CFP WEEK 2- Auburn at #10

WDE_OxPx_2010

Explaining the rationale behind Wisconsin's low ranking relative to their undefeated status, when there are more games to be played, is not the same thing as saying they will be left without a seat when the music stops in early December.  It is more like an endorsement that Wisconsin is expected to trip up.  If Wisconsin beats Iowa, Michigan, and then the B1G Championship Game, then they have a better resume than any one loss team out there.  They will have beaten a bunch of P5 teams, won a P5 conference championship, and not lost to anyone.

19 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

not to mention the last two big 10 teams in the playoff got beat like they stole something. I heard the talking heads say that could be a reason for the committee to have concern as it relates to Wisconsin.

If anyone on the playoff committee is using prior playoff games from other teams in the same conference as rationale for anything, then they are not doing their job.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Explaining the rationale behind Wisconsin's low ranking relative to their undefeated status, when there are more games to be played, is not the same thing as saying they will be left without a seat when the music stops in early December.  It is more like an endorsement that Wisconsin is expected to trip up.  If Wisconsin beats Iowa, Michigan, and then the B1G Championship Game, then they have a better resume than any one loss team out there.  They will have beaten a bunch of P5 teams, won a P5 conference championship, and not lost to anyone.

If anyone on the playoff committee is using prior playoff games from other teams in the same conference as rationale for anything, then they are not doing their job.

question was - is Wisconsin one of the best 4 teams or the best team from its conference ...that was there debate...i can’t say either way 

29 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

question was - is Wisconsin one of the best 4 teams or the best team from its conference ...that was there debate...i can’t say either way 

Strength of schedule is an issue.....and that weighs against Wisc.    If you look at the current rankings it seems the committee is looking for what it considers the best 4 teams....period.   Records obviously figure in but don't seem to be the primary factor.

Just notice that four one loss teams are already ranked higher than WIsc and the badgers have no future opponent that would help them jump over any of those teams unless the committee changes the way it has determined the rankings this week...so they have to depend that some of the one loss teams will take another loss late in the season. .

Somebody is going to drop of course.

Miami vs ND.....sort of an elimination game perhaps but if Miami wins, that's it for ND .

The two big Auburn games are probably elimination games for one or two of the schools in the next 3 weeks.  

TCU vs Oklahoma will probably eliminate one of them...but not both. 

Should be a good weekend for college football lovers. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

If they were to remain undefeated ? Yes . It would be hard to argue that. Like i said , this isn’t Boise state or UCF.

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2017 at 3:43 PM, AU64 said:

AU people talk about lack of respect but there we were in 2013 with a couple miracle wins playing for the title.  AU beat #1 and #2 back to back and that is plenty good enough.

I guess in the long run I was right after all. We failed to win all 4 of our last games and the one loss did give them the  opening to take 

bama over us even though we beat them.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seriously? Resurrecting a thread from Nov 9th to say you were right about something...

Thanks, Viper

Haha.  It's better than bringing back a thread from 11 years ago to tell a bunch of people no longer on the message boards they should be ashamed of themselves. At least you gave it a proper send off. :hellyeah:

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Haha.  It's better than bringing back a thread from 11 years ago to tell a bunch of people no longer on the message boards they should be ashamed of themselves. At least you gave it a proper send off. :hellyeah:

Which thread was this?

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seriously? Resurrecting a thread from Nov 9th to say you were right about something...

Thanks, Viper

Thanks for looking after me ....I'm so rarely right on stuff like this it does not cross my mind to share that with others...:)

Archived