them are making a salary off this. That is how they are shown their support.

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You do realize that he made the call hoping to get the ball back and try to take a shot. I doubt seriously he had a lot of faith in getting a block into the end zone and 7 points since we haven’t done that under him that can remember. Worked out nicely for him but just don’t think that was his plan. If he gets any credit it would be that he stayed out of the way starting the third quarter and let Chip continue to play for the win instead of telling him to go into prevent mode.

they clearly were coming after the punt. how could you or anyone know factually what he was thinking? it was just a good call to use the timeouts either for the block or a chance to get the offense on the field. regardless it was good call he should get credit for

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

The players and coaches absolutely do hear this stuff.....and so does everyone else. Beth Mowins and her side kick were saying things on the broadcast that came directly from AU fan forums. Anthony Brecht was practically quoting posts from here verbatim. These TV people are too lazy to do any research on their own so they just use what we give them. 

When I was in school I saw players in the computer labs reading these very forums. Doubting that has stopped. In this day of social media probably even more tuned in.

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think this was Gus' best coached game this season. I have been on his case all season and 99% of it was deserved. However, I am a man who will give credit when it is due, and this game does deserve some credit.

Next week will tell the tale no doubt when we face Uga. I hope we see a full 60 minute well coached game. I think we can hang with them and win if we play a game that is equal to the first half of the Ole Miss game and the 2nd half of the TAMU game with a little improvement. This could bring a win. The talent is there no doubt. It looked like JS is throwing some better balls over the middle here and there, but still no where as where it should be. I watched a game the other night that had Toledo and another team that eludes me. Toledo ran a fast spread offense that had a lot of passing over the middle mixed in with just enough other passing zones to keep the other team off balance enough to have success in Toledo's passing game.  I like Toledo's coach a good deal.

I feel the same way about Memphis O. I just like the way they run their O.

Archived