Oklahoma at Oklahoma State

around4ever

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I'd love our offense to play like this, but I couldn't handle defense this bad. Like I said, its 7 on 7 for these quarterbacks. All day to do whatever they want.

I think it is more a case of both teams having good offensive lines, and both offenses being very capable of punishing you severely for going after the quarterback regularly.  Oklahoma State has punished Mayfield for his tendency to hold on to the ball too long on more than one occasion in this game.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

I think it is more a case of both teams having good offensive lines, and both offenses being very capable of punishing you severely for going after the quarterback regularly.  Oklahoma State has punished Mayfield for his tendency to hold on to the ball too long on more than one occasion in this game.

He's thrown for 600 yards. Punishment is what he's given, if anything.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

The guy targeted and yet they still give the INT? So Weird

No.  Penalty enforced, Oklahoma State retains possession.

Big decision there....gives ball to the cowboys after the penalty

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Overthrown! So stupid

When you have a minute left and two timeouts remaining, there is no need to go for it all on 4th and 8.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

When you have a minute left and two timeouts remaining, there is no need to go for it all on 4th and 8.

agreed. Their kicker had made a 53 yarder as well. The run play was bad playcall in hindsight

Just now, Randman5000 said:

agreed. Their kicker had made a 53 yarder as well. The run on third down was bad playcall in hindsight

It is probably not a call I would have made, but I did understand it.  Okie State has been able to run the ball effectively, and they did have time.

10 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

It is probably not a call I would have made, but I did understand it.  Okie State has been able to run the ball effectively, and they did have time.

It's amazing how analytical, understanding and even accepting folks are about that kind of situation when AU's coaches are not involved...:)

Archived