Injuries heading into UGA Game

thaitopher

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We do know that when we have one healthy upperclassmen RB and we should be getting other backs experience and not running him into the ground. 

The coaching staff has informed opinions, we fans have uninformed opinions. How would we like it if a substitute RB missed a block and allowed Stidham to get blasted and knocked out for the season? What I'm saying is there's more to these decisions than "KJ needs some rest and some subs need experience".

Just now, Mikey said:

The coaching staff has informed opinions, we fans have uninformed opinions. How would we like it if a substitute RB missed a block and allowed Stidham to get blasted and knocked out for the season? What I'm saying is there's more to these decisions than "KJ needs some rest and some subs need experience".

It’s part of the game. Our O staff sure looks informed at times don’t they? When they can’t make adjustments... they couldve protected stidham a lot better behind an inconsistent oline if so with simple adjustments. We always wonder why we don’t have capable backups, that is why, this exact mindset

Guys keep this to the injury thread.  Complaining about coaching has nothing to do about the topic.

I agree Maverick AU. Pass protection means nothing on a designed run call. UGA and Bama defenses are best we've seen since Clemson. Yes, T& M had a good sack total, but regardless, why not spell KJ for at least 12 to 15 rushes a game. UGA has great backs and can afford to rotate them keeping them fresh. On non passing plays, let's see what Martin and Barrett can do. If they don't block as well as KJ in practice, that's one thing, but the bottom line is some guys perform better in games than practice. It is going to come down to our OL and how well they protect JS. 

22 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was under the impression that we wouldn't see Bubba again until bowl season. Did I miss something? 

Not sure on this. You could be right. Injuries of this nature are difficult to project when the player will come back. I hope it is sooner than later.

Should looking at a new strength and conditioning coach be a priority? I remember heath evans saying only having 1 guy benching over 500lbs is a lot different than when he played. I know people joke about bench press but I'm only bringing it up because it seems we are a weaker team than we used to have before and very injury prone. Thoughts?

11 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Is there an update on our three offensive lineman? Saw a site that had them questionable. Didn’t Dunn play the entire game last week?

Dunn is good to go. No one knows yet if Horton and James will be healthy enough to be effective. Probably a game time decision.

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

It’s encouraging that the Oline looked good with Tega and Harrell.

I think Tega is going to be something special before his days are through. Reminds me of Michael Oher from the blind side but with a little more of a mean streak. Every lineman needs to have the mean streak that Braden Smith has.  It was entertaining when he flattened the skinny DB of TAMU. That was brutal! 

Did Sammons get to play?  He reminds me a lot of Tega and could one day be on the other side of the OL.  Ashley will move to the guard spot that Smith will vacate after this season.

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

What's wrong with Javaris?

For a few weeks he has been dealing with a hamstring injury

22 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

I agree Maverick AU. Pass protection means nothing on a designed run call. UGA and Bama defenses are best we've seen since Clemson. Yes, T& M had a good sack total, but regardless, why not spell KJ for at least 12 to 15 rushes a game. UGA has great backs and can afford to rotate them keeping them fresh. On non passing plays, let's see what Martin and Barrett can do. If they don't block as well as KJ in practice, that's one thing, but the bottom line is some guys perform better in games than practice. It is going to come down to our OL and how well they protect JS. 

Do you mean limit KJ to 12-15 rushes a game? Because he is getting spelled much more than that on average this season. In games KJ has played we have averaged 19 rushes by players other than KJ and Stidham. 

For the year, in games KJ has played, he has 49% of the teams carries (including Stidham rushing attempts, take out Stidhams and KJ has 55% of the team's carries) KJ averages 23 carries per game 23 vs 19 to all others and I'd say we are spelling him pretty well. If Pettway had been healthy and not suspended all season I suspect Kerryon would be more in the 15 carries per game range.

I'm just not sure what some of you guys want to see. He's our best RB, he should be used as such and he is.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Per Greg Ostendorf:

Austin Golson starting at LT today. The starting OL (from left to right): Golson, Harrell, Dunn, Smith, James.

James has me petrified smh.

Archived