Gus would be wise to look around

aubiefifty

13 hours ago, Beaker said:

I stand by this point and not sure many on this thread get this: we have these consistent 8-4 seasons b/c we recruited top 10 classes evey yr and have poor coaching..    The recruiting is drying up (we won't have a 5th consecutive top 10 class this yr I don't think).  and if we maintain status quo (8-4 and losing annually to UGA and bama), the talent will dry up to the point 6-6 will become a new 'norm'.    

Something has to change is all I am saying.

Exactamundo

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m just not sure auburn can ever get to a consistent 10 win team.   It never has so why do people think we can?   Just from a competitive standpoint, AU plays one of the toughest schedules in the country year in and year out.   Right now, there are three coaches I can think of that have had their tams with consistent 10 win seasons(saban, Meyer and Dabo).  We aren’t getting any of them.   I’m all for letting Gus go, I’m just not sure AU will ever be the team is consistently winning 10 games a year . 

If Clemson can, then Auburn can.

1 hour ago, gulftiger66 said:

I keep looking for Gus.  Am I missing something?

Wasn't the point of my post, but yes. Missing Gus?

18 hours ago, keesler said:

This is true.  But teams like UF/UT/LSU/UAT/UGA would fire their coaches if all they could muster was 8 wins a year.  

I will say this, if Gus were actually winning 9 games a year including his bowl games then I think fans would be more reasonable. 

The unfortunate fact is he's averaging 8 wins total and sits at 1-3 in bowl games, that just won't cut it at a place like Auburn.  If that's all CGM can do then he should take his services to Mizzou or Arky.

If we can’t beat UG or UA, then all I can say is pleeeeease don’t match us with a 10 win team...

Archived