moving quickly to replace Jacobs

Auburn2Eugene

Auburn will move 'very quickly' to replace AD Jacobs

by Dylan Perego 52m ago
cropped_USPW_399037.jpg?ts=1484157044

John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

Jay Jacobs gave a June departure date when he announced his plans to step down as Auburn's athletic director last week, but the university won't be waiting that long.

University president Steven Leath said the school plans to find Jacobs' successor as soon as possible, according to Brandon Marcello of 247 Sports.

"We're going to move very quickly on replacing AD Jacobs," Leath said Friday during a meeting with Auburn's board of trustees. "We are in the process of forming a search committee and strategizing plans to hire an athletic director.

"As soon as we can get it organized, it will be announced."

Jacobs' announcement came in the midst of the school's internal investigation into alleged academic fraud involving the football program, as well as an ongoing probe by the FBI into corruption in college basketball that led to the indictment (and firing) of Tigers associate coach Chuck Person. Jones cited the university's need for new leadership.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1418497?utm_source=chatbot&utm_medium=messenger&utm_campaign=news

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the football academic fraud is hogwash, but I'm glad we are moving quickly to get a new AD in place. 

Just please not Tubs or anyone else from Iowa State.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I hope its somebody that's never worked with Auburn, but it seems so eerie the fella we're likely getting

What I've been hearing (grain of salt alert) is Tim Jackson. BUT if Leath gets his way, and not succumb to the PTB , he'll clean house and rebuild the Athletic Department with qualified and proven personnel.. 

22 minutes ago, api1957 said:

What I've been hearing (grain of salt alert) is Tim Jackson. BUT if Leath gets his way, and not succumb to the PTB , he'll clean house and rebuild the Athletic Department with qualified and proven personnel.. 

if any of the tooth grinding about JJ was legit. Tim Jackson is the worst possible ..

27 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Maybe I have misguided faith, but I see no way that decision is made.

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

if any of the tooth grinding about JJ was legit. Tim Jackson is the worst possible ..

The vast majority of the tooth grinding about JJ was legit.  You are correct, a Tim Jackson hire as AD would cause riots (and rightfully so).

wde

Hopefully we are getting someone in place ASAP. However at this point anything is better than JJ at the helm. Hope Leath does his job and isn't influenced by the PTB and we get the athletic department running like it should. 

11 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Hopefully we are getting someone in place ASAP. However at this point anything is better than JJ at the helm. Hope Leath does his job and isn't influenced by the PTB and we get the athletic department running like it should. 

Tim Jackson would probably be worse than JJ,  but I simply can't believe Leath would hire Tim Jackson as the AD.

wde

21 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Tim Jackson would probably be worse than JJ,  but I simply can't believe Leath would hire Tim Jackson as the AD.

wde

I don't think Leath wants to hire him BUT a Tim Jackson hire would benefit who exactly? The status quo. And the status quo has been bringing us down for a decade. Still ticked off after reading that we didn't hire Kirby Smart because JJ didn't want him to coach the National Championship the 2012 season.  I say clean house and lose some of the donors for a couple of years. Auburn will survive. They'll come back if we start winning consistently in all sports. But Auburn needs a competent AD whose desire is to excel at his duties.

• WarTiger changed the title to moving quickly to replace Jacobs

So who with any credibility is pushing Jackson?   ....sounds like some folks trolling to me.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

No way

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So who with any credibility is pushing Jackson?   ....sounds like some folks trolling to me.  :dunno:

I trust my guy. He's had me about 2 days ahead of these black eyes since last November. That being said these things are typically fluid. But if you're one of the big money guys behind the scenes, then someone like TJ is the best guy for your interests over an outsider. My two cents, not trying to start an argument. We're all on the same team here!!

2 hours ago, api1957 said:

If the former scenario were to happen... :soapbox:

I have hope for Leath though.

3 hours ago, api1957 said:

well, you must be listening to a very bad, crazy source. Is it April 1st?))

No way in HECK, Auburn would bring in Tim Jackson to run this mess JJ has left.

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

We're all on the same team here!!

Maybe not......not saying you ......but no matter what your guy says, it sounds impossible that a guy at the side of the AD being pushed out the door for lack of control of the department would be even mentioned as a joke.  JMO. 

I find the thought of Tim Jackson becoming the AD thoroughly disgusting.  If that happens I think I would have to back away from Auburn athletics for a while. Talk about going from the frying pan directly to the scorching hot fire. 

Archived