Oklahoma at Oklahoma State

around4ever

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

It's amazing how analytical, understanding and even accepting folks are about that kind of situation when AU's coaches are not involved...:)

I have not seen many Auburn fans questioning a running play, inside of two minutes, where Auburn has run effectively all game, when Auburn still had two timeouts and a field goal ties it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I have not seen many Auburn fans questioning a running play, inside of two minutes, where Auburn has run effectively all game, when Auburn still had two timeouts and a field goal ties it.

C'mon....AU fans question everything....  rarely does a play call meet with approval from the sidewalk superintendents ....and especially if it happens to go nowhere. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

C'mon....AU fans question everything....  rarely does a play call meet with approval from the sidewalk superintendents ....and especially if it happens to go nowhere. 

64 you know all Power 5 fans guestion everything.......... go on PSU, OSU, OKSU and FSU blogs and take a look at what they are saying about play calling.

Just now, AU64 said:

Fans of everything question things that do not work.  That is not some phenomenon exclusive to Auburn fans, nor is it representative of the things that have Auburn fans concerned.

Big 12 is interesting. The championship will almost certainly be the winner of OU-TCU next week vs. either the loser of that game if OSU wins next week, or ISU if they're able to beat OSU. So ISU is actually still in control of its own destiny. That said, I'm not betting on them beating OSU.

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

Big 12 is interesting. The championship will almost certainly be the winner of OU-TCU next week vs. either the loser of that game if OSU wins next week, or ISU if they're able to beat OSU. So ISU is actually still in control of its own destiny. That said, I'm not betting on them beating OSU.

I would not have bet on Iowa State beating Oklahoma or TCU either.  That said, it is doubtful that Oklahoma State overlooks them, which I think was a factor in their wins over the other two.

I don’t think TCU was overlooking them. JMO. Both are coming off dissapointing losses, but ISU controls its destiny in the Big 12 and OSU doesn’t, plus in OSU’s case it was to their arch rival and this was supposed to be “their year” to beat them. So I think there’s a possibility OSU won’t quite be up for it.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I don’t think TCU was overlooking them. JMO. Both are coming off dissapointing losses, but ISU controls its destiny in the Big 12 and OSU doesn’t, plus in OSU’s case it was to their arch rival and this was supposed to be “their year” to beat them. So I think there’s a possibility OSU won’t quite be up for it.

TCU was not focused and shot themselves in the foot repeatedly when they played Iowa State.  That was definitely not the TCU team that I had watched play several other games.  It was like watching the Mercer game all over again.  I suspect it is probably difficult for a coach to get his team to not overlook Iowa State most of the time, though they have definitely emerged as an opponent not to be taken for granted.

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

64 you know all Power 5 fans guestion everything.......... go on PSU, OSU, OKSU and FSU blogs and take a look at what they are saying about play calling.

I expect you are correct.   I thought most of the really good play calling coaches were on this site....must be more of them out there than I realized.  Makes me wonder why schools have so much trouble finding good OCs when there must be a pool of thousands of outstanding candidates available....but as yet, undiscovered. :)

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I expect you are correct.   I thought most of the really good play calling coaches were on this site....must be more of them out there than I realized.  Makes me wonder why schools have so much trouble finding good OCs when there must be a pool of thousands of outstanding candidates available....but as yet, undiscovered. :)

Well hell I'm available 

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well hell I'm available 

I could be too but don't think I can afford to give up my Social Security.   Not sure about you but I just can't take the pay cut at my age. 

Archived