Saturday games 11/11 -Upset Alert

AUBwins

Just now, DAG said:

I️I hope you are right bud. I just don’t like to put these things in the committee hands 

Agreed. I hate putting our fate in their hands.   It’s really weird. Georgia and Bama both could end up facing each other twice. The howls would be loud if that was at the expense of Wisconsin. I don’t think it would at that point.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Agreed. I hate putting our fate in their hands.   It’s really weird. Georgia and Bama both could end up facing each other twice. The howls would be loud if that was at the expense of Wisconsin. I don’t think it would at that point.

True. I am personally a fan of the idea of the 5 power conference champions and additionally 3 at-large bids to end something like this but I can see why they wouldn't want to expand as well.

Not a chance that an undefeated Big 11 team gets left out by way of a 2 loss SEC champion.  If that happens it won't take long for the playoff to expand to 8.

Which would make a couple of additional bowl games relevant again.  Sheesh.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Not a chance that an undefeated Big 11 team gets left out by way of a 2 loss SEC champion.  If that happens it won't take long for the playoff to expand to 8.

Maybe we should hope for that then. I wish it was 8 teams at most. No more. No less.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

They are undefeated and ranked ahead of us? Your sarcasm is misplaced. 

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I️I hope you are right bud. I just don’t like to put these things in the committee hands 

That's the way it works.....or did you miss that when the system changed.  

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Which would make a couple of additional bowl games relevant again.  Sheesh.

Six seems best—make the regular season matter more than eight. Have quarterfinals hosted by #3 and #4, while #1 and #2 await in the semis. The losers of the quarters would go to a predetermined at large NY6 bowl.

Fla not looking good today and their QB just went down with some kind of injury.....was just rolling out and went down...knee perhaps....and that makes it worse for them. but they do get 3 more ...USCe up 14-6

A game that probably means very little but give USCe fans credit....a pretty full stadium today.  

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Six seems best—make the regular season matter more than eight. Have quarterfinals hosted by #3 and #4, while #1 and #2 await in the semis. The losers of the quarters would go to a predetermined at large NY6 bowl.

If they ever decide to add, they'll go to 8.  

Can you imagine a consolation bowl?  They used to do that in the basketball Final Four...it was considered punishment by the participating teams.  The overwhelming response from coaches, players and fans would be "thanks but no thanks".

Miami giving ND fits...up 14-0 and Richt's team has finally put some fans in the stadium.....though maybe half of them are ND fans ...it is plenty loud there tonight.   

This might take ND out of the race if it keeps up like this.  

I don't think we'll need to worry about an undefeated Wisconsin team, as I think OSU will beat them.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Wisconsin is ranked #8 in the nation. A 2 loss auburn team is not going to get in before an undefeated Wisconsin team. 

Why do you disrespect Auburn with the lower case "a" ?

Archived