#1, #2, (with prayers) sec championship

auburnatl1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We might be a top 10 team by tomorrow night and you guys have thrown in the towel. 

Already are in the Coaches Poll. But that's typically when Gus shats the bed.

I had the rare opportunity to watch both UGA and uat yesterday.  Uat looked weak in areas vs LSU, nd they are thin on D with 3-4 lbs out.  Hurts didn’t impress me at all, shut down that run game and I’d we open up a heavy passing game we beat them.

UGA looks decent, but very similar to uat.....shut down that run game and open up Stidham & our passing game and AU finds themselves in ATL.

With good preparation and thinking outside the box on O, this is doable.

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

I had the rare opportunity to watch both UGA and uat yesterday.  Uat looked weak in areas vs LSU, nd they are thin on D with 3-4 lbs out.  Hurts didn’t impress me at all, shut down that run game and I’d we open up a heavy passing game we beat them.

UGA looks decent, but very similar to uat.....shut down that run game and open up Stidham & our passing game and AU finds themselves in ATL.

I watched both games, too. Won't be surprised if Vegas makes AU a favorite against Georgia. Alabama is a good team, but we have the talent and speed on defense to limit Hurts in the rushing game. Stopping him will be key. 

Both games are very, very winnable at home.

13 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

Seriously doubt we will be the favorites against GA. I would think it would be GA by 3 or 4. 

The early lines AU was favored by 2  1/2 over UGA and 10 point underdog to Bama.

My demented way of thinking:

All we have to do is beat Georgia this week.  It would send shock waves thru Saban's locker room and boost our confidence at the same time.  Plus, they just lost 2 great defensive players for the year.  And they have to come to our house and play.  Under those circumstances, and with our talent, I'd like our chances.

Then anything could happen in the SEC Championship game.  UGA's young QB is probably due to lose a game all by himself at some point.  Why not then?

But first we have to beat UGA this week.  And as luck would have it, I must miss the game due to niece's wedding.

4 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

But first we have to beat UGA this week.  And as luck would have it, I must miss the game due to niece's wedding.

10 years ago, a crisis. But with a 4g smartphone and ear buds....... watch Jason Bourne a few times for inspiration and with proper prep and disguise, they'll  never catch you!!!

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

10 years ago, a crisis. But with a 4g smartphone and ear buds....... watch Jason Bourne a few times for inspiration and with proper prep and disguise, they'll  never catch you!!!

Yep, 4g phone and ear buds.

8 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Beat #4 Ole Miss in 2014.

Meh, two teams that were overrated and proved average to mediocre when it was all said and done. But you’re right, it seemed like a big game at the time, if playing Ole Miss can ever be considered a big game.

5 hours ago, keesler said:

I saw the same things . AU has a better dfront than LSU . AU should have beat LSU by 35. Bama got pushed around at times . Both secondary’s are suspect to the long ball which stidham is fantastic at. Ga may run into a buzzsaw come Saturday 

the most maddening is that I share a lot of your sentiments. Georgia and Bama are very good, but VERY WINNABLE. The pieces are there for us to take. We're in a prime position to crash CFP as a 2-loss team. This is as good as it gets!

However, given Gus' track record against our biggest rivals-- I can't help but fear we may show up woefully unprepared.

12 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

the most maddening is that I share a lot of your sentiments. Georgia and Bama are very good, but VERY WINNABLE. The pieces are there for us to take. We're in a prime position to crash CFP as a 2-loss team. This is as good as it gets!

However, given Gus' track record against our biggest rivals-- I can't help but fear we may show up woefully unprepared.

That's just it though, Gus has had plenty of time to prepare.  He's got a loaded staff with GA's that should've been watching film, and breaking down tendencies for the past 4 weeks..  Seriously after the LSU loss, I'm sure Gus commissioned a platoon of staffers to get on the game prep for UGA & UAT to some extent.

There are no excuses for showing up to your own backyard brawl ill prepared against one of your most hated enemies.  Gus has been a HC more than twice as long as Kirby Smart, Gus gets the edge in experience for big games like this.

Where were all the people claiming we are running Kerryon into the ground when Tre Mason was averaging 31 carries per game over the last 6 games of 2013? We had a pretty capable backup then as well who would run for 1600 yards the following season.

I know Kerryon has a bit more of an injury history than Tre did at the time and I suspect if Pettway were 100% we'd see more split carries than we are now.  I also think Kerryon was very much needed for the long drive to seal the game.

22 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Where were all the people claiming we are running Kerryon into the ground when Tre Mason was averaging 31 carries per game over the last 6 games of 2013? We had a pretty capable backup then as well who would run for 1600 yards the following season.

I know Kerryon has a bit more of an injury history than Tre did at the time and I suspect if Pettway were 100% we'd see more split carries than we are now.  I also think Kerryon was very much needed for the long drive to seal the game.

Because KJ is more injury prone than Tre folks feel like he shouldn't be run into the ground with his tongue hanging down to his chin strap. We'd like to see backups get serious reps in the event one of KJ's injuries flares up again.....You know, a "Plan B" would be a nice weapon to have loaded and ready at the end of a gruesome schedule like ours.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Because KJ is more injury prone than Tre folks feel like he shouldn't be run into the ground with his tongue hanging down to his chin strap. We'd like to see backups get serious reps in the event one of KJ's injuries flares up again.....You know, a "Plan B" would be a nice weapon to have loaded and ready at the end of a gruesome schedule like ours.

I understand "Plan B".  But I also understand sticking with the hot hand.  KJ was running like a man possessed last weekend.  When a RB starts running like that it energizes the OL and they block better.  It gets takes the crowd out of it (on the rd).  If they would have taken him out and gone a couple of 3 & outs then everyone would have been complaining this week about "why did he take KJ out".  "Why didn't he stay with the hot hand".  It is a no win situation.  KMart was in on several plays and is getting better.  I expect him to get carries & playing time again this week.  But if KJ is running over people & throwing them to the ground then I hope we ride him until he taps out.  KJ knows his body and as CGM says he is a smart player.  If he is winded too much or needs a break he will tap out.

People keep mentioning Gus' inability to make adjustments or be aggressive. Yes he has proven that to be a fact over the past 5 years but I think there is glimmer of hope. I honestly feel like the LSU game taught him a huge lesson. He was happy to be leading and got complacent. The next week against Arkansas he goes to the half with an 11 point lead and stuck his foot on their throat in the third quarter instead of just trying to maintain a lead. Then against A&M he played the most aggressive final minute or two I have ever seen to end the 2nd quarter. Gus three weeks ago would have never use timeouts to force that punt. 

If we come out to win against UGA and bama anything can happen. 

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

I understand "Plan B".  But I also understand sticking with the hot hand.  KJ was running like a man possessed last weekend.  When a RB starts running like that it energizes the OL and they block better.  It gets takes the crowd out of it (on the rd).  If they would have taken him out and gone a couple of 3 & outs then everyone would have been complaining this week about "why did he take KJ out".  "Why didn't he stay with the hot hand".  It is a no win situation.  KMart was in on several plays and is getting better.  I expect him to get carries & playing time again this week.  But if KJ is running over people & throwing them to the ground then I hope we ride him until he taps out.  KJ knows his body and as CGM says he is a smart player.  If he is winded too much or needs a break he will tap out.

This is my thought, if we started resting KJ earlier in that game, I'm not sure we have a 13 play 96 yard drive that took over 8 minutes off the clock and that could have been a very different ending if we didn't go up 22 and grind a ton of time off the clock.

4 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

I honestly feel like the LSU game taught him a huge lesson. He was happy to be leading and got complacent.

So....the championship game from the 2013 season didn't teach him that lesson? I know you all mean well. Your optimism is admirable..it really is....but c'mon man.

13 hours ago, WFE12 said:

So....the championship game from the 2013 season didn't teach him that lesson? I know you all mean well. Your optimism is admirable..it really is....but c'mon man.

True but since then it has never actually looked like he got it. The glimmer of hope I see is the fact there has been visible evidence that it may have sunk in. 

On 11/4/2017 at 10:27 PM, Tiger96 said:

Our defense will keep us in most games. However if our offense looks anything like Clemson/2nd half of LSU, it won't be pretty. Bama is gonna be Bama, but Georgia hasn't played anyone besides Notre Dame. Not saying UGA isn't good, but i dont think theyre the #1 team in the country 

Notre Dame is like the 3rd team in the nation lol 

Archived