#1, #2, (with prayers) sec championship

auburnatl1

When in the past 20 years has any team had a more brutal month and a better opportunity for atonement than we have in front of us? Aside from the fire-em-all/Gus is stubborn and unfixable/coaches are idiots (every 5 year au cycle)/possessed by Satan/etc. faction - no one can disagree the next several weeks is pretty darn compelling stuff.  And against our absolute natural rivals. As had been said, the national championship goes through Auburn. Yes, the LSU game was a brain fart and hurt. Let’s move on at least till thanksgiving - we can always fire everyone later. This is as good as it friggin gets. Enjoy it.

I want to believe but I have no faith in Gus to get the job done. We can't beat elite teams with two pass plays and two run plays. Oline is extremely shaky and Defense has regressed this year as well. 

That said... WDE!

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I want to believe but I have no faith in Gus to get the job done. We can't beat elite teams with two pass plays and two run plays. Oline is extremely shaky and Defense has regressed this year as well. 

That said... WDE!

Totally agree

Just now, looney said:

So why watch the game at all?

It's more fun if you TRY to have a little faith.

low expectations and just hoping to see that look on nickys and son of sabans face.!

2 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

I'll be completely surprised if AU has a chance in the 4th quarter to hang with the#1 or #2 team... Maybe even the 3rd quarter

Watching Bama and UGA today... neither is unbeatable.  We have TALENT.  Do we have the talent to overcome some poor decisions?  We shall soon see!

(Also, your Crucial Conflict forum-name is amazing ::high-five::)

6 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

I'll be completely surprised if AU has a chance in the 4th quarter to hang with the#1 or #2 team... Maybe even the 3rd quarter

Our defense will keep us in most games. However if our offense looks anything like Clemson/2nd half of LSU, it won't be pretty. Bama is gonna be Bama, but Georgia hasn't played anyone besides Notre Dame. Not saying UGA isn't good, but i dont think theyre the #1 team in the country 

Both UGA and UAT will maul an offense that runs the same plays they have all year.   Saban uses his cast of a thousand "analysts" to pick apart tendencies.  Did you notice how there were usually 2-3 players waiting on LSU 's jet sweep?   My hope is that the Chip and Dip show has saved some wrinkles off of the 5 plays we run that will keep both defenses honest.    That said, both of those teams are beatable.   We have player talent......

If Auburn shows up with an aggressive game plan, and scores touchdowns instead of field goals, both games are winnable.  Run, run, bomb, punt will not be sufficient.  Both teams have to be attacked, they will adjust, and adjustments must be countered.  If Gus is ever going to coach to win, instead of coaching not to lose, it will have to be against those two teams.

This could be the greatest Amen Corner in a long time.  I have seen a lot of signs that look like we might be up to the task and a lot that we are not.  Special teams are becoming a huge issue with this team.  Since when do we get kicks blocked and kicks returned?  Our punters used to be some of the best in the country now they are terrible.  Bear used to say special teams will get you beat quicker than anything else and ours are taking the special right out of the team.  

It one of those situations where you think something bad will happen and you try to get around it somehow, but it ends up happening anyway.   That’s how I feel about special teams and I think the team is starting to think the same way.   Expecting something to go wrong.   Hopefully it gets fixed.    Not sure punting will get fixed this year.   Hoping field goals do

I honestly haven't been overall impressed with UGA all year given their competition or lack there of. That being said if you shut down the run game and keep Godwin from beating you deep they are VERY beatable. They have been dependant on the run game all season and Fromm is very suspect to making freshman mistakes. We will be the best defense and offense they will have faced all season ( sorry Norte dame) 

If we just play 60 mins with reckless abandon, I sincerely believe we have the ability to beat uga straight up - heck, we might even be the better, more complete team. Bama could require a few 2013-type divine intervention moments. 

Just the crazy potential of beating uga twice in 3 weeks is absolutely perfect

The only way we beat UGA this week is if the team steps up their game and exceeds their average performance against teams. 

If you look at it from the standpoint of how each team holds their opponents to their season averages meaning do they score more and give up less than their opponents norm we are at about a 10 point disadvantage. 

They will I'll need to find an extra gear this week.

It's nice to know going into the last 2 SEC games you have a chance to win the SEC by beating the 2 teams you would have to beat every year anyway. Now one game at a time. We have given away the last 2 Georgia games when we had better teams.

This Georgia team is very beatable, again, but it's better than their last 2 teams. AU and UGa are more evenly matched this year. We have to have a defense more like we had earlier in the year along with a solid offensive performance. Good play calling, good run defense, better secondary play, we are at home, so JUST DO IT ALREADY.

K

57 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I honestly haven't been overall impressed with UGA all year given their competition or lack there of. That being said if you shut down the run game and keep Godwin from beating you deep they are VERY beatable. They have been dependant on the run game all season and Fromm is very suspect to making freshman mistakes. We will be the best defense and offense they will have faced all season ( sorry Norte dame) 

This . Great opportunity for AU 

Every year Gus has had a great game plan up his sleeve for the Bama game. Watch the games, we might be pleasantly surprised! We might be a top 10 team by tomorrow night and you guys have thrown in the towel. 

Archived