Tuberville on next AD

WFE12

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Auburn people set fire to the athletic department and I think it's time we hire a non-AU person to fix this mess with an unbiased set of eyes and who doesn't give a damn about the good ole boy network.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I'd rather have a successful CEO of a large company with no coaching experience than a coach with no experience running a large organization or athletic department. 

Auburn ties shouldn't be a pre-req or even a consideration, in my opinion. That being said, if the right man for the job has Auburn ties, I won't complain. Just get the best person.

Full disclosure, I lean hard positive on you guys, but seriously, alla dis.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

BOT doesn’t like him. They know that if they hire Tubberville, it will actually be Tubberville running the athletic department, if you can imagine such a thing.

Isnt that just how fate works with Auburn though 

everyone blames jj and he does deserve a lot of the criticism but the bo'st have screwed it up as well. who the hell wants to come to auburn when you cannot hire and fire your own coaches as you see fit? they would not allow kirby when he applied for the job. and what about the tcu coach. when he left i believe he felt like maybe he had wasted his time? i will always believe this is why we hire the "little" guys instead of big name coaches. if my azz is on the line i want to run the show my way. i would hate to be fired because i had to maybe take someone as an assistant that might not be up to snuff. to get the right guy i think we need to get out of our ow way. i think tubs see's that. not that i want tubs as an ad but i believe he would bring valuable insights to the table even if he was just helping us. if he was more up on the business end of things i would be more open to the idea. say what ya will i believe tubs loves auburn and would do his best to help us.

• WarTiger changed the title to Tuberville on next AD
5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Auburn people set fire to the athletic department and I think it's time we hire a non-AU person to fix this mess with an unbiased set of eyes and who doesn't give a damn about the good ole boy network.

I don’t care if they have a connection to AU just as long as that is not what we are hiring them for. They need to have a record of managing a large and expensive department. They need experience in hiring folks based upon there capabilities not just because they are a hot name at the moment. Make a good hire and put some sense of direction back into Auburn athletics.

By the way I don’t think the BOT or the big boosters have the pull they use too. I think that fade a few years ago. This choice is Leath’s completely. Will he listen to reasoned request from insiders? Yes. Will he be told who to hire ? No. I expect someone completly from outside with no AU ties. This will

be someone he will be responsible for so he will hire someone he trust to do the job.

Tubbs is part of the problem not part of the solution imo.  We have to get rid of the good ole boy club and all Tubbs would do is bring that back even worse then it is now.  We have sloooooowly been getting rid of it and the light is at the end of the tunnel let's keep moving forward not backwards.

I do appreiate what Tubbs did for Auburn but I think his time should remain done at Auburn.

No on Tuberville.  Heck I’d take Chizik before but neither are qualified in this day and age to be the AD.  

We need outside the “family” thinking but with a heart and love for the family.

As in the words of a great airport prophet “ we need a winner not a loser” 

Whomever gets the job, AU is not in a position to miss on this one. We have a royal mess in our athletic programs and I am not so sure any one person is totally responsible. In larger companies the Board sometimes brings in a hatchet man to make big and unpopular moves to rid the company of dead weight and problem employees. This is actually a temporary move. Then they replace this person with a long term proven manager who then establishes report with the base and hires his own people. Everybody likes this person because of the relief of the hatchet man moving on. AU may need something akin to this. I really don't know any inside info on Tubs or anybody else and don't have a clue as to who would be best. I just want competency and direction from this person. 

No one is more qualified????????????????????????????

3 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

No one is more qualified????????????????????????????

A qualified female athletic director is a step forward that I could definitely get behind.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

A qualified female athletic director is a step forward that I could definitely get behind.

That would definitely end “ the ole boy network” ?

and I think it would be a great improvement.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

My only issue with her is that I think I read somewhere that she has or had ties to Tim Jackson and that is a huge red flag to me.  If this is false, someone please set me straight.

wde

what is the deal with tubs and 140 mil?

Just now, auburn4ever said:

Tommy would get my vote. If I could vote on Auburn's next AD.

...and why would Auburn even think about considering him when no other school in the country would hire him as their AD?  Hiring Tub would be just like hiring a ticket manager as the AD...and you, of all people, should be able to see how that worked out...that ticket manager was JJ.

Give the Tub for AD a rest.  My apologies for being so direct.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Tommy would get my vote. If I could vote on Auburn's next AD.

what a ringing endorsement

Archived