moving quickly to replace Jacobs

Auburn2Eugene

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

well, you must be listening to a very bad, crazy source. Is it April 1st?))

No way in HECK, Auburn would bring in Tim Jackson to run this mess JJ has left.

I sure hope it was a joke he misunderstood. Hopefully it's a situation where his name is on the list because of his position, then quickly gets crossed off. I hope we're able to hire someone with a backbone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this proves to be true, we will be in for more darkness.  Tim Jackson is simply Jay Jacobs' mini-me and was trained in illegal influence brokering by Mr. Tough Guy himself....

"A perhaps even more perfect example is Jacobs' longtime co-worker and BFF Tim Jackson, who ran the AU ticket office for many years in which that office earned a reputation for incompetence and poor customer relations. By all accounts, the attitude of that office was a reflection of its leadership.
For reasons few can justify, Jacobs elevated Jackson from a position where he was already doing a poor job into one where he could do actual damage. Jackson, who deems himself Auburn's "general manager" for football, participates in interviews for coaching positions (notably including the one when Chizik was hired) and exerts authority over player discipline and other matters that are the proper purview of the head coach. Jackson is also widely believed to be responsible for the abrupt departures of both current Florida head coach Will Muschamp and David Marsh, the most successful college coach in the history of the state of Alabama.
For all the ire directed at Jacobs and Jackson, though, they're just the most public examples of the overall long-simmering dysfunction in the Auburn athletic department. Until and unless the university's leadership starts treating that department like what it is -- a $100 million business and the public face of the university for most of the country -- we'll see fiascoes like this continuing to happen in every sport."    

(Easliy) predicted in 2012

I hope we get Coach Tubberville as AD. I have thought for years that he would do a great job in that postilion I think there is little chance of my wish becoming a reality but everyone has an opinion and that is mine..

5 hours ago, WDG said:

I know this is early in the process but I think this is a good first move. We need people that will look at someone for the whole department not just football. We need a manager not a buddy to feel this post.

5 hours ago, api1957 said:

What I've been hearing (grain of salt alert) is Tim Jackson. BUT if Leath gets his way, and not succumb to the PTB , he'll clean house and rebuild the Athletic Department with qualified and proven personnel.. 

Jackson ain’t happening. Boosters can talk all they want but Leath is making this call. Bank it.

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I think the football academic fraud is hogwash, but I'm glad we are moving quickly to get a new AD in place. 

Just please not Tubs or anyone else from Iowa State.

Academic fraud my be hogwash (understand) but for these purposes its on the record and useful.

2 hours ago, api1957 said:

I sure hope it was a joke he misunderstood. Hopefully it's a situation where his name is on the list because of his position, then quickly gets crossed off. I hope we're able to hire someone with a backbone.

We've been part of many hires in our line of work.  Sometimes "politically-speaking", someone does get on an interview list.  However, becoming the pick in the end is not a given.  I agree, api.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well for - or better or worse -  this pretty much guarantees Gus won't be fired this season.

Unless the AD is hired in the next few days, and Gus loses to UGA and Bama in embarrassing fashion, I would be shocked to see anyone else as our coach next season.

10 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Unless the AD is hired in the next few days, and Gus loses to UGA and Bama in embarrassing fashion, I would be shocked to see anyone else as our coach next season.

I'd be shocked even if we get outscored 150-0 against Georgia and Alabama. 

In no way, shape, or form do I see us getting beat down like that, but even if it happens, I'd be shocked to see anyone besides Gus next season, unless Gus leaves on his own and/or we have an interm coach next season. 

Also... If we hire Tim Jackson, JJ may as well of kept his job.

But...

Stranger things have happened though, and this IS Auburn where the good ole boy network is still strong. And it's not like we hired the best most qualified person for the job last time we hired an AD.

Fine...fine I'll do it guys. I'll take this one for the team.

Football:

Bringing in Scott Frost - dude puts up points, he's young, now he has Florida connections for recruiting, and yours offense is incredibly diverse. Would very kindly ask / suggest to him that he keeps Steele and I'll throw all the money I can from my own paycheck to get Scott Fountain out of that demeaning job at Georgia and back in charge of our special teams.

Athletic dorms will be reinstated and facilities important to recruiting will receive funding from the obnoxious revenue of current ticket prices at football games.

Basketball:

I like Bruce Pearl but I would keep Mike White in serious consideration. Our basketball team has never really had a full commitment from the athletic department.

Baseball:

Go get Oregon State's Pat Casey. LSU and Florida were in the top 2 this year and we're barely in the top 25. He's not even that pricey.

Create a division 1 wrestling team and hire Sam Hazewinkel. His family is American wrestling royalty and I've met all of them. Extremely upstanding people all of which have Olympic caliber wrestlers. He's young and from Oklahoma so it wouldn't be too huge of a culture change either. Being the only division 1 wrestling program in the southeast (Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Florida, Mississippi) would allow you to have free range in recruiting and have a team loaded with state champions. Mizzou would be the only other team in the SEC with a team and we could pass them in no time. It's also the third most profitable sport in college. (Based off expenses vs income). Plus with the rise of women's wrestling (two world champions and a gold medalist) they could start the creating the structure for a woman's team for girls in these states to aspire for.

Frost....has a 14-7 career record .....only two years of coaching?   Played nobody of consequence .....not sure I see what the excitement is about.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Frost....has a 14-7 career record .....only two years of coaching?   Played nobody of consequence .....not sure I see what the excitement is about.

I don't think it matters. My money is on Frost coaching at Nebraska next season. I think they are finally realizing how stupid of a move hiring Mike Riley away from Oregon State was. 

Either way, we need a new direction in our Athletics Department. The old guard needs to be shown the door with JJ

Ha...just saw Conn run that old AU RPO that Marshall pulled on bama.....for a TD....So maybe Lashlee was calling some plays after all while at AU.  

18 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

My money is on Frost coaching at Nebraska next season

Could be but what I hear, Nebraska is not a great place for him or his offense...

32 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Frost's year two looks to be an improvement over year 1 so he is trending up. Gus is 0-6 against UGA and spuat since 2013 and 1-8 against top 10 teams since 2013.  How is there any excitement for Gus?  Gus needs to win today.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Frost's year two looks to be an improvement over year 1 so he is trending up. Gus is 0-6 against UGA and spuat since 2013 and 1-8 against top 10 teams since 2013.  How is there any excitement for Gus?  Gus needs to win today.

wde

I'm not talking about Gus...I thinking about whether or how we  plan to do better.....just saying that  to me, Frost does not look to be the guy to beat UAT..or Miss State for that matter.  

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm not talking about Gus...I thinking about whether or how we  plan to do better.....just saying that  to me, Frost does not look to be the guy to beat UAT..or Miss State for that matter.  

Oh really, then who, in all of your wisdom, do you think should replace Gus should he fold again like a cheap suit today?  Don't say Gus.

wde

2 hours ago, War Knight said:

Baseball:

Go get Oregon State's Pat Casey. LSU and Florida were in the top 2 this year and we're barely in the top 25. He's not even that pricey.

We have the right guy, right now.  He is going to be one of the all time greats if we can keep him around.  

If Pat Casey could be had (at any price), he would have been gone five years ago.  As for the comparison to LSU and UF, you're kidding right?  We haven't been relevant in baseball since Baird was in his prime twenty years ago.  We swept the Gators last season when they were top 5 and held our own in an unbelievably good SEC.

I agree with POD on Baseball, we have the coach.  Softball seems to be in good hands now.  I think Pearl will be ok.  Swimming needs to have Marsh back and football, I think Frost would be an upgrade if we were to keep the Defense right.  I just hope we don't get another homer for an AD.  We really need someone who knows what they are doing and clean house for those that don't belong there like jackson.  Just my two cents.

3 hours ago, War Knight said:

Fine...fine I'll do it guys. I'll take this one for the team.

Baseball:

You're disqualified right here.  Touch the baseball program and I'll personally hunt you down because this is a hire JJ got right.  Butch has the #4 ranked recruiting class in the country coming in this season and we have a legit shot at hosting a regional with our roster.  We were also 1 out away from hosting a super-regional last year.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're disqualified right here.  Touch the baseball program and I'll personally hunt you down because this is a hire JJ got right.  Butch has the #4 ranked recruiting class in the country coming in this season and we have a legit shot at hosting a regional with our roster.  We were also 1 out away from hosting a super-regional last year.

Fair enough lol

I can admit to not following our baseball team haha

Archived