Score Prediction- Georgia

tbone1430

It's going to be a low scoring game, and the winner will only win by one or two scores.  I'm pretty sure I saw a stat last year or two years ago where the scoring margin in this game is right around, or less than, a touchdown over the entirety of this rivalry.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game really is pretty tough to predict. Our strength is our Dline and LB's. Ga.running game is their strength. I think  they will pressure JS which is something that has hurt us most of the year. If anyone gets close to him he runs and usually doesn't get far. We have run the ball pretty well this year but their D'line has been good at stopping the run. If it comes down to both teams being  good with their strengths then I would say we have the advantage. I think our QB is better than theirs.

I think it comes down to QB play. I think both teams strengths negate each other, our D versus their running attack. Fromm will be playing in the most hostile environment he has seen and probably the most hostile he will see until this same weekend two years from now. The crowd will be huge in this one by helping with one or two false starts or miscommunication and that will be the difference. 

24-21 AU

turnovers and running game. If Auburn can force Frohm to throw more than 30 times I like our chances. In addition whichever defensive line can penetrate and slow the running game is key. Last thing Auburn has to stay ahead of the chains and get the pace going early.

30-27 Au

On paper, I think we match up extremely well with UGA.  However, I'm not picking Gus in a big game again until he shows me he can get it done.

Leg Humpers - 27

Auburn - 24

Not Smart enough to challenge the oddsmakers, but Vegas may be neglecting Mr. Carlson's savings account (current balance appears to be down to those FGs he socked away at A&M). He cashes in and we win 27-24.

One game at a time, but step 1 to tieing the DSOR.

WDE

I think if we come to play and Gus doesn't get in his own head, we win this one big. 38-17. I just don't see it being close if Auburn shows up. That stadium and crowd are going to be so hostile. The defense is going to feed off of it. 

27-20 Dogs, and I do mean they are dogs! In Gus I do not trust! thus the reason for the score. But, hoping that I am so wrong Carl..... 

Well heart says 28-17 Auburn. Then my mind takes over and reminds me Gus is still Gus, and will do what he does. Then I come up with 24-9 Georgia.

I said after the LSU game that Gus will get out of the way and we will blow everyone out until the UGA game. Then Gus will handcuff Chip and Gus will go back to tripping over his own feet. It's set up perfectly for that to happen. 

It's also set up for us to become the first 2 loss team to ever make the playoffs. Unfortunately Gus is still our coach, and always overthinks the big games.

The game being on CBS 2:30 makes me more nervous than anything else, but it will be loud this weekend.  The atmosphere leading up is pretty intense as it should be. I like the moxy of our players in their interviews this week.  After what I saw from KJ last week running the ball, he is going to do his part.  Our defense shut them down the last 2 years with nothing to show for it.  We seem to be focused, and angry with a chip on our shoulder. I can see us make a statement in this game.  I will be a little more conservative on the score prediction due to the ebbs and flow of the game (bad turnover or costly drive killing penalty).

Auburn  28-20

If Gus coaches smart: AU wins 41-31 (thUGA scores late)

If Gus coaches dumb: thUGA wins 38 - 20 

Is it realistic to fire a coach who, unlike many other teams, still has a chance to make the playoffs in November? 

UGA-31

AU- 23

like others have mentioned, Gus’s record against rivals in big games is....well bad, even when AU should have a big advantage.  J-H, talent, and the effort of the players should make it a close, exciting game, but it’s difficult for me to have confidence in this coaching staff to pull out such a major game. 

Kirby gets his clock cleaned in 2017!!!! Gus lets Chip loose and all heck breaks loose and we torch the mutts. Nothing stinks worse than burned dog hair...hair of the dog! (I love my dog folks....just had to throw that one in and think all of you know where I am coming from.)

Auburn 49  Uga 13

My heart says we win by 7 but my head says we lose by 7. I want to believe in Gus but he has let me down so many times. 

There is so much pressure on him to win this game. 

As I said last week, Auburn football under this staff is like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.  You never know what you are going to get.  I could see us winning by 20 or losing by 20.  It's a crap shoot, so just roll the dice and see what comes up.  Might be a 7, might be snake eyes and probably will be something in between.  Anyone who thinks they can predict this better get away from the sauce.  I think Georgia will be well coached and will play well but they have a freshman QB and that sometimes gets you beat in big games.  Auburn - who the hell knows.  Defense will be well coached and will probably play well but they are facing a hot offense with two great backs.  You never know what how the offense is going to be coached or how they are going to play.

3 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I feel like Charlie Brown with Lucy pulling the football out from under him and Gus is Lucy....I keep coming back...

AU 27 

UGA 24

Perfect analogy

Archived