I wish we would play McLain in the TE spot

gr82b4au

Love sandwich... Cannella is a great blocker w/ great measurables. I wish he would improve his ability to catch the ball b/c there are others that may step up and fill his role if he doesn’t correct that. I love the way he blocks and think he has a lot of unrealized potential.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I haven't torn aby one down. I haven't spoken badly about anyone. 

However that doesn't change the fact college athletes ARE NOT KIDS. Like i said, my 13 year old and 8 year old are kids. 

And you couldn't be further from the truth. Every single scholarship athlete that signs with an SEC program isn't just a college student wanting a degree, they are wanting to be professional athletes. If they are just wanting a degree, they go to smaller schools, not the SEC which is NFL lite. 

I get the whole student athlete thing. I get that every one of them KNOWS they can't play football forever, but you are out of your mind if you think every, a majority, or even a minority of the SEC scholarship athletes "just want a degree." 

You sign a football scholarship with a SEC program, you think you are good enough to make it to the NFL. You HAVE to be that confident. And things come with signing with a big name program, and criticism is one of them. 

You are wrong plain and simple. The term "college kids" is used often for a reason. No one is suggesting that these players are like an 8 year old or a 13 year old developmentally . College students are well known for using poor judgement and making bone-headed decisions BECAUSE they are NOT ADULTS yet.- Your thinking is still stuck in the last century.

I'm done with this topic. There's no point in going back and forth with you. But if it were your child being criticized on a public forum you would feel much different. Jake Holland's family did not appreciate the beating he took here. It turns out that he played injured and was never 100% which affected his abilities to a large extent. Posters were so hard on him but guess what? They didn't have the whole story. He was a good kid and he was selfless but people were absolutely hateful. 

I am not going to take part in anything like that.

Archived