Bama Players paid for autographs (merged threads)

meh130

8 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Too old. 

Exactly. I want to know what they are doing now and what's been going on for the last four years. 

IRREFUTABLE POOF!!!

2 hours ago, Tiger96 said:

When a reporter asked him how he felt about becoming an All-American, he said "I knewd i was good, but I didn't knew I was that good." Bama education for ya lol 

Appears he was the kid:

Later, Cody was talking about being on track to graduate in May and said he still needed two more classes. Somebody asked him what his degree was in. He paused, stammered for a few seconds, looked up and smiled and then muttered something under his breath.

“I keep forgetting it … consumer science, I think,” Cody said.

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/17193/comedy-hour-with-mount-cody-

• WarTiger changed the title to Bama Players paid for autographs (merged threads)

Well at least the story came out. Hope more of them do.

But if nothing happened over the Warmack deal then nothing will happen over this. 

I'm sure Emmert is all over this. If Emmert saw them sign and then receive money for it, he wouldn't do anything about it, just like he's not going to do anything about it now.

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I'm sure Emmert is all over this. If Emmert saw them sign and then receive money for it, he wouldn't do anything about it, just like he's not going to do anything about it now.

Heck Emmert is probably one of the fans who paid for an autograph...

I figured it would have been after Saban retired and possibly passed before some of the skeletons started to come out of the closet on how he built his "empire".  At the beggining of his run for several years lots of players posting photos with stacks of cash, stories of schools getting big donations, players with cars they obviously can't afford, coaches giving out "loans", stacks of jerseys being signed out of the goodness of their hearts, etc.... Obviously now there's no reason to pay players as they are tripping over themselves to go to Bama, and who wouldn't now that it's almost a direct line to NFL and big bucks.  But what "built" that direct line to the NFL was corrupt.

Statutes of limitations must have expired otherwise there'd be a lot of broken kneecaps right about now.

13 hours ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Obviously now there's no reason to pay players

But I would be willing to wager they still do.

22 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Well we know for a fact Emmert didn't do a damn thing about Johnny F'ing Football signing memorabilia.  And we know the NCAA turned a blind eye to JFF signing trunk loads of stuff for his parents every time he went home till his hand nearly fell off.  

He got like a half game suspension because there was no proof that he received money to sit for hours upon hours in hotel rooms at scheduled autograph sessions where photos were taken to prove authentication.:ucrazy:

Apparently, all players who accepted payments for signing autographs are being awarded honorary degrees from The School of Business. Sorry, no link. 

On 11/7/2017 at 7:33 AM, madkat7 said:

consumer science??

That's basically a degree in Wal-Mart shopping is it not?

You've seen Cody. It has to be the science of consuming... as in food. 

9 hours ago, keesler said:

Well we know for a fact Emmert didn't do a damn thing about Johnny F'ing Football signing memorabilia.  And we know the NCAA turned a blind eye to JFF signing trunk loads of stuff for his parents every time he went home till his hand nearly fell off.  

He got like a half game suspension because there was no proof that he received money to sit for hours upon hours in hotel rooms at scheduled autograph sessions where photos were taken to prove authentication.:ucrazy:

Proof that he personally got paid.....that was the issue and supposedly the difference here.  The bammer players allegedly pocketed the money themselves just like Terrelle Pryor at tOSU. 

If the NCAA wanted to follow the bammer money trail they could find so many things a whole lot bigger than autographs. 

Archived